Garlic has been long known for its medicinal properties and is used for the treatment of various skin conditions too. This includes corns, keloid scars, psoriasis, and other infections caused by bacteria, fungus, or viruses. Since warts are undesirable appearances on the skin caused by the HPV virus, people usually try to get rid of them using natural methods. Let us see more on how this can be done using garlic.
Why is Garlic an Effective Remedy Against Warts?
Garlic has its microbial effects because of the primary component named Allicin. Enzymes in the harmful pathogens are efficiently removed using this, thus reducing the appearance of warts after using consistently for 3 or 4 weeks.
Method of Using:
- Garlic needs to be crushed and mixed with water for using it on warts.
- You can simply place some crushed garlic on the wart and cover it with a bandage. Repeat this till they start disappearing.
- Application of garlic juice or just a garlic clove is also an available option.
- While using garlic on warts, avoid being too harsh on them as this can lead to cuts and wounds, causing the virus to spread to other parts of the body. So the home remedy must be practiced carefully.
- Also make sure to perform a patch test on the skin before using it, to avoid any redness or irritation.
[ Read: How to Remove Warts Using Castor oil ]
Are There any Side Effects of Using Garlic to Remove Warts?
Garlic should not be used for treating warts in the genital areas as entering the urinary tract can disrupt the bacterial balance, especially in the case of women.
Warts are non-cancerous and various strains of the HPV virus can result in warts in different parts of the body. If you notice that warts do not heal on their own with time, you need to start trying safer home remedies like using garlic rather than opting for other professional therapies. It might take time but consistently applying the technique can help in getting the desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q. How soon are warts removed using garlic?
Ans: This can take 3-4 weeks and even longer. The results vary with individuals and have to be continued till the warts are removed completely.
Q. Does using garlic cause any discomfort?
Ans: Yes, using lipid extract of garlic can cause issues like irritation in the form of redness, burning sensation, blisters, and temporary skin darkening on the applied area.
You Might Also Like
- How To Remove Warts With Baking Soda & Castor Oil
- How to Remove Warts With Tea Tree oil
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Warts
- How to Use Oregano Oil for Warts