You may feel that a bald head is easy to maintain than a scalp full of hair, but it’s the other way around. If you have recently shaven your hair to get the ever-trending bald look, your scalp becomes the main event for the next few days.
According to skincare experts and dermatologists, taking care of a bald head is a lot similar to taking care of your skin. The two major issues with the bald head are dryness and dandruff. Dryness occurs due to lack of sun exposure, while dandruff is an outcome of dryness.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Overall:C3 Head Wash Paraben Free Gentle Shampoo For Bald Head||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Daily Use:Bee Bald Clean Head & Face Daily Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Hair Growth:Brickell Daily Strengthening Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Treats Dry Scalp:Kiehl’s Amino Acid Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Cowash:SoCozy Splash Swim 3 in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner + Wash||Buy on Amazon|
|Deep Nourishing:Wella Professional Invigo Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
It is a misconception that hair is required for dandruff. When the scalp is exposed to direct sunlight, it becomes susceptible to sun damage and drying, which ultimately leads to dandruff. For bald people of color, in particular, either can result in discoloration and “light-colored patches.
Even though it is essential to keep the bald scalp clean and moisturized, using the right product is vital. At the same time, you need to protect the scalp from sun rays. Moreover, using the best shampoo for a bald head is equally important.
So, here we have listed the 7 best shampoos for a bald head. Check them out and find your pick according to your skin type.
7 Best Shampoos For A Bald Head
1. Best Overall: C3 Head Wash Paraben Free Gentle Shampoo For Bald Head
- Features pH-balanced formula that keeps scalp skin protected from bumps, irritation, and redness
- Good for the face, beard, and scalp
- It helps add a dose of moisture to the shaven head
- It is sulfate-free and non-comedogenic
- Also, it is free of phthalates, parabens, fragrance, and BPA
- It doesn’t contain artificial fragrances that can trigger sensitivities
What We Don’t Like: It contains artificial fragrance.
2. Best for Daily Use: Bee Bald Clean Head & Face Daily Cleanser
- Maintains a perfect moisture balance on the scalp
- Prevent scalp from getting dry and flaky
- Features mildly exfoliating formula, perfect for removing blackheads and unclogging hair follicles
- The foam-based formulation is effective at removing excess oil
- It leaves a fresh, tingling sensation
- The major ingredient is honey, delivering antiseptic and antibacterial properties
- Also infused with antioxidant-rich ingredients such as licorice root extracts, bee pollen, and jojoba beads
What We Don’t Like: It contains added perfume that might irritate sensitive scalps. Also, you get less quantity for the given price.
3. Best for Hair Growth: Brickell Daily Strengthening Shampoo
- Keeps hair healthy and boosts hair growth
- It is free of sulfates and contains aloe vera, silk amino acids, tea tree oil, and peppermint
- Features pro-vitamin formula
- Improves blood circulation
- Combats itchy and flaky scalp
- Keeps scalp well moisturized
What We Don’t Like: It is pricey. Also, it may leave behind residue.
4. Best for Psoriasis: Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo
- Effectively manages scalp inflammation, redness, and itching
- The formulation contains 2% coal tar
- Recognized legit by National Psoriasis Foundation for scalp conditions and psoriasis
- Reduce scalps flakiness and keep dryness at bay
What We Don’t Like: It may leave a white residue on the scalp. Also, it has a typical smell of coal tar.
5. Treats Dry Scalp: Kiehl’s Amino Acid Shampoo
- Manages dry and flaky scalp
- Coconut oil-derived cleanser is the chief ingredients
- Features nourishing formulation yet doesn’t clog the pores
- Lathers into a rich, creamy formulation
- It helps get rid of all the gunk without making the skin lose its moisture
- It contains wheat proteins that make hair stronger
- Also infused with wheat starch that adds body and fullness
- Free of SLS and SLES
What We Don’t Like: It is pricey.
6. Best Cowash: SoCozy Splash Swim 3 in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner + Wash
- Formulation is super-mild
- Prevents any irritation of children’s sensitive skin
- Free of harmful chemicals like sulfates, phthalates, parabens, or artificial colors
- The 3-in-1 formulation can be used on the scalp, body, and face
- It contains kiwi extracts that are nourishing for the scalp and body
- Features fruity smell
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t later.
7. Deep Nourishing: Wella Professional Invigo Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Shampoo
- Creates high-performance treatment for the scalp
- Deeply nourishing and moisturizing shampoo
- Restores optimum hydration and prevents dry and flaky scalp
- Features its exclusive Nutri-Enrich Complex
- Also infused with Vitamin and Mineral Rich Goji Berry, Silk Extract, and Vitamin E
- The presence of Peptides, Panthenol, and Oleic Acid makes it appealing
- Smells good with an elegant chypre mix of fruity & musky notes
What We Don’t Like: It contains SLS.
Now that you know some of the best shampoos for a bald head, it’s high time you should shift from your regular shampoos to those made for a bald head. Say goodbye to dry patches and dandruff and maintain a healthy scalp.
You Might Also Like: