Even though the beauty of thick hair needs no explanation, managing them becomes daunting. Thick hair makes the scalp look dense and hair voluminous. While people with fine hair struggle to make their hair look dense, thick-hair people have no such issue.
However, the struggle to maintain and style thick hair is real. It is when certain hair styling products come in handy. You can find plenty of gels, oils, and moisturizers to manage thick hair, but pomades work the best.
They can help manage thick and coarse hair by soothing the fly aways and ensuring they stay where you want them to be. At the same time, they tame the frizz.
Here, we have curated a list of the 7 best pomade for thick hair that helps manage such hair with no hassle. Check them out!
7 Best Pomades for Thick Hair
1. Best for Men’s Hair: Suavecito Pomade Original Hold
- It features special creamy consistency and doesn’t feel like wax or gel
- Feels great in the hair
- Do not congeal or get greasy or stiff
- It helps get any hairstyle
- Offers stronghold
- Dries to a medium hardness
- Doesn’t get too stiff
- Washes out easily with water
- Doesn’t leave any residue
What We Don’t Like: It may feel slightly heavy on the scalp.
2. Top Grade Ingredients: American Crew Pomade
- Comprises top-quality ingredients
- Strengthens and conditions the hair strands
- Free of synthetic chemicals
- Offers medium hold with a high-shine finish
- Holds thick hair in place
- Effortless and free of synthetic additives
- All-natural ingredients, making it safe for all types of hair
- Designed to help you achieve a slicked-back look
- Used on curly or straight hair and perfect for thick and coarse hair
- The light scent is pleasant and doesn’t feel too overwhelming
What We Don’t Like: According to some users, the smell is not very pleasing and clings throughout the day.
[ Read: 7 Best Hair Products For Slicked Back ]
3. Water-Based Pomade: Imperial Classic Pomade
- Offers industrial-strength hold
- It is water based pomade
- Easy to use and remove
- Offers a semi-shine sheen to the hair
- Doesn’t make hair feel oily or greasy
- Provide a smooth application
- Glides easily on hair and distributes evenly
- Perfect for all types of hair styling needs
- Offers extremely strong hold when used on dry hair
- Stays lightly firm when applied on damp hair
What We Don’t Like: It may feel slightly heavy.
4. Best for Super Hold: Layrite Deluxe Original Pomade
- Perfect for hairstyles that need stronghold
- Suits all hair types
- It features a less intensive formula
- It spreads a light, pleasant scent of clean vanilla
- Holds your hair firmly without drying it stiffly
- Does not flake the hair
- Wash out as easily as a gel
What We Don’t Like: It may leave a residue when not washed thoroughly.
[ Read: How to Get Thick Hair Naturally at Home ]
5. Ultra Strong Finish: REUZEL Hair Pomade
- Features water base for a soft and smooth texture
- Hair looks natural
- Lightly scented with the sweet fragrance of bubbly cola
- Offers ultra strong finish to hold hair
- Ensures high-shine finish
- It makes hair look glossy without appearing greasy or oily
- Works best when styled into dry hair
What We Don’t Like: It may make oily hair slightly greasy.
6. Matte Finish: Baxter of California Clay Pomade
- Extremely strong hold and a matte finish
- Smooths and softens hair
- Holds hair flawlessly and does not add unnatural grease or shine
- Separates defines, and molds hair easily
- Infused with natural ingredients such as beeswax and clay
- Holds hair while conditioning and strengthening it
- Perfect for textured hair
What We Don’t Like: It may leave residue on the scalp.
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos for Hair Smoothening ]
7. Water Soluble: Uppercut Deluxe Pomade
- Made with a medium-strong hold
- Tame even the thickest hair and do causing excessive greasiness
- Lightly scented with the fragrance of coconut and vanilla
- It offers a mid-shine finish that looks natural without appearing oily
- Thick gel consistency
- Easy to work with and remove
- It washes out easily due to its water-soluble feature
What We Don’t Like: According to some users, the smell is overpowering.
Using pomade can transform thick and unmanageable hair into something you always desire. It helps style hair the way you like without being messy.
Now that you know some of the best pomades for thick hair, you should start using them and flaunt your new hairstyle every day.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Hair Thickening Products For Men
- 7 Best Hair Ties For Thick Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Thick Hair
- How To Get Pomade Out Of Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Coarse Hair
- 20 Inspiring Medium Length Haircuts for Thick Hair
- 7 Pure Virgin Avocado Hair Oils For Solid And Thick Hair
- 18 Awesome Pixie Haircut For Thick Hair
- 16 Effective Home Remedies for Hair Growth and Thickness
- 5 Best Homemade Hair Masks For Hair Growth And Thickness
- 7 Best Product For Sleek Ponytail On Natural Hair