Legs comes to be the most important area of our body where we need to lose or cut fat layer from. As heavy legs are the most uncomfortable area that can bother our whole physique. Mostly people suffer with the problem of having heavy thighs. Heavy thighs comes with heavy load on knees. Such persons tend to loose their ability to stand soon due to weekend knees. You must always try to have a fitter body always to conclude a healthy and disease free life. Also, heavy thighs results in severe rashes between the legs if you walk or run. Due to heavy thighs you have to leave your favorite pair of denims. So it is high tie to give a kick start to workouts. Make it in a daily routine. It is better if you do all the 10 exercises mentioned below. If not then do at least 6-5 daily which ever you feel comfortable in first then you can increase as your body becomes flexible enough. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
1. Gate Swings:
- This is a great exercise to move tour thighs and making them in to a shape.
- This form it activates your core and stabilizing muscles in addition to targeting those inner thighs.
- Preparation: you will need to stand on your one leg choose any left or right.
- Put your hand behind your head.
- Now bend the opposite knee of the leg that is standing straight.
- Now swing your leg up and across your body.
- This is to be done without putting your opposite foot down on the floor
- Then say if you are using right leg first then sweep your right leg out to the right side.
- Do it at least 10 times back and forth with the right leg
- And the same with left leg also.
2. Side Lunge Sweep:
- This form “Side lunges” is a great workout for toning the inner and outer thigh region.
- Preparation: you need to stand with feet together and put your hands on your hips.
- Take a wide gap in between to your left side then bow down to take a lunge thereby bending your left knee and pushing your hips back of your body.
- Now Push through your left heel and stand back up and crossing your left leg in your front but without touching the floor.
- Now swing your leg back out to the left side and repeat this.
- Do at least 15 reps with your left leg, and the same with right.
3. Sumo Squat Slide In:
- This is an amazing workout to provide you beautiful toned legs for life.
- It is one of the most effective exercise.
- Preparation: you need to Stand with your feet together
- Put your knees and toes turned outside about 45 degrees.
- Not take a wide step out and form a position like a sumo
- And squat downs as low as you can.
- Try to keep your back straight and drop your hips low
- Try to make your arms reach the ground in front of you.
- Now as you stand up, slide your right foot towards your left thereby squeezing your legs together until your heels touch and pull up your arms overhead.
- Then step back out into your squat
- Repeat 20 times.
4. Chair Pose Close:
- Preparation: it is almost similar as side lung.
- Stand on your feet together and placing your hands on your hips.
- Now bow down into a squat (this can be done by bending your knees and pushing your hips out.)
- Now hold on to this squat position on your right leg alone and then extend your left leg out to the side and make it as straight as you can by pointing your foot.
- Then lift up your left leg off the floor and bring it in front of your body thereby squeezing your inner thighs
- Do this until your knees are touching.
- Try to hold for 1 count and then you can lower your left leg back down
- Repeat 10 times with both the legs.
5. Side Shuffle Switch:
This Is a fast moving workout it gets your heart rate up to cut the body fat and this recruits your inner-thigh muscles that will help you to quickly switch directions.
- It is just like a small step of aerobic workout.
- Now just stand with your feet together, arms by your sides.
- Then move to your right by taking three quick steps to the side like right, left, right.
- Now lift your left knee up by swinging your right arm to tour front.
- Then reverse quickly and then shuffle like left, right, left
- Then land by your right knee up and left knee bent and swinging your right arm forward.
- Repeat 20 times as fast as you can.
6. Low Lunge with Isometric Addiction:
- This is an isometric contraction exercise that activates your inner-thigh muscles and targets the same while also engaging the rest of your body also.
- This is more effective that the hip abduction and adduction machines at the gym.
- Preparation: you will have to stand with your feet together and your arms by your sides.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot and then lower down your body into a deep lunge formation.
- Then place both of your hands on the floor place it inside of your right foot not outside.
- Now press your right knee towards the outside of your right shoulder.
- And now squeeze down and hold this contracting position.
- Hold this for 10 counts.
7. Attitude to Side Extension:
- Preparation: you will have to stand on your right leg alone and let your right knee slightly bent and put your hands on hips.
- Now put your left leg into an ‘attitude’ position thereby bending your left knee and lifting your leg up and across your body like a pendulum but not exactly like it and turning your left heel up as you lift.
- Repeat 15 times.
8. Weighted Inner-Thigh Lift:
- Preparation: Lay on your right side and with your right elbow thereby benting below your shoulder and put your left hand clasped behind your head.
- Extend both of your legs forward to your body.
- Now bend your left knee and place it over your right leg this will create weight.
- Then try to lift
9. Kneeling Adduction:
- This one is a big challenge your inner thighs.
- Preparation: get yourself in a horse like position with your knees bent and hands on the foll and facing down.
- Now without lifting your spine posture to change you will have to raise your right leg and bring it under your torso thereby crossing it in front of your left knee.
- Then turn your right knee out to the side and then place right foot on the floor.
- Now squeeze your inner thighs as you lift your right knee up off the floor then maintaining the contraction on the floor with your right foot.
- Then lower it down
- Repeat 15 times total on each leg.
10. Side Plank Lift:
- Preparation: again like sideways first on any side
- then raise yourself up onto your and toes.
- Extend your right leg straight out and point your toes.
- Now bend your knee that is above.
- Shift your weight into your left leg so that your right toe is lightly touching the floor.
- Squeeze your thighs together as you lift your right leg up to meet your left knee.
- Hold for 1 count and then lower.
- That’s one rep.
- Do 15 sets.