Long tresses require special care and attention. Even though they look luxurious and attractive, maintaining them is tricky. In the lack of proper care, long hair may lose its shine and luster, and the hair issues like hair fall and split end become common.
Therefore, using the best shampoo for long hair is essential. Since we use shampoos twice or twice a week, ensuring it is of good quality is vital. Once you know your hair type and its requirements, finding the best shampoo for long hair becomes easy.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best For Dry Hair:BIOLAGE Hydrasource Shampoo For Dry Hair||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Sulfate-Free:Marc Anthony Grow Long Super-Fast Strength Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Long-Lasting:Redken 5th Avenue NYC Extreme Length Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Brittle Hair:KERASTASE Paris Bain Extentioniste Length Strengthening Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Damaged Hair:MATRIX Total Results So Long Damage Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Fine Hair:Dove Hair Therapy Breakage Remedy Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Coarse Hair:L’Oreal Paris Elvive Dream Lengths Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
Besides keeping the long mane clean and healthy, a good shampoo will also deal with hair fall, breakage, and tangles. If you are not able to find the best shampoo to tame long hair, fret not, as we have curated a list with the 7 best shampoos for you.
With the right ingredients, these shampoos keep your scalp and hair clean, promote hair growth, and prevent hair damage. Check them out!
7 Best Shampoos For Long Hair
1. Best For Dry Hair: BIOLAGE Hydrasource Shampoo For Dry Hair
- Hydrating formula, filled with the goodness of aloe vera, citric acid, and salicylic acid
- Cleanses the scalp and nourishes the hair strands
- Makes hair soft and manageable
- Enhances the hair’s natural texture by keeping it soft and bounce
- Suitable for long and thick hair
- Prevents your hair from getting greasy
- Free of silicones and suitable for color-treated hair
What We Don’t Like: It has a watery consistency.
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos For Menopausal Dry Hair ]
2. Best Sulfate-Free: Marc Anthony Grow Long Super-Fast Strength Shampoo
- Best for curly and frizzy hair
- It is a sulfate-free formula that contains caffeine and ginseng
- Make hair velvety soft, and smooth
- Contains vitamin E and argan oil that helps nourish dry ends and prevents any splits
- Promotes healthy and faster hair growth
- Features a refreshing fragrance
- Make the hair feel amazingly soft after every wash
What We Don’t Like: It may not be suitable for people with dandruff.
3. Best Long-Lasting: Redken 5th Avenue NYC Extreme Length Shampoo
- One of the best shampoos for long hair growth
- The biotin-infused formula works great on any hair type
- Makes hair follicles four times stronger and keeps them hydrated
- Does not leave the scalp and strands feeling itchy or brittle
- It is sulfate-free, therefore, suitable for those with sensitive scalp conditions
- Works great for hair prone to split ends or tangles
What We Don’t Like: It may not help fine hair.
[ Read: The 14 Best Shampoos for Fine Hair ]
4. Best For Brittle Hair: KERASTASE Paris Bain Extentioniste Length Strengthening Shampoo
- Works well on weak, brittle, and fine hair
- Features lightweight formula, perfect for rebuilding the internal structure of each strand
- Contains lipids that help keep your hair shiny and bouncy and prevent breakage
- Helps get rid of impurities, buildup, or excess oil
- Works well with fine, damaged hair and struggles with slow growth
- Enhances the natural hair growth speed and increases hair density
- Reduces hair fall and removes buildup, dirt, and excess oil
What We Don’t Like: It may be mild on thick hair types.
5. Best For Damaged Hair: MATRIX Total Results So Long Damage Shampoo
- It goes deep within the hair shafts and repairs any damage
- Reduces frizz, breakage, and dryness
- Helps make hair stronger and longer
- Best for over-processed and damaged hair
- Leaves hair feeling soft and detangled
- Works well for color-treated hair too
What We Don’t Like: It contains sulfates.
6. Best For Fine Hair: Dove Hair Therapy Breakage Remedy Shampoo
- The moisturizing formula works to repair, hydrate, and deeply nourish each strand
- Makes hair healthy and protects it from future damage
- Also, it contains nutrient-lock serum, which repairs and protects the hair deeply at a cellular level
- Good for lightly textured or fine hair
- Keep hair tangle-free and works on breakage issue
What We Don’t Like: It may leave a slimy residue on the scalp.
7. Best For Coarse Hair: L’Oreal Paris Elvive Dream Lengths Shampoo
- The creamy formula contains nourishing and organic ingredients
- Infused with refined castor oil, vitamins B3 and B5, and amino acids
- Also, it contains fruity notes of pomegranate, and caramel orchid, along with milk sorbet
- It helps strengthen and soften the hair
- Visibly strengthens hair and prevents future damage
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering fragrance.
So, these are the 7 best shampoos for long hair that will upkeep your hair health and prevent multiple hair issues at bay. Start using them and flaunt your luscious locs.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 The Best Drugstore Shampoos For Curly Hair
- 7 Best Men Shampoos for Dry Hair
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos for Men
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos For Oily Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Coarse Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Shiny Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Folliculitis
- 12 Best Hairstyles For Tomboys With Long Hair
- 7 Best Collagens For Healthy Hair Growth
- 18 Stunning Long Hairstyles for Round Faces
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Black Hair Growth
- 7 Best Shampoos For PCOS Hair Loss
- 7 Best Shampoos For Thick Hair
- 16 Effective Home Remedies for Hair Growth and Thickness