When skin changes shape rapidly because of rapid growth or weight gain, stretch marks can appear on the skin, in both genders. The common regions where it appears include thighs, waist, lower backs, breasts, arms, buttocks, and hips. Various beauty treatments are available to get rid of them but the natural ones are safer. Let us see one such remedy.
Baking Soda and Lemon for Stretch Marks
- Baking soda- 1tbsp
- Lemon- half
- Cling wrap or kitchen roll
Process of using:
- Mix baking soda and lemon and apply to the stretch marks.
- Cover this with a cling wrap and wait for 20 minutes before rinsing.
- This can be done twice a week.
- Baking soda has exfoliating properties and lemon has beaching characteristics.
- So the dead skin cells are removed and the stretch marks are reduced.
- The redness is reduced and the stretch marks become less visible by the lemon.
Tip: For those with sensitive skin, make sure to do a patch test on the arm for 10 minutes to see if there is any reaction or itchiness.
Stretch marks may reduce with the use of the right treatment but they might not vanish completely. Keeping the skin well-moisturized and drinking enough water during pregnancy can reduce the chances of appearance of stretch marks. It is better to use natural remedies as there are no harmful chemical ingredients in them.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Cream For Itchy Stretch Marks
- How to Use Castor Oil for Stretch Marks
- How to Remove Stretch Marks with Coffee Scrub
- How to Use Coconut oil for Stretch Marks