Weed is a drug which is prepared from a plant named as Cannabis. The use of weed can lead to both short and long term ill effects on the body. The shorter term effect includes short-term memory loss, dry mouth, and red eyes. The longer term effect includes addiction, a decrease of mental ability among the teenagers, abnormal behaviour among kids whose mother opted for weed during pregnancy and so on. In this article we shall discuss how long does the weed last when consumed in the body.
Table of Contents
How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
After the consumption of weed, it stays in our body for a long time to specify the time period is a difficult task because of everybody access differently towards the consumption of the weed. Ones who do not intake weed frequently , do not have to worry about the reaction of the weed because it stays in their body for a period of two to three days. Unfortunately, people who are a consumer of it on daily base have weed in their system for a long time. Weed is fat soluble so it is difficult to detect the time period of them.
Types of Drug Testing
There are several ways to detect the presence of weed in our body. The intake of weed in our body comes into reaction with series of biochemical that are present in our body and then that reaction degrades the drug into slightly different structures and that structure is called metabolites and urine is the main way to throw out the metabolites that are present in our body.
Here are Some Tests:
1. Urine: Urine test is the one which is mostly recommended because it is cheap. The correctness of the test depends upon the presence of THC in the body. On a urine drug test, THC will appear as positive within the time period of 2-5 hours. The presence of THC will be seen in the body according to the intake of the drug.
- One time user will show positive result within the period of 1-6 days.
- The moderate user will show positive result within the period of 7-13 days.
- Heavy users may show the positive result within the period of 45-90 days.
2. Hair Test: The maximum time taken by weed to reach your hairs is 5 days. The weed that you intake gets circulated to various part of your body including your hair follicles through blood. The drug metabolite that reaches up to your hair gets trapped into the hair shafts as it grows out from your hair follicle. The growth rate of hairs is 5 inches per month. So for testing the drug through your hair, the examiner tests the toxin that is present in the hair shaft. The examiner takes the 1.5 lengths of the hair from the scalp and a positive result shows that the drug was taken past 3 months.
3. Saliva: Saliva test is done to know the intake of weed for past few days. The saliva test is a bit difficult to detect. This test is performed by the employers before employing employees, post accident or for reasonable suspicion. Saliva test provided a similar result as a blood test. Detection by saliva can be done just after the intake of the weed or after 12-24 hours.
4. Sweat: This test is done by applying a patch for 10 to 14 days after which that patch is sent to the laboratory. This test has certain drawbacks as the humid climate can affect the patch on the skin.
How to Get Weed Out of Your System:
1. Vinegar: Vinegar being acidic in nature can help in removing weed from the system. It is said that when you introduce more acid to your digestive system it makes your body produce less acid which helps to slow down metabolism. Then it helps in the proper breakdown of food and purifies the kidney and liver. The vinegar will remove the impurities from the body and thus eliminate THC through urine.
2. Water: Water can also be a good source of removing weed from the body. Try to drink 2-3 liters of water but do not drink too much of water as it can be dangerous. Start with 2 liters. The presence of water will make your urine colorless and hence no trace of weed will be found.
3. Bleach: Bleach can also be used for clearing your system from weed. It is not an assured method because bleach can really harm the body as it is very toxic but still it can be used to remove the weed.
4. Cranberry juice: This is a natural way of removing weed from the system. It is said that the cranberry juice can remove impurities much faster than the simple water as the presence of natural antioxidant is beneficial in removing the weed.
5. Exercise: It is the easiest way to remove weed from the system as exercise helps in burning the very cell that contains THC. Exercise is a little tricky and it will help in burning THC and thus remove weed from the system.
6. Jello: Jello has a very sugary accent which is thick in consistency and can fill your bladder with sugary substance and make THC dilute and then be in the dilute state it will be easy to pass out through urinary bladder and finally out of the system.
7. Pickle juice: The acetic acid present in the pickle juice will help in removing the weed from the body but is not the efficient method but still it can be practiced.
8. Niacin : Niacin also known as a substitute for vitamin B and is extremely important for body’s chemical process. The intake of niacin helps in fat metabolism that helps in flushing unwanted drugs from the body including weed.
Factors That May Impact Drug Results:
There are many factors that disturb the result of the drug test. The timing is the most important factor as time passes the effect of drugs negligible. The next factor is the laboratory where a test is done because if the examiner is not going to perform the test in particular procedure then the result of the test are going to be false. The test can be faulty because the person can have more consumption of water or had just rinsed his mouth with mouthwash which can really disturb the accuracy of the test.
So the consumption of weed can turn your life to a serious turn the passing of test can build up anxiety and create an even worse situation in your life. So try to avoid and in case you indulge yourself in such activity then apply for the remedies above.SHARE THIS STORY ON FACEBOOK