Anyone who’s ever had a toothache knows just how painful it can be. The intensity of the pain can vary from mild discomfort to severe stinging. Although dental problems can be solved only by a professional doctor, there are a number of measures that will help you in relieving from unbearable pain until you get to a doctor. Clearly, this is temporary. If you have a toothache, it means there is a reason to be treated by your doctor. Do not delay a visit to him, for such things as infections tend to spread rapidly. Here we listed below some simple home remedies for toothache pain relief.
- Home Remedies for Toothache:
- 1. Salt Water for Toothache:
- 2. Cloves for Toothache:
- 3. Almond Extract for Toothache:
- 4. Tea Tree oil for Toothache:
- 5. Oregano oil for Toothache:
- 6. Apple Cider Vinegar for Toothache:
- 7. Ginger for Toothache:
- 8. Garlic for Toothache:
- 9. Peppermint for Toothache:
- 10. Potato for Toothache:
- 11. Lime for Toothache:
- 12. Onion for Toothache:
- 13. Cucumber for Toothache:
- 14. Plantain for Toothache:
- 15. Chilli Pepper for Toothache:
- 16. Black Pepper for Toothache:
- 17. Baking Soda for Toothache:
- 18. Black Tea for Toothache:
- 19. Ice Cubes for Toothache:
- General Tips:
Home Remedies for Toothache:
1. Salt Water for Toothache:
Dissolve a tablespoon of salt with a glass full of warm water (make sure water is in consumable temperature). Rinse your mouth around the sore tooth as long as possible. Then spit the salt water out. Repeat this procedure for several times, the pain would be reduced.
2. Cloves for Toothache:
Clove is known since ancient times as a tooth pain management tool. Place clove in your mouth near to the paining tooth and hold until the oil in clove extracts and reaches your tooth so that pain calms down. You can also use few drops of essential oil of cloves to make a thick paste of crushed cloves and water or olive oil and apply gently on the teeth and gums.
[ Read: How to Use Cloves for Toothache Pain ]
3. Almond Extract for Toothache:
Soak a piece of cotton in extract of vanilla, almond, peppermint or lemon and apply to the aching tooth thoroughly, in such a way that tooth should get winded with the extract solution you are using. The vitamins in the extract will make the tooth resistant to ache.
4. Tea Tree oil for Toothache:
This essential oil is suitable for many diseases and ailments treated with many kinds of nutritional values with gives strength to the teeth and relives toothache. Spotting few drops of essential tea tree oil around the aching tooth and gum and massaging with fingers will gives a good result of cure. It is better if the oil is saturated.
5. Oregano oil for Toothache:
These essential oil species cannot be used directly on the skin so, you must dilute by adding few drops of olive oil (make proportionate amount of mixture). Then soak it with cotton to apply to the aching tooth and wait until it restrains to cure.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar for Toothache:
Soak a cotton diskette in general apple vinegar and shelter it to aching place. Wait until the pain subsidises. Take suitable and simple wine vinegar.
[ Read: How to Use Clove oil for Toothache ]
7. Ginger for Toothache:
Take a small sized piece of fresh ginger and chew on the side of aching teeth it can be a simple step for forthwith fall of pain.
8. Garlic for Toothache:
Peel a clove of garlic, crush it and place between the cheek and the aching tooth. You even make a paste of crushed garlic and salt.
9. Peppermint for Toothache:
Chew fresh peppermint leaves placing near the sore tooth for a period of time. It can reduce the soreness as well as pain in the tooth immediately and also cures dental carries.
10. Potato for Toothache:
Take a piece of fresh potato, peeled and washed neatly in a consumable way. Arrange it in surrounding to the aching tooth. It can also be finely grated mixed it with salt and apply on the aching place.
11. Lime for Toothache:
Vitamin C present in Lime helps fighting infections. Take a slice of lime and place it on the aching tooth and bite it so that a little juice extracts and soak relives the ache.
12. Onion for Toothache:
Apply the onion slices to the aching tooth – pain forthwith fall. Onions should be just slit, that releases a lot of juice.
13. Cucumber for Toothache:
Fine slices of fresh cucumber hold on ache backwards. If the vegetable refrigerated and your teeth are sensitive to cold use after the cucumber thawed at room temperature. It is also good if you make a paste of finely grated cucumber and salt.
14. Plantain for Toothache:
Chewing a fresh plantain leaf is a good remedy for tooth ache. Mixing a little salt with the chewed leaves would be fast recovery. If you feel hard and painful to chew it simply apply the plant leaf to the ache point of pain. It is also possible to make plantain leaves into an oily extract and lubricate it biting the tooth.
[ Read: How to Treat Tooth Abscess with Garlic ]
15. Chilli Pepper for Toothache:
In addition to its culinary spicy flavour enhancer, it helps in relieving toothache too. Applying the paste of chilli pepper or mixing the pieces of chilli pepper with water keeps the aching tooth away.
16. Black Pepper for Toothache:
Putting black pepper on the soar areas directly or use them with salt mixture for better cure.
17. Baking Soda for Toothache:
Moisten the wool with water and soak it in a solution of baking soda and apply it to the paining tooth. Keep until the pain gets subsided. It is also possible to make the mouth rinse with a spoon of soda and half a glass of warm water. Rinsing the mouth all around the tooth and then spit out, repeat for multiple times for better results.
18. Black Tea for Toothache:
Consuming a cup of black tea is not only a refreshment drink but also acts as a relieving drink for toothaches. Black tea tends to have a high tannin content (an astringent) which relieves pain and helps healing.
19. Ice Cubes for Toothache:
The bag of ice cubes wrapped in a material or a thin towel would also be a temporary relive. Placing the ice cubes observes the pain and gives relief. If in case, this did not help also try a hot compress as an alternate way of step.
- Dental pain can be avoided if you take a proper care of your teeth, gums and follow a steadfast oral hygiene and often visit a dentist.
- If the pain is unbearable and dentists do not work (on time of the day or weekend) it is better go to a hospital where you will receive immediate assistance.
- Try to clean your teeth and flossing regularly, sometimes these measures helps in relieving pain too.
- Do not let the toothache go for weeks or months in hopes of avoiding a trip to the dentist, there is a real chance the problem will grow worse
- If the sore side of the face is paining, do not ignore although it seems like the pain is coming from the tooth, it might be a sinus infection or an allergic reaction that affects the sinus.