Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is known to be an abnormal vaginal condition. The problem is characterized by vaginal discharge and happens due to overgrowth of a typical type of bacteria in the vagina. It will be wrong to say it an infection as it is basically caused due to imbalance of bacteria which are commonly found in Vagina area. It is not at all a dangerous health issue but can cause discomfort for women. Many medical experts recommend using boric acid for BV (bacterial vaginosis).
Table of Contents
- Does Boric Acid Work for BV:
- How to Use Boric Acid for BV(Bacterial Vaginosis):
- 1. Boric Acid and Hydrogen Peroxide for BV:
- 2. Boric Acid and Coconut oil for BV:
- How Long Does it Take for Boric Acid to Cure BV:
- Read Also:
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for BV
- Does Coconut oil Get Rid of BV
- How Long Does it Take to Cure BV with Tea Tree oil
- More from my site
Does Boric Acid Work for BV:
Intravaginal boric acid is in use for over hundred years for treating the problem of vaginal infections? Boric acid is highly inexpensive, accessible, and is known to be an effective treatment option for many infections.
How to Use Boric Acid for BV(Bacterial Vaginosis):
There are many ways in which you can use boric acid for treating the problem of Bacterial vaginosis. We are mentioning some of the best ways of using the same.
1. Boric Acid and Hydrogen Peroxide for BV:
Hydrogen peroxide (HP) is capable to treat the problem of BV in a natural way as the vaginal bacteria itself contains (HP).
- Boric acid
- Hydrogen peroxide
Preparation Time: 5 Mins.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in a bowl
- Add 1 spoon of boric acid
- Take 3 spoon of water and mix all well
- Clean the Vagina using this mix in clean cotton
- Wait for 10 to 15 mins
- Now wash the area well with water
How it work: It will offer you immediate relief from the nasty smell of vaginal discharge and offer comfort.
Repetitions: Twice daily for a week.
Best time to Apply: In your free time.
Tips: You can insert diluted hydrogen peroxide and Boric acid soaked tampons for 30 mins for a comfortable feeling.
[ Read: How to Use Hydrogen Peroxide for BV ]
2. Boric Acid and Coconut oil for BV:
Coconut oil is known for having good amount of antibacterial as well anti fungal features which can treat much infection including BV.
- Coconut Oil
- Boric Acid
Preparation Time: 5 Min.
- Take 2 spoon of coconut oil in a bowl
- Add 1 spoon of boric acid and mix well
- Soak a tampon in the mix and place it in your vagina
- Keep It for 2 hours and then wash the area with water
How it works: This will help in fighting the bacteria which is responsible for causing the vaginal infection.
Repetitions: 2 times a day for a week.
Best time to Apply: Before bedtime or in your free time.
Tips: Include coconut oil in cooking food when you are suffering from BV.
How Long Does it Take for Boric Acid to Cure BV:
- You need to use it for minimum 7 days twice a day to get the relief faster from the problem of BV.
There are various other ways of treating the problem of BV in women, but use of boric acid can offer you the desired result must faster. You can use boric acid alone or even along with other natural ingredients for treatment.