Clustering skin cells are called moles. At first, it causes a flesh-colored bump. With time, this changes to a deeper shade of brown or black. This happens because of pigmentation. Usually, moles are not harmful but it might appear unsightly. There are many home remedies that can help you to get rid of moles.
Does Garlic Work to Remove Mole?
Garlic bulbs have enzymes which will help in breaking down the pigments that form moles. It lightens the dark pigmentation rapidly. Also, it is known to reduce the excessive production of melanin.
1. Garlic Paste
- Garlic cloves.
How to Do:
This helps in removing the mole quickly. In order to prepare a garlic paste, you will have to crush garlic cloves and make it into a paste. Apply Vaseline around the mole, so that garlic content doesn’t burn or cause any irritation. Use a Q-tip of applying the garlic paste.
Best Time to Apply: Before bed.
No of Repetitions: Do this every day, till the mole disappears.
[ Read: Apple Cider Vinegar for Mole Removal ]
2. Castor Oil and Garlic
Castor oil is known to get rid of skin abnormalities such as skin tags, moles, and also warts. This doesn’t leave a scar.
- Garlic powder, and
- Castor oil.
How to Do:
- Use a half teaspoon of garlic powder and enough castor oil for making a thick paste.
- Apply it over the mole and leave it overnight or at least for a few hours. Wash it off with water and pat dry.
- To secure the paste use an adhesive bandage. Garlic paste can also be used instead of garlic powder.
Best Time to Apply: Any times of the day.
No of Repetitions: Do this two times in a day.
[ Read: How To Use Castor Oil To Remove Moles ]
3. Garlic Oil
If you use garlic oil, it will help in breaking down the pigmented cells. It is important to be careful when you apply this since it contains a concentrated form of the properties of garlic.
Things Required: Garlic oil
How to Do: Take the help of a Q-tip for applying the oil on the mole. Allow it to sit till it dries up completely.
Best Time to Apply: Any time of the day.
No of Repetitions: Repeat this two to three times a day.
[ Read: Baking Soda for Mole Removal ]
- When you apply the garlic, it might sting a little. However, it is normal. In case the burning sensation is excessively high then you can dilute it using water prior to applying.
- In order to get a more efficacious result, you should pierce the mole prior to applying garlic.
- In case the application of garlic is making your skin dry then you can apply coconut or olive oil after you rinse off the paste.
- You should avoid tanning beds when you have several moles.
- Exposure to the sun is one of the primary reasons to develop moles. Hence, it is better to reduce going out during the day time.
- Even if you do then apply sunscreen lotion. When you go out, cover up the moles using a cloth. Do not file or scratch the mole.
- Some moles might be cancerous. Thus, you should get in touch with a dermatologist to get it checked.
Garlic is a great natural mole removal solution. It is easily available at an affordable price.