Every female desires for long and thick hair as Rapunzel. Nowadays when people face many problems with their hair health. During earlier times people were not much advanced in having proper hair care techniques. Introducing 5 homemade hair masks for longer and thicker hair.
We have heard of many beauty masks but have you tried a mask for a better hair look? This is really important to nourish our hair growth in an organic way. Below are the 5 hair masks which will give good results in growing hair, even longer and thicker.
Homemade Hair Masks For Hair Growth And Thickness
1. Egg Hair Mask
Egg has been known as the best mask to regain damaged and dry hair for centuries. Egg hair masks also help in strengthening hair roots. Egg yolk is rich in sulfur content which is the basic component of hair strand, again helps in longer hair growth.
There is scientific evidence to enrich hair health with egg yolk. Nearly 164 milligrams of sulfur is present per 100 grams of egg yolk . Egg also contains high fat content that helps in enhancing hair softness. Lecithin in eggs is a specific fat which helps as hair moisturizer.(1)
- Take 2 or 3 whole eggs
- Add 3 drops of lemon juice
- Mix well and apply on the scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it with cold water and shampoo it.
[ Recommended Aloe Vera Hair Mask Recipes for Hair Growth ]
2. Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Aloe vera is a natural remedy used since ages. Almost found all over the world, it’s fleshy leaves have gel that helps hair grow longer and thicker. Scientifically it’s proved that Aloe vera is more useful to treat dandruff in hair. It gained more popularity due to its moisturizing properties and nourishing vitamins.
The unique benefit is the anti-inflammatory action that helps to reduce irritation on the scalp. Enzymes and vitamins in aloe vera reduces inflammation and promotes stronger hair grow(2)
- Take 2 tbsp of freshly peeled aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix well and make a paste
- Apply the paste on scalp
- Leave for about 30 minutes and wash hair with normal water.
[ Recommended: Homemade Overnight Hair Masks For Hair Growth ]
3. Flaxseeds and Lemon Juice Hair Mask
Flaxseeds are super rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which will revive one’s hair health in boosting the quality and elasticity of hair. They help in solving the problems of hair breakage, itchiness in the scalp. Flax provides vitamin E to hair which is the key for longer and thicker hair.
Lemon juice helps in hydrating the scalp , maintaining a clean and fresh scalp. Lemon also controls oil secretion and makes hair look luscious. It used to get free from frizzy , dry and dull hair textures.(3)
- Take 1 tbsp Flaxseed powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Then add a few drops of water.
- Mix well to form paste
- Apply on the scalp and massage
- Leave it for 2 to 3 hours then wash it with mild shampoo.
4. Avocado and Banana Hair Mask
Avocados are really loaded with essential vitamins required for healthy hair growth. Vitamins in avocado allows to repair damaged hair as well as to aid frizzy tangled hair. Benefits also include strengthening of hair strands from its base. Most avocados are loved to repair hair rather than being served in a bowl.
Coming to bananas as a hair mask ,they are one of the favorite ingredients of all. A lot of Bananas are rich in natural oils and vitamins that provide a soft texture of hair and also impacts the healthy glow of hair strands.(4)
- Take 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Blend the mixture to form a smooth texture
- Apply the texture to the scalp
- Leave it for 30 mins.
- Rinse with regular shampoo and conditioner.
5. Gooseberry and Coconut oil Hair Mask
Curious to know the last but not the least important hair mask. Yes, you read it right! It’s gooseberry or also known as amla and coconut oil hair mask. To add more value to natural remedies.
Amla and coconut oil have more plus points in making hair grow longer and thicker. More significantly it repairs split ends and increases its hair volume.
This mask promotes circulation in the scalp and enhances faster hair growth. It is rich in vitamin E , Omega 3,9 fatty acids which prevents hair loss and breakage of hair strands.(5)
- Take 2 tbsp of Indian amla/ gooseberry powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of organic coconut oil.
- Mix it well until it gains smoothness.
- Apply on the scalp and massage
- Cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave it for 2 hours.
- Wash with mild shampoo and conditioner.
The best selected 5 hair masks for longer and thicker have been circulated in the above article. Trying any of them will definitely give you surprising results. People would obviously ask the beauty hacks behind your stunning look of longer and thicker hair. The above masks will make the hair look lustrous and shiny than before. Do follow us for more productive information like this.
Best Hair Masks
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Hair Mask for Treated Hair:Davines Nounou Hair Mask||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Hair Mask Dry Hair:Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear Oil||Buy on Amazon|
- Hen egg hair mask-induced food allergy: a case report- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21980802/
- Aloe Vera: A Short Review- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763764/
- Flax and flaxseed oil: an ancient medicine & modern functional food- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4152533/
- Avocado Oil Extract Modulates Auditory Hair Cell Function through the Regulation of Amino Acid Biosynthesis Genes- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6356572/
- Preclinical and Clinical Studies Demonstrate That the Proprietary Herbal Extract DA-5512 Effectively Stimulates Hair Growth and Promotes Hair Health- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5429933/
- Biotin for Hair Growth
- Do Braids Help Your Hair Grow
- Does Damaged Hair Grow Back Healthy?
- 7 Natural Ways to Grow Your Hair Faster
- How to Moisturize Your Hair Naturally?
- Home Remedies for Hair Growth and Thickness
- Which Is Better For Thinning Hair Biotin Or Collagen
- 7 Best Collagens For Healthy Hair Growth
- 7 Best Hair Ties For Thick Hair
- 7 Best Jamaican Black Castor Oils For Hair Growth
- 7 Best Jojoba Oils for Hair Growth
- 7 Best Pomades For Thick Hair