Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is one such medical condition, which is common to see in all grown up girls eligible to bear child. It is nothing too serious and can be easily treated. If you are victim of BV, then kindly note you’re not the only one in this world. BV is by far the most popular cause behind vaginal infections in women in their childbearing age. Women vagina is acidic, and that prevents bad bacteria growth. It maintains good level for lactobacillus. When pH balance turns less acidic it affects vagina health. The imbalance in pH leads to overgrowth of anaerobic organisms which reduces normal lactobacilli, and BV arrives in vagina. As per experts use of Tea oil can help in fighting this vaginal condition well.
Is Tea Tree Oil Safe for BV Treatment?
Tea tree oil do have powerful antibacterial as well as antifungal properties which is considered perfect for treating bacterial vaginosis. It has the ability to kill parasites and fungal infections. Tea tree oil is completely safe remedy to treat Bacterial Vaginosis.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for BV Treatment?
1. Tea Tree Oil for BV
Bath with tree oil is considered safe for treating problems like BV in women. It offers relief instantly from the pain and irritation which is cause because of BV. Doctors prescribe this method of bath with tree tea oil for the curative benefit it offers.
- Take half bath tub water. Ensure the water is lukewarm and can be tolerated by your skin
- Take half quarter cup of sea salt or you can also use Epsom salt and mix it well with water
- Add some 15 to 20 drops of tee tree oil in water. Stir it well to make it completely dissolved in water
- If you are not willing to go for a complete bath, then soak lower half of the body in water
- Be in tha position for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Keep on repeating this process for about 6 to 7 times a day. This will allow you get fast relief from the problem and pain of BV
2. Coconut Oil and Tea Tree Oil for BV:
Tea tree oil along with coconut oil is also considered ideal for treating the problem of BV in women. Vagina skin is very tender and soft, so special attention needs to be given for treating the infected vagina.
- Take a table spoon of coconut oil and make it warm to bring it in liquid form
- Put 2 to 3 drops of tree tea oil in the coconut oil and mix it well
- Take a tampon and get it soaked in the coconut – tea tree oil mix
- Now place the tampon inside your vagina and leave it for 2 hrs or so
- Repeat this process minimum twice a day for 2 to 3 days
- This way one can help the vagina fight against BV in a strong and effective way.
3. Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil for BV:
The combination of tea tree oil with olive oil can also heal the problem of BV fast and gives a relaxing feeling too. This method of treatment needs to be done in 2 steps.
- Take half filled lukewarm water in bath tub. Do check if the water heat perfect for your body or not
- Now add 10 to 12 drops of tea tree oil in the water and mix it well
- Soak the body and especially the lower part of it in this water for around 30 minutes for best results
- Pat you body dry. Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day
- Take 2 spoons of olive oil and make it light warm to kill bacteria if any present in it
- Let it cool down and soak a tampon in this oil
- Place the soaked tampon in the vagina and keep it for the whole night.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Oil for BV:
Use of apple cider vinegar along with tea tree oil is good for treating the problem of BV. ACV is considered as an excellent home remedy to treat Bacterial Vaginosis due to its acidic nature.
- Take 1 or 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and add in your lukewarm bath water.
- Soak the body in this water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Get you vaginal area pat dry using soft cotton cloth
- Do it daily at least once to improve condition.
- Take 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and mix it in a bowl of lukewarm water and mix it well.
- Use soft and clean cotton and deep in this solution to clean your vagina.
- Practice it for 2 to 3 months to get better and effective results
- Add 3 drops of tree oil with 3 full cups of apple Cider vinegar and mix it well in lukewarm bath water.
- Take only half bath tub filled water
- Soak your body for half an hour.
- Practice it every alternative day for 2 to 3 months for resolving this problem completely
5. Hydrogen Peroxide and Tea Tree Oil for BV:
Hydrogen peroxide is known as a natural disinfecting agent and considered excellent for treating BV. When combined with tea tree oil treatment it offers faster result.
- Prepare a solution consisting of 1.5% Hydrogen peroxide and rest water
- Now soak a Tampon in this solution
- Place it in the Vagina and leave it
- Take it out within next 30 minutes time
- Try it daily once till the time problem and the fishy smell of vagina is completely gone
- For a soothing effect in Vagina take 2-3 drops of tree tea oil and mix it with few drops of water
- Again soak a tampon in this solution and place it in the vagina and leave it overnight
How Long to Use Tea Tree Oil for BV:
You need to use Tea tree oil till the time you are completely sure that the problem of BV is gone. The fishy smell of Vagina which is an indication of having BV needs to be removed completely. Keep using it till you are satisfied.
BV or Bacterial Vaginosis is not a serious health issue and can be treated easily at home. All that is important you know how to follow steps at home for treating the problem. If in case you are finding that even after trying tree oil the problem is not solved, visit your doctor for assistance and advice.