Constipation is a commonly faced issue worldwide. It may be caused due to regular intake of processed food, alcohol, smoking, irregular eating or overeating, less consumption of water, stress etc. Although it is not a serious disease, it can cause lot of discomfort. There are various medicines to combat this problem. However, Let us read here how to use apple cider vinegar for constipation Relief.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help With Constipation?
Constipation causes much discomfort to anyone. Natural remedies and change of lifestyles are the first steps to curing this ailment. Apple Cider Vinegar is an easy method of curing this ailment. It contains natural laxatives and acetic acid with helps to ease the problem. However, if the constipation lasts several weeks or month then it is recommended to speak to your doctor
- It acts as a natural laxative.
- It contains pectin, a water-soluble fiber that can help improve overall digestion.
- It contains digestion-friendly malic acid and acetic acid.
- It also contains small amounts of magnesium, which helps promote regular bowel movements.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Constipation:
For centuries, apple cider vinegar has been a part of our households. “Vinegar” literally means “sour wine” in French. Although a natural food preservative, it has also been useful for cleaning and disinfecting. There are many counter top medications for fighting the problem of constipation. However, they come with their side effects. Using Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural and home made process of combating the problem.
1. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for Constipation:
This is the fastest method where apple cider vinegar is concerned.
- 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar
- grape/apple juice or honey
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
How to take:
- You can directly drink 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar couple of times during the day.
- If you want to avoid the bitter taste, you can mix apple cider vinegar with grape/apple juice or honey and water.
Repetitions: Drink it twice in a day – once you wake up and once before you hit the bed in the night.
Tip: Another alternative would be to consume apple cider vinegar in the form of pills. Do consult your doctor about dosage.
[ Read: How to Use Baking Soda for Constipation ]
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey for Constipation:
This adds a nice taste to the medication
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw organic or manuka honey
- 1 cup of warm water
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
How to take:
- You would need to prepare a mixture by combining one tablespoon of raw organic or manuka honey, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of warm water.
- This should be had once in the morning on empty stomach and 30 minutes before you are off to sleep.
Repetitions: Twice in a day.
Best time to take: Empty stomach and before going to bed.
[ Read: How to Use Coconut oil for Constipation ]
3. Flax Seeds and Apple Cider Vinegar for Constipation:
You can use flax seeds if you have them in the house.
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds
- 2 cups of boiling distilled water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
Preparation time: 5 minutes,
How to prepare:
- Take 2 cups of boiling distilled water and add 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds in it.
- Let the water boil for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- After straining the water, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it.
- Ensure to drink this on a regular basis.
Repetitions: Consume this drink daily.
Tips and Precautions:
Drinking small amounts of Apple Cider Vinegar in the above mentioned manner is probably safe, but there are chances that you may experience some side effects. Some common side effects are listed below.
- Apple Cider Vinegar may cause more frequent urination.
- Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar may make you queasy or gassy. Dilute it or consume it with food to prevent these side effects.
- Regularly drinking Apple Cider Vinegar may lead to low potassium. Consider taking multivitamins daily and eating potassium-rich foods.
- Apple Cider Vinegar may erode your tooth enamel or irritate your mouth or throat. Diluting Apple Cider Vinegar, drinking the mixture through a straw, and rinsing your mouth afterward help prevent these side effects.
- Regularly drinking Apple Cider Vinegar may reduce your bone density. If you have osteoporosis or you’re at high risk of developing it, speak with your doctor before drinking Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar may lead to acne and skin redness in some people.
- Some people have also reported headaches after drinking Apple Cider Vinegar.
If you experience itchiness, a runny nose, or other symptoms after drinking Apple Cider Vinegar, you may be allergic to it. Stop taking it and report your symptoms to your doctor.