A bruise is a skin injury that results in a blue or black discoloration of the skin. Usually there is blood accumulation at the place of injury indicating the intensity of the bruise. While a lot of people opt for over the counter medication for treating bruises, we suggest one to opt for natural remedies. While there are multiple remedies available, witch hazel has been suggestively used by many and has proven beneficial in this regard.
Witch hazel, an ingredient commonly used in ointments is an excellent product to heal bruises. It works best to reduce bruises, and also works on acne and hemorrhoid.
Table of Contents
- Witch Hazel for Bruises: Does it Really Work?
- How To Heal Bruises Faster with Witch Hazel:
- Witch Hazel Gel:
- Witch Hazel Lotion For Irritated Eyes:
- Witch Hazel And Coconut Oil For Acne:
- Witch Hazel For Rashes:
- Tips And Precautions:
- Read Also:
- 13 Wonderful Benefits Of Witch Hazel For Skin, Hair And Health
- How to Get Rid of Cellulite with Castor Oil
- 20 Amazing Benefits and Nutritional Values of Dragon Fruit
- More from my site
Witch Hazel for Bruises: Does it Really Work?
Witch hazel is a plant whose leaf, bark, and twigs are used to make medicines. Witch hazel contains chemicals called tannins and when applied directly to the skin, help reduce swelling, repair broken skin and fight bacteria.
- Various parts of witch hazel such as its leaf extract, water, bark extract, etc., can be used to tighten the skin since they contain astringent.
- There are certain medications such as those which are used to treat problems like teething, itching, stings, insect bites, etc. These medicines sometimes also contain witch hazel as it can aid in preventing bleeding or slowing down the process.
- Witch hazel is a natural astringent, which treats everything from acne to hemorrhoids. Astringent helps in reducing bleeding, fading of bruises, etc., by contracting the body tissues.
How To Heal Bruises Faster with Witch Hazel:
There are multiple ways one could use witch hazel to cure bruises. Below we have mentioned the various methods and how best one can use it to cure bruising.
Witch Hazel Gel:
- Take some witch hazel gel and put it on a cotton ball or piece of cloth.
- Place the cotton ball/cloth on the bruise for couple of minutes.
- Do this 2-3 times in a day.
Witch Hazel Lotion For Irritated Eyes:
- Put some witch hazel lotion on a cotton ball.
- Close your eyelids and place the witch hazel lotion soaked cotton balls on them.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and you will notice a sooting feeling on your eyelids.
- You will observe that the the irritation in your eyes will gradually subside.
Witch Hazel And Coconut Oil For Acne:
- In a small bowl, take equal quantities of witch hazel and coconut oil and mix it thoroughly.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture wherever required.
- Leave it for couple of minutes.
- Pat dry with a cloth.
- For effective results, do this regime several times during a day.
Witch Hazel For Rashes:
Witch hazel toner can be mixed with other essential oils and applied to freshly waxed or shaved skin to avoid rashes and reduce bruises.
Tips And Precautions:
- Though witch hazel is considered safe but it is always recommended to undergo a patch test in your arm or legs before applying it on the affected areas.
- Excessive intake of witch hazel can cause liver problems.
- If one finds any allergic rashes or other itching sensation around the applied area, one should visit the doctor at the earliest.