Looking for the best shampoo for permed hair? If you have permed your hair recently and want to make them look healthy and bouncy for a long, you need to shift from normal shampoos to those made specifically for permed, curly, wavy, loose, or bushy hair.
Since these hair types are prone to breakage and dryness, using high-quality shampoos will ensure the strands stay nourished and hydrated. At the same time, such shampoos help maintain the perm for longer with lasting shine and volume.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Overall:Aussie Total Miracle Collection 7n1 Shampoo and Conditioner Set||Buy on Amazon|
|Comforts Dry Hair and Scalp:OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Plant-based Extracts:Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Hair Conditioner||Buy on Amazon|
|Tames the Frizz:OGX Frizz-Free + Keratin Smoothing Oil Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Frizz-free Curls:Aunt Jackies Flaxseed Recipes Purify Me – Best Cleansing Conditioner||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Curls and Coils:Curly Hair Products by Carol’s Daughter||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Damaged Hair:Aveda Restructuring Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
Here, we have carefully selected and listed the 7 best shampoos for permed hair that will help manage the curls, twists, and turns effectively. All these shampoos are tried and tested on different curls, and each of them proves true to their name. Also, they help tame the frizz and flyaways. Check them out and find the one that suits your hair type and needs.
7 Best Shampoos For Permed Hair
1. Best Overall: Aussie Total Miracle Collection 7n1 Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- It contains the goodness of multiple hair-loving ingredients
- Thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp and prevents hair damage
- Works on split ends as well and curb dryness
- Infused with natural oil, Australian macadamia oil and apricot that make hair soft and smooth
- Features ultra-hydrating and nourishing properties
- Adds shine to the hair and maintains frizz
What We Don’t Like: It is not suited best for oily hair.
2. Comforts Dry Hair and Scalp: OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo
- It contains coconut milk and egg white proteins
- Also infused with other hair-loving botanical extracts
- Stays gentle on the scalp and combats dry and itchy scalp
- Moisturizes the strands and replenishes the lost moisture
- Leave permed hair feeling and looking shiny and healthy
- Does not strip off the oils
- Improves hair elasticity and hydration
- Features the tropical scent of coconut
What We Don’t Like: Many users find the smell of coconut overwhelming.
3. Plant-based Extracts: Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Hair Conditioner
- Cleanses the curls without stripping the moisture off
- Also cleanses the scalp without adding weight
- The concentrated formula gives long-lasting results and maintain perms
- The active ingredients are the extracts of Peppermint Leaf, Yucca Leaf, Melissa Leaf Extract, Chamomile Flower Extract, and Nettle leaf Extract
What We Don’t Like: It comes with an expensive price tag
[ Read: 7 Best Products For Permed Hair ]
4. Tames the Frizz: OGX Frizz-Free + Keratin Smoothing Oil Shampoo
- It is formulated with hydrolyzed keratin and argan oil that tames frizz effectively
- Addresses multiple issues and improves hair strength, flexibility, and shine
- Protects hair against humidity and other environmental stress
- Mild fragrance of a blend of tropical orange, island pineapple, and golden amber
- Leaves hair shiny and easily manageable
- It has a pleasing fragrance
What We Don’t Like: It may make hair feel slightly heavy.
5. Frizz-free Curls: Aunt Jackies Flaxseed Recipes Purify Me – Best Cleansing Conditioner
- Helps replenish moisture while eliminating dust, buildup, and impurities
- Infused with flaxseed, a great source of omega fatty acids that prevents hair thinning
- Consists of avocado and coconut oils for hair health and nourishment
- Suitable for everyday use
What We Don’t Like: Thick consistency
6. Best for Curls and Coils: Curly Hair Products by Carol’s Daughter
- Eliminates pollutants and deeply moisturizes hair from root to tip
- Prevents frizz completely in permed hair
- Hydrates hair and defines curls without leaving any residue
- The active ingredients are Shea Butter, Vitamin B5, Agave Tequilana Stem Extract
What We Don’t Like: It contains Dimethicone and Amodimethicone, which may not suit certain hair types.
7. Best for Damaged Hair: Aveda Restructuring Shampoo
- Restructures the hair, restoring its health, and shine
- The major ingredients are coconut, quinoa protein and babassu
- Penetrates hair to make them deeply nourished
- Promotes the growth of stronger and more voluminous hair
- Deep clean the hair and the scalp, leaving it lighter, fluffier, and smoother
What We Don’t Like: It is pricey and has a thick consistency.
So, these are the most effective and the best shampoos for permed hair. If you are experiencing dryness, frizz, and flyaways with your newly permed hair, it’s high time you should invest in these shampoos and start using them. With regular use, these shampoos ensure shiny strands and a healthy scalp.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 The Best Drugstore Shampoos For Curly Hair
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos for Men
- 7 Best Professionals Perm For Color-Treated Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Combination Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For PCOS Hair Loss
- 7 Best Shampoos For Mixed Hair
- 7 Best Perm Solution For Fine Hair
- 13 Best Perm Hairstyles For Black Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Chemo Hair
- How To Style Permed Hair In The Morning
- Can You Dye Your Hair With A Perm?
- 15 Hairstyles With Perms For Short Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Synthetic Wigs
- 7 Best Shampoos For Postpartum Hair Loss