Hair loss in PCOS is a common complication. Therefore, using the best shampoos for PCOS hair loss can give effective results. The hormonal balance in PCOS can take a toll on your normal life, leave alone hair loss.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Overall:pura d’or Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Biotin Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Anti-Dandruff Formula:Honeydew Biotin Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Emollient Formula:Ultrax Labs Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Thinning Hair:Plantur 39 Phyto Caffeine Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Sensitive Scalp:SEEN Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Prevent Hair Fall:Nioxin System 4||Buy on Amazon|
|Rebalance Scalp:ACURE Buildup Balancing Hemp & ACV Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
PCOS Hair Loss
Fortunately, we have certain shampoos that can manage severe hair fall due to PCOS and also help with androgenic alopecia. If you are dealing with such an issue and looking for the best shampoo for PCOS hair loss, check the list below and find your pick.
7 Best Shampoos For Pcos Hair Loss
1. Best Overall: pura d’or Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Biotin Shampoo
- Infused with biotin and DHT herbal ingredients
- It reduces hair thinning and protect the damaged locks
- Improves keratin structure and supports healthy hair growth
- Helps in the treatment of androgenic alopecia
- Infused with nettle extract, pumpkin seed, and black cumin seed oil
- Also, it consists of saw palmetto, He Shou Wu, red Korean seaweed
- Enriched with natural oils such as argan oil, tea tree oil, niacin, and vitamin E
- It is paraben-free and suits both men and women
What We Don’t Like: It may feel heavy on hair
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos For Hair Loss Men ]
2. Best Anti-Dandruff Formula: Honeydew Biotin Shampoo
- It is fortifying shampoos that strengthens hair follicles
- Infused with DHT-blocking ingredients and contains provitamin B5
- It also contains eleven nutrient-rich botanical extracts.
- The presence of natural oils like coconut oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, evening primrose oil, and argan oil makes it appealing.
- Boosts hair hydration and delivers nutrition to each strand
- Hydrates hair from the roots and protects against dryness
- It contains high levels of omega-6 fatty acids that stimulate hair growth
- It is a sulfate-free formula that cleanses hair and scalp.
What We Don’t Like: The smell is unpleasing.
3. Best Emollient Formula: Ultrax Labs Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
- It helps stimulate hair growth and nourishes hair follicles deep from within
- Infused with DHT-blockers, including caffeine, ketoconazole, saw palmetto, niacin, peppermint oil, mango butter, and lauric acid.
- It also features a highly effective CaffinoPlex blend.
- Stimulates the life cycle of hair follicles and encourages hair growth
- Boost hair health with its anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevents dandruff and stimulates hair growth
- The powerful emollient blend of mango butter keeps each hair strand hydrated and protects hair from dryness.
What We Don’t Like: It is a pricey shampoo with an unpleasing smell. Also, it doesn’t lather well.
4. Best for Thinning Hair: Plantur 39 Phyto Caffeine Shampoo
- It is one of the best coffee shampoos for thinning hair
- Includes a scalp tonic that can be used in between shampooing
- Caffeine complex, niacin, zinc, and castor oil are the active ingredients
- It helps growth and cleansing and contains a potent hair-stimulating conditioner
- It makes hair easy to comb
- Free of sulfates and parabens
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering smell.
5. Best for Sensitive Scalp: SEEN Shampoo
- Suitable for sensitive scalp
- Prevents dryness, eczema, and even breakouts on the scalp
- The active ingredient is hemisqualane which promotes hair health
- Protects and smooths hair without creating buildup or clogging the pores
- Safe for color-treated and keratin-treated hair
- Other active ingredients are Bisabolol and Vitamin E
- Suitable for fine and coarse hair and prevent hair loss
What We Don’t Like: You need a thorough wash to remove all the residues from the scalp.
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos for Coarse Hair ]
6. Prevent Hair Fall: Nioxin System 4
- Offers thicker-looking hair after two weeks of regular use
- The key ingredients are Green tea, folic acid, and biotin which promote hair health
- It prevents existing thinning hairs from falling out
- Also, it improves existing hair thickness
- It is clinically proven to reduce hair fall by up to 91%
- Boosts hair thickness and protects against breakage
- It is dermatologist tested and approved
What We Don’t Like: It contains sulfates, parabens, and sodium
7. Rebalance Scalp: ACURE Buildup Balancing Hemp & ACV Shampoo
- It is an amazing clarifying shampoo with apple cider vinegar
- It cuts through oil and buildup and rebalances the scalp to prevent hair fall
- It also consists of hemp seed oil that adds to its moisturizing benefits
- Promote hair growth and thickness
- Infused with botanical extracts like blackberry fruit, aloe leaf juice, and chamomile flower
- Lightweight formula that deeply nourishes the strands
What We Don’t Like: It has a synthetic fragrance.
So, these are the most effective shampoos for PCOS hair loss that can control the hair loss issue to a great extent. Start using them and see the difference!
You Might Also Like:
- The 10 Best Shower Filters for Hair Loss
- 7 Best Derma Rollers For Hair Loss
- 7 Best Shampoos for Sisterlocks
- 7 Best Sulfate-free Shampoos For Curly Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Long Hair
- How I Reversed My Pcos Hair Loss
- Essential Oils for Hair Loss: Benefits and How to Use
- 7 Best Shampoos For Permed Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Keratin Treated Hair
- Does Head and Shoulders Cause Hair Loss?
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Loss: Benefits and How to Use?
- Top 5 Reasons and How to Treat Hair Loss at Early 20’s
- 7 Best Shampoos For Postpartum Hair Loss
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Chemo Hair