Chemically processed hair requires TLC. If you have recently straightened your hair, it’s time to shift from normal shampoos and conditioners to those made specifically for chemically straightened hair.
Experiencing dryness and damaged hair is not uncommon, and this problem doubles when you have chemically treated the hair. Therefore, to preserve the effects of straightened hair without compromising hair health, you need to use the best hair care products.
Since shampooing not only removes the dust, debris, and grime from hair but also strips off moisture from the strands, you should not use any normal shampoo and conditioner for straightened hair.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Maintain Bond:Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Repair and Replenish:Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Hair Strengthening:Sebastian Professional Penetraitt Strengthening and Repair Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Intense Hydration:OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Hydrating Hair Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Extra Smoothness and Shine:Matrix Opti Smooth Straight Professional Ultra Smoothing Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Deep Nourishing:Wella Professional Invigo Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|High Smoothness:Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Keratin Smooth Perfect Micellar Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
Shampoos And Conditioners
If you are not able to find the right shampooing and conditioning products, fret not, as we have curated a detailed list of the 7 best shampoos and conditioners for straightened hair. All these products are of high quality and give great results without making hair dry or brittle. In fact, they are made to make strands ultra-hydrated and nourished.
Check them out!
7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Straightened Hair
1. Maintain Bond: Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
- It is a sulfate-free bond maintenance shampoo
- highly moisturizing and reparative formula
- Formulated with an innovative ingredient and patented Olaplex Bond Builder Chemistry
- It help protects, restore, strengthen, and nourish the hair bonds
- Best to use after rebonding
- Highly moisturizing and eliminates frizz & flyaways
- It is Gluten-Free, Paraben Free, Phthalate Free, Nut Free, and Color Safe
What We Don’t Like: It is pricey.
2. Repair and Replenish: Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo
- Best for color-treated hair and smoothened hair
- Works well for weakened and damaged hair by chemical processing or heat styling
- Gives hair a bouncy and healthier look and increases elasticity and manageability.
- Enriched with Keratin Protein, Fatty Acids, and Argan Oil to strengthen broken strands
- Free of Sulphate, Paraben, Phosphate, Formaldehyde, and other harmful chemicals
What We Don’t Like: It is not for oily scalp.
3. Hair Strengthening: Sebastian Professional Penetraitt Strengthening and Repair Shampoo
- Deeply repairs hair for a super strong and silky soft style
- formulated with an active rescue system to repair stress due to chemicals and heat
- Cleanses and strengthens damaged hair
- Deeply penetrates to repair and reduce breakage
- Enhances radiance and richness of chemically treated hair
What We Don’t Like: It has an overpowering smell.
4. Intense Hydration: OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Hydrating Hair Shampoo
- Infused with argan oil to maintain the straightened hair
- Also contains Silk Proteins to moisturize and soften hair
- Renews, restores, and strengthens hair for silky soft, and shiny perfection
- Free of paraben and sulfate
- Improves hair strength and elasticity of the hair.
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t lather.
5. Extra Smoothness and Shine: Matrix Opti Smooth Straight Professional Ultra Smoothing Shampoo
- It restores, controls, tames the locks and smoothens the uncontrollable frizz
- Gently cleanses while maintaining the moisture content of the hair
- Repairs the damage caused by the chemical treatment
- Infused with Silk Amino Acids and Shea Butter
- Features refreshing mild citrus fragrance
- Improves the texture of the hair and leaves it deeply moisturized
- Tames frizz and makes hair silky soft, and smooth.
- Free of paraben and comes at an affordable price
What We Don’t Like: It contains SLS.
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos for Shiny Hair ]
6. Deep Nourishing: Wella Professional Invigo Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Shampoo
- Creates high-performance hair care treatments for all needs
- Deeply nourishing and moisturizing shampoo for chemically treated hair
- Restores optimum hydration and prevents further damage to the dry and stressed hair
- Nutri-Enrich Complex smoothens and softens hair
- Also infused with Vitamin and Mineral Rich Goji Berry, Silk Extract, and Vitamin E
- The presence of Peptides, Panthenol, and Oleic Acid makes it appealing
- Smells good with an elegant chypre mix of fruity & musky notes
What We Don’t Like: It contains SLS.
7. High Smoothness: Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Keratin Smooth Perfect Micellar Shampoo
- Instantly controls frizz and makes hair more manageable
- Hair gets smoother, shinier, and easy to handle
- Enriched with Keratin Smooth Technology and Apricot Kernel Oil to ensure long-lasting smoothness
- Gentles cleanses while providing intensive moisture to the hair
- Suitable for thick, coarse, wavy, curly, unmanageable, and frizzy hair
What We Don’t Like: It is pricey and contains SLES.
[ Read: 7 Best Deep Conditioners For Curly Hair ]
These are some of the most effective and the best shampoo and conditioners for straightened hair. With their hair-nourishing properties and without disturbing the effectiveness of straightened hair, these are the best to upkeep hair health.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Deep Conditioners For Relaxed Hair
- 7 Best Leave In Conditioners For Bleached Hair
- 7 Best Leave In Conditioners For Relaxed Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Keratin Treated Hair
- 7 Best Edge Controls For Straightened Natural Hair
- 7 Best Curling Mousses For Straight Hair
- 7 Best Curl Activators For Straight Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Black Hair Growth
- Can You Use Curly Shampoo On Straight Hair?
- 5 Best Flat Iron For Hair Straightener
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Chemo Hair
- 5 Best Homemade Hair Masks To Straighten Hair Naturally