Having thick hair is nothing less than a blessing. People with fine and limp hair and those dealing with hair loss yearn for thick hair. However, when it comes to managing thick hair, the right hair care products can only help. Using the best shampoo for thick hair is essential to keep it well-nourished and healthy.
Luckily, many shampoos work wonders on thick hair, replenish nutrients, and make them frizz-free. At the same time, these shampoos help cleanse the scalp thoroughly and remove the buildup completely from the scalp. Also, it reduces stubborn dirt and grime.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Gentle Hair Care Formula:Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Works Best for Oily Hair:Maple Holistics Degrease Moisture Control Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Color-treated Hair:Pureology Hydrate Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Brittle Hair:KERASTASE Paris Bain Extentioniste Length Strengthening Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Prevent Dry and Brittle Hair:Redken All Soft Mega Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Tames Frizz:Carol’s Daughter Monoi Sulfate-Free Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Keratin Infused:Virtue Recovery Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
Here we have listed the 7 best shampoos for thick hair with their major features and drawbacks. Check them out and find the one for your thick hair.
7 Best Shampoos For Thick Hair
1. Gentle Hair Care Formula: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Shampoo
- It is loaded with the goodness of plant-based fortifying ingredients like aloe extracts and citrus protein.
- It contains essential vitamins like vitamins E, B3, and B6 and fruit and plant-derived extracts to tame the frizz and flyways.
- The ingredients are gentle enough to use every day.
- It is free of paraben, silicon, and other nasty hair ingredients.
What We Don’t Like: The hair may feel greasy.
2. Works Best for Oily Hair: Maple Holistics Degrease Moisture Control Shampoo
- Contains botanical extracts that work on frizzy locks.
- Clarifies the scalp and strands, making them oil-free
- Protects the colored strands and does not strip off the color
- Infused with the peach kernel, rich in antioxidants and vitamins,
- Offers huge protection from environmental stress and pollutants
- It also consists of extracts of rosemary and basil, and cypress oil to improve blood circulation.
What We Don’t Like: It may feel slightly heavy.
3. Best for Color-treated Hair: Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
- Moisturizes the color-treated hair without stripping off the natural oil and color
- The infusion of jojoba, green tea, and sage makes hair well-nourished
- It helps repair, strengthen, and protect hair from breakage
- It makes hair vibrant and soft
- It is free of sulfate
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering smell
4. Best For Brittle Hair: KERASTASE Paris Bain Extentioniste Length Strengthening Shampoo
- Works well on weak, brittle, and fine hair
- Features lightweight formula, perfect for rebuilding the internal structure of each strand
- It contains lipids that help keep your hair shiny and bouncy and prevent breakage
- It helps get rid of impurities, buildup, or excess oil
- Works well with fine, damaged hair and struggles with slow growth
- It enhances the natural hair growth speed and increases hair density
- Reduces hair fall and removes buildup, dirt, and excess oil
What We Don’t Like: It may be mild on thick hair types.
5. Prevent Dry and Brittle Hair: Redken All Soft Mega Shampoo
- Formulated to manage dry and damaged hair
- It consists of a powerful blend of three proteins
- Also infused with a cactus extract that hydrates and adds shine
- The presence of aloe vera keeps strands healthy and shiny
- It contains sacha inchi oil to help retain moisture
- It makes hair soft and manageable
- Adds hydration to dry and coarse hair
- It keeps frizz down to a minimum
What We Don’t Like: It is not Suitable for thin hair. Also, it is not a cruelty-free or sulfate-free product.
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos for Shiny Hair ]
6. Tames Frizz: Carol’s Daughter Monoi Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- It helps manage dry, damaged, and frizzy hair with split ends
- Promotes hair health and makes them soft and smooth
- Coconut-derived keeps strands healthy and moisturized
- The presence of monoi oil and vitamin E prevents hair breakage
- Works well for thick hair with its hydrating and soothing properties
- Also infused with hibiscus extract works that detangle the tresses
- Heal damaged hair by stopping protein loss
What We Don’t Like: It may feel slightly greasy.
7. Keratin Infused: Virtue Recovery Shampoo
- Loaded with Alpha Keratin 60ku that repairs damaged hair
- Strengthens hair making them soft, smooth, and frizz-free
- The infusion of natural ingredients like baobab seed oil helps nourish hair
- Also packed with the goodness of grapefruit extract
- It delivers vitamin C and antioxidants to revitalize the scalp
- It is sulfate-free
What We Don’t Like: It is not suitable for oily hair
So, these are some of the most effective and best shampoos for thick hair that tame the tresses, keeping them healthy and managing major hair issues.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Hair Thickening Products For Men
- 7 Best Blue Shampoos For Brunettes
- 7 Best Men Shampoos for Dry Hair
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos for Men
- 7 Best OGX Shampoos For Curly Hair
- 7 Best Pomades For Thick Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Coarse Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Black Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Hair Loss Men
- 7 Best Shampoos For Keratin Treated Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Long Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Folliculitis
- 7 Best Shampoos For The Great Pyrenees
- 7 Best Shampoos For Postpartum Hair Loss