When fat pushes through the connective tissues present under our skin, cellulite appears and results in a dimpled appearance like cottage cheese or orange peel. These can be seen on the thighs, buttocks, stomach, arms and other areas. Though it doesn’t pose any health threat, it’s not cosmetically pleasing. So let’s see some DIY ways of dealing with it.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut oil for Cellulite
1. Coconut oil and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar: 1/2 cup
- Extra virgin coconut oil- 1 cup
- Warm towel-1
- Plastic wrap
Process: Mix the apple cider vinegar with coconut oil and apply it to the cleaned area. Wrap the area with a plastic wrap and cover this with a warm towel. Keep it for an hour before showering. This has to be used at least 1 time a day.
Benefit: Apple cider vinegar flushes toxins from the skin and removes the excess fluids, thus reducing the appearance of cellulite.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
Process: Combine a part of ACV with 2 parts of water and a tsp of honey. This mixture has to be massaged on the cellulite and left for 30 minutes before washing off.
Benefits: The minerals, potassium, magnesium and calcium in apple cider vinegar help in removing the toxins from the body along with water retention.
[ Recommended: Homemade Body Scrubs to Reduce Cellulite ]
3. Coconut oil and Grapefruit oil
- Grapefruit oil- 7 to 8 drops
- Extra virgin coconut oil- As needed
Process: Combine both oils. Take a hot shower and dry your skin using a towel after which you can gently massage the mixture on the target areas. This can be done twice every day.
Benefits: Grapefruit has acidic nature that cleans off the toxins and cellulite under the skin.
4. Dry Brushing using Coconut oil
Process: Take a hot shower to cleanse your skin and dry it using a towel. Apply extra virgin coconut oil to the target areas and brush it gently with a vegetable-based brush in a circular motion from bottom to up. Repeat it twice a day.
Benefits: Brushing removes the dead cells, increases blood circulation and removes the fat and toxins underneath the skin.
5. Coconut oil and Coffee
- Ground coffee- 1/4th cup
- Brown sugar- 4 tbsp
- Extra virgin coconut oil(melted)-3-4 tbsp
Process: Combine the above ingredients to create a coarse paste and store it in an airtight glass container. Apply the paste on the affected areas and leave for 20 minutes before washing off with warm water. This can be done 3-4 times a day.
Benefit: Coffee has a rough texture that helps in exfoliation and opening the clogged pores. Regular usage reduces the cellulite appearance.
You can try the above simple home remedies to get rid of cellulite but these won’t work unless you work out and make lifestyle changes. Taking fruits, green leafy vegetables, quitting smoking and drinking are easier ways of avoiding cellulite formation.
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar for Cellulite Reduction?
- How to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally at Home?
- Dry Brushing for Cellulite: Does It Work?
- Coffee Scrub for Cellulite: Benefits + 5 Recipes
- How To Use Coconut Oil for Cellulite Removal?
- Apple Cider Vinegar Shots: Benefits and Recipes
- 10 Best Tanning Bed Lotion for Cellulite