Genital warts are caused by human papilloma virus which is transmitted sexually and causes itches, rashes and discomfort in the genital area. Genital warts in females can appear inside or outside of the vagina or the anus. Sometimes the warts can appear in the cervix. Tea tree oil is one of the most commonly used skin-care products. The tea tree oil can be effectively used to remove genital warts. Let us know how to use tea tree oil for genital warts.
Table of Contents
Does Tea Tree oil Help Genital Warts?
- Tea tree oil is known to have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties making it a therapeutic for curing warts.
- Tea tree oil contains a strong anti-microbial compound called terpinen-4-ol that attacks HPV, the virus causing genital warts.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Genital Warts?
Tea tree oil can be used alone or in combination with various other naturally available products such as aloe vera, table salt, garlic, epsom salt, lavender oil, castor oil etc.
1. Tea Tree oil for Genital Warts:
- tea tree oil
How to do:
- Wash and clean the affected area with water and dry gently.
- Pour a drop of undiluted tea tree oil on the wart and cover it with a bandage.
- Leave the bandage on for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the bandage, wash the area
Repetitions: Repeat the process every night before going to bed.
2. Tea Tree oil and Garlic for Genital Warts:
- 2-4 drops of tea tree oil
How to do:
- Apply 2-4 drops of tea tree oil on the warts.
- Place crushed garlic on top of this.
- Bandage the area and leave it overnight.
Repetitions: Repeat the process every night for 4-6 weeks to achieve complete recovery.
3. Tea Tree oil with Table Salt for Genital Warts:
- 2-3 drops of tea tree oil
- 5 liters of water
- one teaspoon of table salt
How to do:
- Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil in 5 liters of water.
- To this add one teaspoon of table salt.
- Soak the affected area in this liquid for 15 minutes before going to bed.
Repetitions: Repeat every day until warts start to heal.
4. Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil for Genital Warts:
- lavender oil
- 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil
How to apply:
- In a few drops of lavender oil, mix 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply directly on the warts and leave to dry.
Repetitions: Repeat twice every day till the warts heal-up.
Tips and Precautions:
- Tea tree oil is a safe home remedy for treating genital warts. However, care should be taken to not use it during the day and it is advisable to avoid touching the oil with bare hands.
- It is recommended to use tea tree oil at night before going to bed to increase its effectiveness in curing genital warts.
- Ensure the use of clean linen and do not share any cosmetics or toiletries with others when affected by genital warts.
- Do not leave the warts open once you start the treatment with tea tree oil.