Peppermint oil is nothing but the extraction from peppermint plants by vapor distillation of fresh or partially dried leaves. This essential oil is widely used in various cosmetics, skin, face, and hair care products. Including peppermint essential oil in your skin, face, and hair care routine helps to enhance your beauty.
- Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Skin
- 1. Reduces Skin Itchiness
- 2. Heal Cracked Lips
- 3. Tackles Oily Skin
- 4. Aids in Skin Relaxation
- Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Face
- 1. Reduces Acne
- 2. Utilized as Facial Scrub
- 3. Acts as a Face Toner
- 4. Get a Plumping Lip
- Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Hair
- 1. Boosts Hair Growth
- 2. Helps in the Prevention of Lice
- 3. Repairs Damaged Hair
- 4. Revitalize your Hair and Scalp
Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Skin
The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of peppermint oil spread numerous benefits to the skin. The following are some of the benefits of peppermint essential oil for the skin.
1. Reduces Skin Itchiness
Peppermint oil is especially useful in providing immediate relief from the itching sensation. Itching that is caused by insect bites can also be eased with this.
Peppermint Oil and Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 Drops of Peppermint Oil
- 1tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- Add 2 drops of peppermint essential oil to aloe vera gel and stir well.
- Apply this to the affected zones.
- Leave it overnight.
Tip: The moisturizing ability of aloe vera gel heals your skin irritation, redness, and inflammations.
[ Recommended: Unexpected Beauty Uses for Olive Oil ]
2. Heal Cracked Lips
Because of the presence of menthol leaves in peppermint essential oil, it is packed with soothing nutrients that treat dry and chapped lips.
Peppermint Essential Oil Application
- Few Drops of Peppermint Oil
- Take a cotton bud and dip in to few drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply and rub over your dry lips.
Tip: Peppermint essential oil gives cooling and refreshing effects on sun-baked and dehydrated lips.
[ Recommended: Benefits & Uses of Almond Oil for Skin and Hair ]
3. Tackles Oily Skin
The anti-microbial properties of the peppermint essential oil clears out the excess oil from your skin by controlling the production of sebum thereby reducing pimples and breakouts.
Peppermint Oil and Fuller Earth Clay Mask
- 1 tbsp Fuller Earth Clay
- 1-2 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 1 drop of Peppermint Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Basil Water Toner
- Make a smooth paste by mixing fuller earth clay, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and basil water toner.
- Apply to your facial area.
- Let it dry for 12-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
Tip: Fuller earth clay has the ability to suck excessive oil content and dirt from your skin. It improvises your skin complexion as well.
[ Recommended: Benefits Of Castor Oil For Skin And Hair ]
4. Aids in Skin Relaxation
Peppermint oil aids in rejuvenating and refreshing your skin that is exposed to various external damages. Besides this, it has the ability to relax your mind and body.
Peppermint Oil Bath
- 5-6 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Tub of Water
- Add 5-6 drops of peppermint essential oil to your bathwater tub.
- Let your skin soak in bath water tub for 25-30 minutes.
- Afterwards take a shower.
Tip: Taking a peppermint essential oil bath promotes the bloodstream further helping you to release the feeling of tiredness.
[ Recommended: Benefits of Coconut oil For Hair, Skin and Face ]
Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Face
The warmth and cooling effects of peppermint oil help in the regeneration of cells thus making your face look more youthful and glowing. The major advantages of peppermint essential oil are given below.
1. Reduces Acne
Excess oil in your face triggers acne and breakouts. The anti-bacterial component of this essential oil destroys the acne-causing bacteria and diminishes blemishes.
Vitamin E oil and Peppermint Oil
- 1 tbsp vitamin E Oil
- 2 drops of Peppermint Oil
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl, add vitamin E oil, peppermint essential oil, and olive oil.
- Stir it well and apply to the acne and pimples.
- Wash it off after a while.
Tip: The fat-soluble aspect of vitamin E oil regulates collagen production and it hydrates as well as strengthens skin elasticity.
[ Recommended: Benefits of Vitamin E oil For Your Skin And Hair ]
2. Utilized as Facial Scrub
Scrubbing your face is essentially significant to eliminate dead skin cells and detoxification of impurities. This assists in brightening your face by regeneration of cells.
Peppermint Oil and Rock Salt Scrubber
- 1-2 tbsp Rock Salt
- 1-2 drops Peppermint Oil
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Add peppermint essential oil to rock salt and a carrier oil like olive oil.
- Combine it well and scrub gently on your face and neck.
- Let it soak for a minute.
- Rinse it off with chilled water.
Tip: Rock salt acts as a natural exfoliating agent removing the clogged dirt and leaving your skin supple and smooth.
[ Recommended: Benefits of Tea Tree oil for Your Skin and Hair ]
3. Acts as a Face Toner
Peppermint essential oil treats the uneven skin tone and therefore maintains the pH balance of your face.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Peppermint Oil
- Few drops of Water
- 1 drop Peppermint Oil
- Few drops Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply it over your face and leave it overnight.
- Wash your face with chilled water the next morning.
Tip: Infused with acidic and anti-microbial properties, apple cider vinegar helps to tighten your pores and keep problems like pigmentation and acne at bay.
4. Get a Plumping Lip
In fact, this essential oil also works gloriously for getting a gorgeous fuller-looking lip.
Peppermint Oil and Cinnamon Oil
- Clear Lip Gloss
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 6 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- To your clear lip gloss, add cinnamon essential oil and peppermint essential oil.
- Shake well the bottle ensuring the ingredients are mixed well.
- Apply this to your lips everyday.
Tip: Cinnamon oil owns the property of uplifting the mucous membrane that enhances the blood flow around your lip area.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil for Hair
The antiseptic compounds of peppermint oil help cure various hair care problems. Below are some popular benefits of peppermint oil for hair.
1. Boosts Hair Growth
Massaging peppermint oil onto your scalp, increases blood circulation thus enhancing the hair follicles and supporting the growth of hair.
Peppermint Oil and Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 7-10 drops of Peppermint Oil
- Mix coconut oil and peppermint oil in a bowl.
- Gently massage the oil mixture onto your scalp.
- Leave for 4-5 hours and rinse with shampoo.
Tip: The fat-rich in coconut oil naturally rejuvenates your hair further strengthening the hair roots.
2. Helps in the Prevention of Lice
Lice is the major problem for hair loss, itching, and irritation. The immense mint flavor of this essential oil eradicates the lice.
Olive Oil and Peppermint Oil
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Peppermint Oil
- Stir the olive oil with peppermint oil.
- Apply to the scalp and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Brush your hair thoroughly with a comb to clean up dead lice.
- Rinse your hair with a lukewarm water.
Tip: The strong odor of peppermint oil helps to get rid of lice problems. Further olive oil smoothens your itchy hair scalp.
3. Repairs Damaged Hair
Peppermint oil calms your damaged hair and split ends by soothing and hydrating it. It further protects your hair from harmful chemical products.
Peppermint Oil and Egg Hair Mask
- 1 Egg
- 1 ripe Banana
- 2tbsp Milk
- 1tbsp Honey
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- Few drops of Peppermint Oil
- Mash the banana and add milk, honey, egg, and olive oil.
- Beat the ingredients well and add a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply this combination to your hair and scalp.
- Let it stay for 25-30 minutes and rinse it off.
Tip: Egg contains biotin that provides nourishment and banana helps in making your hair texture soft and smooth.
4. Revitalize your Hair and Scalp
Your scalp and hair health can be regained by utilizing the excellent features of peppermint oil.
Jojoba Oil and Peppermint Oil
- 1tbsp Jojoba Oil or Shea Butter
- Few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Combine well jojoba oil and peppermint essential oil.
- Using your fingertips massage the oil mix onto your scalp.
- Leave to rest for 12-15 minutes.
- Wash your hair completely using regular water.
Tip: Peppermint oil should always be used mixed with some carrier oil. Jojoba oil keeps your hair hydrated and fresh.
Peppermint oil works great if you want to look beautiful and lovely. It gives you refreshing look on face, healthy skin and shinny hair if you use on regular basis. Many beauty oils are available in the market, but no one looks for peppermint oil. This powerful oil also has some beauty tricks and can definitely assist in your skin care, face care, and hair care routines.
- Coconut Oil Vs Olive Oil For Hair
- Avocado For Face, Skin and Hair – Benefits and DIY Recipes
- Amazing Benefits of Tea Tree oil for Your Skin and Hair
- Surprising Beauty Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
- Surprising Beauty Uses for Baking Soda You Must Know!