Most of the population suffers from the fungal yeast infection commonly known as Candida, which occupies its place in the human body generally in the warmers parts like underarms, genital regions, and seldom on the tongue, fingers, and toes. This problem arises due to the weaker immune system, improper hygiene, and restrictive clothing in the body. The fungus forms in the body where the skin folds and rubs against each other because the fungus requires moist, warm, and sweaty conditions for its growth and multiplication.
There are specific medications that result in the expansion of the Candida infection, which is why it is best for the infected to resort to natural and home remedies for its cure. The yeast infection can result in severe health problems which can also cause poisoning of the blood; therefore it is necessary to get it under control as soon as possible. There is not only a single but several remedies for curing Candida infection, the most popular amongst which is Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV.
Table of Contents
- What Does Apple Cider Vinegar do to Candida?
- How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Candida?
- 1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Candida:
- 2. Apple Cider Vinegar Diet for Candida:
- 3. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath for Candida:
- Tips and Precautions:
- Read Also:
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Natural Remedies for Yeast Infections
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Skin Tags
- More from my site
What Does Apple Cider Vinegar do to Candida?
- Apple cider vinegar is an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal product which kills the infecting bacteria.
- Being a natural detoxifier, Apple cider vinegar flushes the toxins out of the body when consumed directly.
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in enzymes and that helps in regulating the presence of yeast infection in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar is a prebiotic substance that feeds beneficial bacteria in the body, ultimately minimizing Candida’s overgrowth.
- ACV restores the pH level of the body via generating an alkalizing environ and thereby, again resulting in the growth of good bacteria.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Candida?
Apple cider vinegar or ACV can be used alone or can be mixed with other ingredients. You can adopt the various methods mentioned below in order to banish yeast infection from your body:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Candida:
- Dip the cotton in Apple cider vinegar and apply on the infected area in case of external Candida infection.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes or longer (until it is not burning).
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry.
Note: If you have a rather sensitive skin then it will be advisable to test it before applying. Invest in low acidic Apple Cider Vinegar may be 5% or less and you will be fine.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of organic ACV in a filtered glass of water.
- Drink it 2 to 3 times a day.
- If it troubles your buds, then opt for capsules or pills of ACV.
Note: Do not add honey or any other sweet ingredient in the drink because yeast infection requires sweetness for growth.
[ Read: How to Use Oregano oil to Kill Candida ]
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Diet for Candida:
Being rich in potassium Apple cider vinegar helps re-establish a strong inner ecosystem proving to be your key to immunity and strength:
- Replace your cooking white vinegar with Apple cider vinegar.
- Add it in soup or in vegetables.
- Include it in all your meals.
Note: If Apple cider vinegar gets to be too much for you to handle then use the ACV once in a meal.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath for Candida:
It will be beneficial for all the areas of the body to be cleansed by Apple cider vinegar:
- Add Apple cider vinegar in your bathing water.
- Rest yourself in the bath-tub for 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips and Precautions:
- Do a patch test first if Apple cider vinegar has to be applied on an externally Candida-infected area.
- Always search for raw and unpasteurized Apple cider vinegar that consists of “The mother”, which is the ingredient that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria, rather than investing in commercially publicized ACV.
- Dilute acetic acid of Apple cider vinegar by squeezing the lemon in the drink if your stomach is unable to cope with the burning sensation.
- Use a straw while drinking Apple cider vinegar as it will prevent the tooth enamel from being damaged.
- Rinse Apple cider vinegar completely from the applied region as it leaves a strong scent.
- Avoid consuming sweet and dairy products like milk, honey, etc as it will lead to maximization of Candida infection.
- Opt for breathable fabrics of clothes so that there is minimum sweating in the closed regions of your body and that will prevent itchiness and irritation.
- Discard the consumption of alcohol altogether.
- Apple cider vinegar stings immensely when applied over exposed wounds and close to the eye, the only way to escape this scenario is to know beforehand the places where the ACV is rather harmful than beneficial.
- Rinse the ACV after 5 minutes if you are a first time user because the skin has to grow accustomed to its use.
- The mixture of Apple cider vinegar has to be 50% diluted in order to apply on the face.
Individual or individuals consuming Apple cider vinegar will feel worse at the beginning of the process but will be fine within a week or two. It is because the healthy bacteria that ACV leads to the growth of kill the yeast infection and as the yeasts die, they release toxic by-product that will make the patient feel fatigue or nauseous. However, the feeling will subside with time.
The worsening of Candida infection is termed as Herxheimer reaction and the patient should not be worried about it because to feel better in the long run, the path of pain and discomfort has to be adopted.
One and the most important thing to keep in mind for opting to consume or apply Apple cider vinegar for curing Candida infection is that the infected will have to take the assistance of ACV for life as Candida infection might return in case its intake is stopped.
It is for the long-term health benefit of Candida-infected person to opt for natural remedies as it will ensure in its complete recovery which will also rebuilt a stronger and resistant immune system. So, if you are one of them then trying Apple cider vinegar will not have an adverse affect on your health.