HPV virus results in lumpy structures on the skin, known as warts, which might appear at any place in the body. They have a rough surface and people use various ways to get rid of them naturally. Using castor oil is one of the simplest methods to do this. Let us see more on how to do it in the next sections.
Why is Castor Oil an Effective Remedy Against Warts?
Anti-viral characteristics of castor oil help in killing the warts virus. It also has anti-oxidants and is known for its anti-inflammatory properties too. This is the reason, castor oil can help get rid of warts.(1)(2)
Method of Using:
- Take some castor oil and rub it on the affected area for a few minutes. Let it sit.
- Repeating this 2-3 times daily can help in removing warts in a few months or weeks.
- You can also place a cotton ball soaked in the oil and let it sit overnight on warts using tape, for similar results.
- It is better to avoid being too harsh on warts while applying castor oil.
- Also, those who are allergic to the oil, must not use it.
- To avoid its strong repulsive smell. adding some peppermint oil to it while applying, can help.
Are There Any Side Effects of Using Castor oil in Removing Warts?
No, there are no side effects but people with sensitive skin and those having allergies to the oil must avoid using it as it can lead to undesirable outcomes.
Rubbing castor oil on warts on a regular basis can keep the skin moist and help warts fall off with time. Consistently doing it can show visible results, though the duration when the outcome can be witnessed varies from one individual to another.
Q. How should people allergic to castor oil remove warts?
Ans: There are a few other oils that have the same impact as castor oil. These are Vitamin E oil, oregano oil, fish oil, cod liver oil, lemon oil, wormwood oil, aloe vera, lemon juice or cashew nut oil.
Q. Is using castor oil with some other ingredient produce results more quickly?
Ans: There is nothing like quicker results as you must wait for some time and practice the technique regularly to find visible results in wart removal. If you want to try other ways, adding some baking soda or crushed vitamin C tablet to castor oil to create a paste is a great idea.
- Allergy to castor oil and colophony in a wart remover- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1395569/
- Antiviral activity of castor oil plant (Ricinus communis) leaf extracts- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33515683/
You Might Also Like
- How to Remove Warts With Tea Tree oil
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Warts
- How to Use Oregano Oil for Warts
- 10 Essential Oils for Cold Sores: How It Works?