In today’s world of stress and pollution, it is important to take care of our skin, face, and hair. Banana plays a major role in preventing and curing the damage caused to our skin, face, and hair by our imbalanced lifestyle. A banana gives more benefits to skin, hair, and face beyond just eating. It is the one easily available and cheapest ingredient that can be included in our regular skincare routine.
Benefits of Banana for Skin
Banana is high in Vitamin C and antioxidant that fade away the dark spots and makes the skin appear a lot more even and youthful. The major benefits of bananas for skin include as follows:
1. Boosts Elasticity
In order to keep your skin smooth, firm, and youthful, a fibrous protein called elastin is needed. Lack of elastin leads to signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. Banana is helpful in boosting the elasticity that is required for your skin.
Banana Peel Remedy
- Banana Peel
- Take the peel of 1 banana.
- Rub gently on the skin or face with the banana peel.
Tip: Its antioxidant property helps to improvise the elasticity of your skin.
[ Recommended: Banana Hair Mask Benefits & Recipes ]
2. Makes Skin Softer
Who doesn’t like soft skin? The abundance of potassium and manganese found in bananas are essential elements for making your skin soft and healthy.
Mashed Banana Pack
- 1 Banana
- Peel off 1 banana and mash it with a fork.
- Apply the mashed banana to the skin or face.
Tip: The essential nutrients in banana helps to keep the skin hydrated and moisturizes the dry skin.
[ Recommended: How to Whiten Your Teeth with Banana Peel ]
3. Soothing Cracked Heels
To make your heels look and feel soft, pamper them with an easy DIY foot scrub and banana foot massage.
DIY Foot Massage
- A tub of warm Lemon Water
- 2 to 3 mashed Bananas
- Soak your feet in warm lemon water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Then massage 2 to 3 mashed bananas onto your feet and heels.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Tip: Vitamin B6, A, and C rich in banana acts as a natural moisturizer and keeps your feet moist and prevents from drying.
[ Recommended: Homemade Banana Face Mask Recipes ]
4. Acts as an Oil Control
Banana acts as a great exfoliator that helps slough off excess sebum and oil on the skin’s surface as well as helps in softening the rough skin.
Banana and Honey Face Mask
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mash the banana and mix 1 tbsp raw honey and ½ tbsp lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to your face and let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
Tip: Lemon contains antioxidants and vitamin C that helps to control oily skin and promotes clear glowing skin.
Benefits of Banana for Face
Banana has numerous essential nutrients and vitamins that add various benefits to skincare resulting in a glowing and beautiful face. Some major benefits of bananas for the face are given below.
1. Glow with Banana
The richness of potassium, vitamin C, and E in bananas promotes glowing skin.
Banana and Raw Milk
- Raw milk
- Make a smooth paste of 1 banana, honey, and raw milk.
- Apply the paste to the face and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
Tip: Honey comprises antibacterial properties which help in fading the spots.
2. Clear Whitening Skin
Banana has the ability to brighten the skin naturally.
Banana and Papaya Face Mask
- ½ Banana
- ¼ Papaya
- ¼ Cucumber
- Make a smooth paste by blending ¼ papaya, ¼ cucumber, and half of the banana.
- Apply the paste to the face and leave to settle for 15 minutes.
- Wash it well with lukewarm water.
Tip: Papaya comprises high levels of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E that aid in diminishing the pigmentation of the skin.
3. Acne-Prone Face
Banana reduces the inflammation and irritation of the skin. Additionally, its antioxidant properties such as zinc and lectin help to remove acne marks and blemishes.
Banana & Turmeric Face Pack
- Half a Banana
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Neem Paste or Powder
- Mash half a banana and add 1 tbsp of neem powder and 1tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply them all over the face.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with water.
Tip: The antibacterial properties of Neem and turmeric are effective in curing acne and fighting pimples.
4. Treats Puffy Eyes
Tired of dark circles? Banana has a good ability in treating puffy eyes and removes under-eye circles.
Banana Peel For Puffy Eyes
- Banana peel
- Place the banana peel over your eyelids and relax for 10-15 mins.
- Then remove the peel and wash your eyes with cool water.
Tip: Applying the banana peel regularly on the eyelid gives a cooling effect to your eyes.
Benefits of Banana for Hair
Banana not only nourishes and soothes the skin, but it also provides various benefits to hair and scalp. In a dusty world, banana protects the hair’s natural elasticity and prevents split ends and breakage. The following are some of the good benefits of bananas for hair.
1. Dandruff-Free Scalp
Regular usage of bananas for hair prevents dandruff and dryness. Additionally, it is a wealth of nutrients and vitamins that treat flaky scalp and nourish your hair.
Banana and Tea Tree Oil
- 1 ripe Banana
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- Mash the ripe banana well.
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together and apply to the scalp covering all the roots of the hair.
- Let it for half an hour and rinse well followed by an anti-dandruff shampoo wash.
Tip: Tea tree oil owns the benefits for its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties which aid in treating dandruff.
2. Prevents Split-Ends
Split-end, and breakage of hair is caused due to the dryness and pollution. Banana helps in soothing the damaged and distressed hair and as well protects from various factors like UV rays, stress, and lifestyle-related damages.
Avocado and Banana Hair Pack
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 ripe Banana
- In a blender add 1 chopped avocado, 2 tbsp yogurt, and 1 chopped ripe banana & blend well.
- Apply the smooth paste over the length of the hair focusing much on the tips.
- Tie your hair up together and cover with a shower cap and leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Then rinse thoroughly with warm water and gently towel dry.
Tips: The protein and lactic acid found in yogurt aid in strengthening the hair and prevents split ends and hair damage as well.
3. Boosts Up Hair Growth
Antioxidants and vitamins rich in bananas work as a defense system and decrease our stress which is a major cause of hair fall. Using banana masks routinely leads to stronger hair follicles and thus resulting in good hair growth.
Banana and Egg Hair Pack
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 Egg
- Mash the banana and add an egg.
- Mix it together until the ingredients are combined well.
- Now apply it to your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- After leaving it to set on for 10 to 15 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water.
Tip: The protein in egg serves well in growing your hair lengthy and thicker.
4. Long-Lasting Shine to Your Hair
Yearning for shiny and glowing hair? The fusion of coconut oil and banana brings forth long-lasting shine and moisture to your hair.
Banana and Coconut Oil
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Mash the ripe banana and add a tbsp of coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture covering the scalp and hair.
- Put on a shower cap and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Then wash off with water properly and shampoo it as usual.
Tip: Coconut oil is infused with the essential healing properties and fatty acids that pierce into the hair shaft and add volume and replenish your hair.
Banana serves as a natural remedy for good inner health. As seen above, the various nutrients and vitamins rich in bananas provide numerous advantages to skin and hair as well.
- How to Strengthen Hair Naturally
- Essential Nutrients For Healthy Hair Growth
- Homemade Hair Masks For Hair Growth & Thickness