Loosing hair while undergoing chemotherapy is not uncommon. Hair loss happens due to powerful medications that attack rapidly growing cancer cells. Unfortunately, these drugs also attack other rapidly growing cells in your body, including those in your hair roots.
Even though chemotherapy may cause hair loss all over your body, not just on your scalp, the latter is affected the most. Therefore, the best shampoo and conditioner for chemo hair should strengthen the hair, make it appear fuller, and add moisture.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best for a caffeine shampoo:Davines Energizing Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for curly hair:Mielle Organics Babassu Conditioning Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for itchy scalp:Alikay Naturals Essential 17 Growth Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Best leave-in lotion for dry hair:Oyin Handmade Hair Dew||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for a no-added-fragrance shampoo:Jupiter Balancing Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for wig cleaning:TPH By Taraji Master Cleanse||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for a daily conditioner:Acure Daily Workout Blood Orange and Watermelon Conditioner||Buy on Amazon|
Shampoos And Conditioners
While selecting the best products, you should check price, suitability, and design. If the shampoo and conditioners are designed to make the strong hair right from the follicles and reduce the likelihood of it breaking, grab it.
Check out the best hair cleansing products for chemo hair and prevent hair fall.
7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Chemo Hair
1. Best for a caffeine shampoo: Davines Energizing Shampoo
- It is best for dry, thinning, and breakage-prone hair
- One of the major ingredients is caffeine
- Helps increase circulation and improve hair elasticity
- Stimulates hair follicle growth
- Also, it contains peppermint oil, eucalyptus leaf oil, and citric acid
- Free of parabens or sulfates
What We Don’t Like: It has fragrance.
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos For Hair Loss Men ]
2. Best for curly hair: Mielle Organics Babassu Conditioning Shampoo
- It is one of the best shampoo for dry and curly hair
- It helps strengthen and soften the hair
- It is sulfate-free and devoid of other harmful chemicals
- Best for natural hair types 3A to 4C.
- Infused with babassu oil, almond protein, and hibiscus extract
- It helps soften and strengthen the hair
What We Don’t Like: It has fragrance. Also, it may feel too heavy on straight hair.
3. Best for itchy scalp: Alikay Naturals Essential 17 Growth Oil
- Suitable for itchy scalp
- Free of added fragrance and other harmful ingredients
- Help reduce itching and stimulate hair growth
- Infused with tea tree oil, rosemary oil, and horsetail powder
- Strengthens the hair follicles to help stimulate hair growth
- Reduces their dandruff and scalp irritation
What We Don’t Like: It may irritate the scalp from the essential oils
4. Best leave-in lotion for dry hair: Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
- It is a leave-in lotion that conditions the hair
- Adds moisture to the “kinks, coils, and curls” to prevent dryness and breakage
- It is lightweight
- Does not weigh the hair down
- Infused with ingredients like castor oil, coconut oil, and olive squalane
What We Don’t Like: It has added fragrance. Also, it is not suitable for fine and straight hair.
5. Best for a no-added-fragrance shampoo: Jupiter Balancing Shampoo
- It is suitable for all hair types, including an itchy and dry scalp
- The major ingredients are zinc pyrithione, coconut oil, squalene, and sugar kelp extract
- Removes skin flakes and buildup while calming and moisturizing with essential oils
- It helps reduce itchiness and dry scalp with antifungal properties
What We Don’t Like: Not suitable for those with an allergy to coconut
6. Best for wig cleaning: TPH By Taraji Master Cleanse
- It is suitable for dry and curly hair
- It can be used on wigs and natural hair
- Help reduce dandruff and ease itching
- It consists of witch hazel, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
- Repair hair damage and replenish moisture loss
What We Don’t Like: Too watery consistency and dries out the hair.
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos For Synthetic Wigs ]
7. Best for a daily conditioner: Acure Daily Workout Blood Orange and Watermelon Conditioner
- It is suitable for dry hair and daily use
- The major ingredients are watermelon seed, argan oil, and arginine
- Free from parabens, mineral oil, animal products, sulfates, and petroleum
- It is the best for sensitive scalps
- It is effective and comes at an affordable price
What We Don’t Like: It may not moisturize the hair enough
These are the best and most effective shampoos and conditioners for chemo hair that will make hair stronger and prevent hair fall effectively. These shampoos and conditioners also address multiple hair issues and ensure long and healthy hair.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Shampoos For PCOS Hair Loss
- 7 Best Blue Shampoos For Brunettes
- 7 Best Leave-In Conditioners For 4C Hair
- 7 Best Leave In Conditioners For Relaxed Hair
- 7 Best Deep Conditioners For Relaxed Hair
- 7 Best Drugstore Conditioners For Curly Hair
- 7 The Best Drugstore Shampoos For Curly Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Black Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For The Great Pyrenees
- 7 Best Shampoos for Sisterlocks
- 7 Best Shampoos For Permed Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Black Hair Growth
- 7 Best Shampoos For Postpartum Hair Loss
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Straightened Hair