Mousse is a one-stop solution to bring different styles to the hair. It is why mousse is also referred to as styling foam that styles hair and protects it from damage. At the same time, mousse helps give a good hold to the strands and works wonders on curls and waves.
If you have straight hair and trying to get curls in them, a curling iron will help. However, you need the best curling mousse for straight hair to maintain the new curly style and increase the hold.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Lightweight Feel:SheaMoisture Curl Mousse for Frizz Control Coconut and Hibiscus with Shea Butter||Buy on Amazon|
|Effective and Affordable:Dove Style + Care Curls Defining Mousse||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Overall:Joico Firm Hold Design Foam||Buy on Amazon|
|Most Affordable:John Frieda Volume Lift Air Whipped Foam||Buy on Amazon|
|Volumizing Mousse:TGIN Rose Water Curl Defining Mousse||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Color-treated Hair:Leonor Greyl Au Lotus Volumizing Mousse||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for All Hair Types:Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse||Buy on Amazon|
Using one right product can help give long-lasting results. Therefore, we have hand-picked some of the best curling mousse you are always looking for. Check them out and buy the one that meets your needs to give you gorgeous curls on the go.
[ Read: 7 Best Curling Irons For Fine Hair ]
7 Best Curling Mousses For Straight Hair
1. Lightweight Feel: SheaMoisture Curl Mousse for Frizz Control Coconut and Hibiscus with Shea Butter
- Infused with a blend of coconut, hibiscus, and shea butter- everything that helps bring health, shine, and volume to hair
- Delivers proteins and keratin to hair for enhancing and defining curls in straight hair
- It is lightweight and ensures a soft finish to the textured hair
- Its natural scent of it ensures it is free of artificial fragrances
- Suitable for Curly, wavy, coils, and thick hair
What We Don’t Like: It contains alcohol which is not considered good for hair health.
[ Read: How to Get Shiny Hair Naturally at Home ]
2. Effective and Affordable: Dove Style + Care Curls Defining Mousse
- It adds lift and volume to the hair, ensuring the curls stay enhanced for long
- Consists of dimethicone that helps smooth and shape curls and give them a well-defined look
- The lightweight texture ensures it won’t feel tacky, heavy, or stiff on hair
- The key ingredients are Dimethicone, DMDM hydantoin
What We Don’t Like: The presence of hydrofluorocarbons makes it less compelling than others.
[ Read: Best Mousse For Curly Hair ]
3. Best Overall: Joico Firm Hold Design Foam
- It is one of the most effective and useful curling mousses for straight hair that suits almost all hair types
- It delivers great hold, beauty, and shine to the curls, ensuring they stay for hours
- The formula is alcohol-free and enriched with kukui nut oil that nourishes and smoothens hair strands
- Polymers coat each strand to build volume
What We Don’t Like: It is not overly thickening.
4. Most Affordable: John Frieda Volume Lift Air Whipped Foam
- It works best for fine hair and comes at a budget-friendly price
- Its lightweight feel makes it easy to use on hair, as it doesn’t weigh the curls down
- The presence of polymer helps create volume and fullness in the hair
- It also consists of caffeine to help invigorate the scalp and panthenol (vitamin B5) that hydrates and soothes
What We Don’t Like: according to users, it doesn’t work well on thicker hair.
[ Read: How to Get Thick Hair Naturally at Home? ]
5. Volumizing Mousse: TGIN Rose Water Curl Defining Mousse
- It is packed with rose water and botanical extracts- everything that helps make hair smooth and healthy
- Consists of lavender, ginger, acai, and marula that gives natural volume and bounce to the curls
- Moisture-rich rose water adds to the nourishment and hydration of the curls
- It has a pleasant floral scent and is free of alcohol
- The presence of polymer technology helps shape and define curls and waves
What We Don’t Like: The scent may trigger sensitivity in some people as it may seem overpowering.
6. Best for Color-treated Hair: Leonor Greyl Au Lotus Volumizing Mousse
- This mousse is airy and lightweight and works wonders on thin, mature, dry, and frizzy hair
- Packed with castor seed and jojoba oils that reconditions hair, giving them more volume, softness, and bounce
- It is free of alcohol and other nasty ingredients that can compromise hair health
- It suits color-treated hair as well.
What We Don’t Like: This product is pricey compared to others.
7. Best for All Hair Types: Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse
- It coats each hair fiber, leaving it shiny, full, and easy to manage
- The hair gets a beautiful bounce and looks stunning
- The texture is soft and velvety and is excellent for building structure within the hair
- Gives excellent hold and a long-lasting finish
What We Don’t Like: It is expensive.
These are the most effective and the best curling mousse for straight hair. Now you can also flaunt your stunning curls without fearing them getting straight again. These mousses will give a good hold to your curls and make them long-lasting.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Curl Defining Products For 4C Hair
- 13 Best Flat Iron Straight Hairstyles For Black Hair
- 7 Best Curl Activators For Straight Hair
- Can You Use Curly Shampoo On Straight Hair?
- 31 Cool Hairstyles for Straight Hair Ideas
- Best Flat Iron For Hair Straightener
- 7 Best Mousse For Crochet Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Straightened Hair