We generally consider our cuticles while getting a manicure but the fact is they need attention and care since they are a part of our skin. Cuticles form a reason for the nail matrix protection and hence looking after them is mandatory. Read on to know how to cut them and take care of them.
Cut Cuticles Safely At Home
What Is A Cuticle And How To Cut Them Safely At Home?
The cuticle is a flaky skin of white color, attached to the nail bed. Here are the tips to cut them safely:
1. Buy a Cuticle Remover: After filing and trimming your nails in the desired shape, you will need a good cuticle remover to loosen it off the nail plate. This will help you decide if it needs to be trimmed or just pushed back.
2. Gently Push Back the Cuticle with a Metal Pusher: Use a metal pusher to push the cuticle towards the back end of the nails. Then use soap and water for washing the cuticle remover from the nail plate and cut off the parts which are hanging. Just the dead excessive hangnails should be trimmed, nothing else.
3. Cuticle oil Application: Once the cuticle is trimmed or pushed back, apply some cuticle oil for nourishment. Its anti-inflammatory characteristics are quite beneficial. Some of such oils have hydrating vitamin E oil as well as anti-microbial tea tree oil for better outcomes. Let the oil sink in before washing off the excess oil with soap and water.
4. Apply Sunscreen: Just like the facial skin, our hands also need the application of sunscreen lotion regularly to avoid sunburn and premature sunspots.
5. Opt for Gentle Manicure: When you visit a manicurist, inform him that you want your cuticles to be pushed back. Then this would be gently done with an orange stick. In case you feel that the cuticle is being vigorously pushed, tell him to stop.
6. Avoid Drying Agents: Frequently washing dishes and even using too much nail polish remover having acetone can dry out the nails. Hence make sure to stay away from such agents by wearing gloves, and opting for nail polish remover free from acetone.
7. Never Bite Your Nails: The saliva from the mouth has enzymes which can break down the skin. Hence there are chances of infection of the cuticle if you keep biting your nails or the cuticles.
It is easy to take care of your nails and cuticles at home but you need to know the facts right so maximum protection can be ensured. Avoiding certain habits and sticking to the tips mentioned above can help you have healthier nails and cuticles. In case you are cutting your cuticles for the first time, you can go to the salon to get it done near a professional. In case of any issue after cutting the cuticles, check with a dermatologist, to prevent the situation from worsening.
- An Easy Step By Step Instruction On How To Do Pedicure At Home
- How to Clean Your Fingernails at Home?
- How Often Should You Use Cuticle oil?
- How To Use A Nail Drill?
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Stronger and Healthier Nails?