BV or Bacterial vaginosis is a type of infection which is found in women in her private parts. There are 2 types of Bacteria found, One is good bacteria and other one is bad bacteria. Presence of good bacteria supports in controlling growth of bad bacteria. Women suffering from bacterial vaginosis actually have misbalanced proportion of good and bad bacteria. Lack of required amount of good bacteria and existence of too many bad bacteria cause this problem. Imbalance of these 2 types of bacteria in the vagina leads to increase of white as well as grey discharge. Sometimes it comes with a fishy smell which is very odd. Some may get a burning sensation or itching close to vagina at time of urination. But in most of the cases there is hardly any symptom observed by women. There are several ways to get rid of Bacterial vaginosis. Some suggests making use of coconut oil for its treatment. If the condition turns serious then doctor’s attention may be needed.
Is Coconut Oil Good for BV?
Coconut oil is having good amount of antibacterial as well anti fungal properties which can be for topical treatment in order to get control on the bacterial infections which occur in the vagina. In short we recommend use of coconut oil for this problem for below reasons:
- It is Anti-viral in nature
- It is Anti-bacterial in nature
- It is Anti-fungal in nature
How to Use Coconut Oil for BV?
Before you make an attempt to use coconut oil for treating BV ensure that the one you are using is an organic one. You can consume it with food as this will directly enter your body and give you internal power to fight this health issue. On the other way out you can put coconut oil directly in the vagina.
1. Coconut Oil for BV:
How to do:
- Take few spoons of coconut oil and put it in freezer for few minutes till it turns to semi solid state.
- Now place it inside vagina and it will melt over there in an evenly manner.
There are other methods of using Coconut oils for treating the problem of BV.
2. Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil for BV:
Tea tree oil acts wonderfully and in an effective manner to treat this problem. Tea tree oil in combination with coconut oil can be used as a home remedy for killing the germs which are responsible to cause bacterial vaginosis. Tea tree oil is having both antimicrobial as well as antifungal properties perfect to handle infection present in vagina. If you are feeling embarrassed because of the vagina odor, then the antibacterial effect of it will support in eliminating odor present in vaginal discharge.
- Take a bowl with some warm water.
- Take 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and mix well.
- Add few drops of coconut oil after making it warm and mix well.
- Now put a cotton tampon in it and soak it.
- Place it in the vagina and keep it for at least 2 hrs and then take out.
- Do this for a week and get some relief soon.
3. Vitamin C and Coconut Oil for BV:
Vitamin C is one of the most popular supplements known for treating BV. You can take it through vagina or even orally. 500 mg tablet is perfect to take through vagina. If in case you are finding that it is causing irritation in vagina skin, then take it orally and apply some coconut oil in vagina for irritation relief.
4. Boric Acid and Coconut Oil for BV:
Use of Boric acid is also considered as one of the most trustworthy home remedy to treat the problem of BV.
- You can have it in form of capsule and insert the same through vagina and keep it for 2 to 3 hrs time and you will be away from the odor.
- If you still feel that bit of the odor still exists, then they go for one more capsule in 2nd part of the day and you will be completely free from it.
In case you are getting a feel of dryness near the vagina after boric acid treatment then do not get scared. Make some capsule of coconut oil and place it in the freezer. Once it takes a semi solid state insert it in the vagina this will kill the yeast or bacteria present in the vagina completely. It will give a soothing feel.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut Oil for BV:
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) can give you quick relief from the itching sensation and inflammation caused in vagina due to bacterial vaginosis. Its antibacterial feature is perfect to treat BV. It will act to lower down the Ph level of the vagina.
- You need to take 2 cups full of apple cider and add in your bath water along with few drops of coconut oil.
- Ensure the water is lukewarm.
- Let your body soak in the water for about 20 minutes or so. This will treat your BV problem faster.
- Do it for 2 to 3 days for fast recovery from this problem. You can also add few drops of tea oil in it for a soothing effect in the vagina area.
What Kind of Coconut Oil is Best for BV:
As already mentioned in the beginning that use of organic oil is considered best for treating problems of BV. Avoid using such coconut oils which are available with artificial essence to make your hair smell better. Go for pure and organic coconut oil only for treating the problem of bacterial vaginosis.
There are various other methods of treating the problem of bacterial vaginosis, but one of the best alternatives to treat it at home is with organic coconut oil. You can try out any of the above mentioned methods where coconut oil in combination with other natural oils and boric acids are used for treating the problem.