One of the most recognized and best known spices that are used commonly is garlic. Garlic is well-known for its medicinal qualities as well as remedy of various health problems. It has been proved to have anti-microbial, anti-septic as well as anti-cancer effects. A clove of garlic every morning on an empty stomach is said to have a number of benefits. Some of them are listed here.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Eating Garlic on an Empty Stomach:
- Garlic as an Anti-cancer Agent:
- Garlic Reduces Cholesterol Levels:
- Garlic Helps Fight Cold and Bronchitis:
- Garlic as a Detoxifying Agent:
- Garlic Helps with Ear Infections
- Garlic Prevents Hair Loss:
- Garlic Helps with Reducing Itchiness Caused by Infections
- Read Also:
- What Happens When You Drink Water with Baking Soda on an Empty Stomach
- How To Purify Your Lungs In 72 Hours?
- What Happens If You Eat Garlic And Honey On An Empty Stomach For 7 Days
- More from my site
Benefits of Eating Garlic on an Empty Stomach:
- Garlic contains compounds such as allicin that have strong antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties.
- It is very effective in curing various ailments such as colds or flu.
- It is great source of vitamins like A, C, B6, B9, E and minerals such as zinc, calcium, phosphorus, potassium.
- Garlic helps fortify the immune system,
- Improve blood circulation.
Garlic as an Anti-cancer Agent:
Garlic contains powerful antioxidants that protect your cells in the body and it prevents cancer. According to the researchers of the National Cancer Institute, consumption of garlic constantly every day decreases the risk of gastric cancer and esophageal cancer. The researchers also noticed that daily intake of 10g per day of any vegetable that belonged to the allium family such as onions, garlic helped to eliminate the occurrence of prostate cancer up to 50%.
Garlic Reduces Cholesterol Levels:
Consumption of garlic is extremely helpful for your heart as it controls blood pressure, purifies the blood vessels and improves blood flow. American Heart Association (AHA) reports that eating garlic on daily basis helps in prevention of cardiovascular diseases. According to the University of Pennsylvania the consumption of garlic every day helps to lower the cholesterol by 7%. This ingredient is rich in a compound that is known as allicin that helps to obstruct the chemical synthesis of cholesterol in the blood not allowing its accumulation in the blood vessels.
Garlic Helps Fight Cold and Bronchitis:
Chopped garlic can be infused with tea and a little bit of honey to help in clearing cold. It also helps to clear the accumulation of mucus and bacteria in the lungs that causes bronchitis.
Garlic as a Detoxifying Agent:
Toxins in the body are not good for health and are responsible for various diseases and also cause ageing of the skin. As per the Chinese medicine, garlic purifies blood. Most of the toxins accumulate in the blood stream. It also helps to cleanse the kidneys and eliminate the diseases such as urinary tract infections.
Garlic Helps with Ear Infections
To treat your ear infection, you need to slice a clove of garlic and then add a teaspoon of olive oil. Wait for an hour until the mixture gets mixed properly; then apply few drops of oil in the affected ear. Repeat this procedure two times throughout the day unless the inflammation vanishes.
Garlic Prevents Hair Loss:
To promote the growth of hair, mince 5 cloves of garlic and mix 50 ml of olive oil. Apply onto your scalp by massaging and wait for an hour. It will help to nurture, prevent hair fall, and moisturize your scalp.
Garlic Helps with Reducing Itchiness Caused by Infections
Take a bowl of warm water and add two cloves of garlic. Just wait for few minutes till the mixture comes to room temperature, before dipping your feet, wait 20 to 30 minutes. Do the same process a few times in every week, see noticeable results. Garlic contains antibacterial properties that treats itching and prevents the growth of fungi.
Taking a clove of garlic every morning has numerous advantages. Although the strong taste may be difficult to handle, continued use of garlic can provide amazing health benefits.