Acne scars have spurred aesthetic concern. Acne is a skin condition that results when skin pores clogged with bacteria, dead cells, dust or impurities. Fortunately, there is a natural remedy that helps to eliminate acne scars and treat acne, and that is the use of turmeric. The method of the turmeric plant to treat acne is gaining popularity in the contemporary world.
Does Turmeric Treat Acne Scars?
Turmeric has some characteristics which make it practical to skin, and they include
- Its antibacterial activity that’s helps to cure bacteria without leaving scars
- The pure nature that helps sooth the skin and thus reduces irritation.
- It contains the compound curriculum derived from its scientific name “circuma longa” that acts as an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory that helps the body not to produce excess melanin.this also helps to repair the damaged skin leaving it looking radiant.
- It has a profound penetrating nature, and this thus prevents the skin from getting destroyed from the inside and therefore the absence of scars.
How to Use Turmeric for Acne Scars?
Below are methods that can be used to treat acne scars using turmeric.
1. Besan and Turmeric for Acne Scars:
Besan is the other name for gram flour that is widely renowned for its beauty characteristics.
How To Do:
These guidelines to the use of turmeric and besan for acne treatment;
- Put a small amount of milk in a tin
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder followed by a teaspoonful of besan flour.
- Mix the contents to attain a paste.
- Gently apply the mixture to the affected areas of the skin and leave the skin for 30 minutes,
- Wash off the dough with warm water.
- Repeatedly use this homemade therapy until the scars are healed from the face
2. Lemon and Turmeric for Acne Scars:
Lemon has a skin lightening property which aids in the collagen fiber production which reduces blemishes and other marks appearances.
How To Do:
- Add a tablespoon of turmeric powder and a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Make a thick paste by mixing the contents then apply the resultant solution into the affected areas of the skin
- Do a massage of 2 to 3 minutes and wash the area off with cold water
- Use a clean cloth to pat the skin dry. Continuous use of this remedy reliefs the body entirely from acne.
- To achieve excellent results, repeatedly follow the above steps;
3. Honey and Turmeric for Acne Scars:
In addition to its moisturizing formula, honey is well known for its anti-bacterial nature, and this helps in the treatment of the acne spots. The method of using honey and turmeric is as follows;
How To Do:
- Take a teaspoonful of turmeric powder and add into it three teaspoonful of honey
- Stir the contents well until they blend perfectly
- Leave the resultant paste to rest for 10 minutes before applying to the affected regions of the face.
- Use warm water to wash the dough off after a period of not less than half an hour.
- Use a clean cloth to dry the skin and then you apply a moisturizer to the face.
- Frequently use this home remedy for useful results.
4. Milk and Turmeric for Acne Scars:
This method is one of the most natural ways to use turmeric for scar treatment.
How To Do:
- Add water to the � teaspoon of turmeric and stir well to make a paste.
- Work the dough into the affected areas of the skin and let the mixture to dry.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Regularly use this method for best results.
5. Neem and Turmeric for Acne Scars:
Neem is known for its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.it also acts as a natural antioxidant and it has its benefits in breaking acne
How To Do:
- Put 3 to 4 drops of neem oil into a container
- Add turmeric powder and mix the ingredients thoroughly to achieve a paste with excellent consistency.
- Apply this glue to the affected regions of your face
- Allow the adhesive to dry and wash it with cold water
- Consistently use this home remedy until the acne scars are thoroughly washed off.
Don’ts of using Turmeric:
- Only use the recommended quantity of turmeric powder
- Avoid contact with the eyes with the turmeric pastes.
There are so many causes of acne, and we have different skin textures is are why recommendations on regular treatment for best results is advisable. It is also desirable that once one method is not working always to try another approach or ingredient.Who doesn’t want a smooth and healthy face?