The tooth abscess is a painful situation. It occurs due to bacterial growth at the roots through cavities. This means that your enamel is weak and you need to take care of your teeth and gums. The common symptoms of tooth abscess are redness and swelling, of the gums, super sensitivity to hot and cold food and drinks, foul odor from the mouth.
It is important to address this pain in the tooth as it can lead to a larger infection in the gums. It is important to consult your doctor if you are experiencing extreme pain in your tooth. You can however resort to some home remedies that will help you ease your pain. Garlic is a very reliable home remedy that helps to ease the pain in the tooth.
Table of Contents
Is Garlic Good for Abscess Tooth?
Garlic is a very reliable option when it comes to reducing pain in the gums. It has various natural properties that will combat the problem initially, till you show the doctor.
- Garlic is easily able to reduce the swelling caused by infection. It contains a unique composition of sulphur, nutrients and flavonoids that easily addresses this problem and reduces the pain.
- Garlic contains allicin which is an effective natural antibiotic that helps to combat the bacterial growth. Unlike the case of various OTC antibiotics, the bacteria are unable to put up any resistance to garlic.
- Always use a fresh garlic clove for best results.
- It is a natural anaesthetic that numbs the pain for sometimes and gives relief to the pain.
- Garlic stops the infection from spreading any further. It contains antibacterial, antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that keep the infection from spreading and reduces the pain as well.
How to Use Garlic for Tooth Abscess?
1. Raw Garlic for Tooth Abscess:
- 1 fresh clove of garlic, peeled.
- A cup of warm water with a few drops of clove oil added to it.
- Put the garlic on the tooth that is hurting.
- Crush it to release the juice
- Continue chewing it for 3 to 2 minutes till all the juice is released.
- Spit out the residue
- Rinse your mouth with the warm water. It will remove the pungent odor easily.
- Repeat the process 3 to 4 times a day.
Benefit: The allicin in garlic provides instant relief from pain works on the infection faster.
2. Salt and Garlic for Tooth Abscess:
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 cup of warm water with a few drops of clove oil added to it
- In a small bowl crush the garlic cloves
- Add the salt
- Mix the two ingredients thoroughly
- Apply the mixture on the affected tooth
- Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse your mouth with the prepared warm water
- Repeat the process 3 times daily for quick results.
Benefit: The anti bacterial properties of salt works with garlic to reduce the pain and give instant relief.
[ Read: How to Get Rid of a Toothache? ]
3. Garlic Pills for Tooth Abscess:
- 3 garlic pills crushed
- 1 clean q-tip
- A small cup of distilled water
- 5 drops of clove oil
- 1 cup of warm water with a few drops of clove oil added to it.
- Pour the clove oil in the distilled water
- Dip the q-tip in the distilled water and roll it on the crushed pills.
- Apply it directly to the abscessed tooth.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- If pain does not subside then repeat the process again.
- Rinse your mouth with the warm water at least 10 minutes after the pain subsides.
Benefit: Garlic pills works faster on the infected areas.
These are some of the easy methods of using garlic to bring relief to your pain. You might get a stinging sensation when you are using garlic. If the sensation prolongs and becomes unbearable then rinse your mouth at once and do not use garlic again.
You might get a bit of gastrointestinal side effects. Another problem is the bad breath that you will have to deal with. Brush your teeth whenever you can to combat this problem.