Today’s modern medicine provides vast ranges of medicines and cosmetics for hair and scalp. However, the most effective therapies are the ones that are derived from natural products. Amongst the number of products that can be used for the recovery of skin and hair, apple cider vinegar has an extraordinary place. It is very effective and has been confirmed over the years to help cure not only the problems related with hair, but also with various diseases. Apple cider vinegar has proven to improve the health of hair, regaining its shine and also aiding in its regrowth. It is important to remember to use only high quality apple cider vinegar when using it for making masks for skin and hair. Let us read to know amazing benefits and how to use apple cider vinegar for hair in this post.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair:
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair?
- 1. Coconut oil and Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth:
- 2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda for Hair Loss:
- 3. Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Scalp:
- 4. Apple Cider Vinegar for Head Lice:
- 5. Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff:
- How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar at Home?
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair:
- Apple cider vinegar contains more than 30 vitamins and minerals. Boron, iron, pectin, calcium, potassium, Beta-carotene, cellulose, amino acids, hydrochloric acid, and many other minerals are present in ACV.
- Before the beginning of modern cosmetic shampoos, people used soap and vinegar to wash their hair.
- Vinegar actually maintains locks from the leftovers of cosmetics and chemicals, removes the entire sebum and dust on the surface of the head. As a result, the hair does not tangle and is easy to comb.
- Remember more sebum brings various troubles to luxurious hair. Without usual cleaning curls look slack, they should be perfectly rinsed frequently, keep in mind that daily care does not bring the perfect result.
- Even, daily use of apple cider vinegar helps to regularize fat and renovate the normal pH balance of the scalp. Breakable curls become stronger and suppler, dandruff eliminates and hair loss is greatly reduced.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair?
1. Coconut oil and Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth:
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes.
How to apply?
- Mix both the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Take the mixture and gently massage into your scalp
- wait for 20 minutes then wash your hair with mild shampoo and water
- repeat the same process 3 to 4 times in a week
Best Time To Apply: Before a bath.
Benefit: Both coconut oil and Apple cider vinegar are known for their nourishment and immense strengthening effect on your hair.
Tips: Use organic coconut oil and organic Apple cider vinegar.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda for Hair Loss:
- 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of water
How to do?
- Mix both the ingredients in water to make a fine paste
- Apply this resultant paste to your wet hair and scalp
- keep this paste on your hair for 10 minutes finally wash off with water.
Benefit: Combination of baking soda with apple cider vinegar helps to remove toxins from your hair and grow your hair faster and also helps to control hair fall.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Scalp:
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of water
How to do?
- Mix apple cider vinegar into water
- First, apply shampoo to your hair and then nourish your scalp with a good conditioner.
- Then message your scalp with this mixture for some time.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse it off carefully.
- You can repeat this process immediately after using hair styling equipment or product.
Benefit: This method helps to your scalp remain free from any unwanted injuries, which may restrict hair growth.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar for Head Lice:
- apple cider vinegar
- hot water
How to do?
- Take equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar
- rinse your scalp with this mixture
- leaving it on the scalp for 2 to 3 hours
- Then use a fine toothed comb removing the lice larvae.
- Next, wash your head normally but don’t use a lice shampoo as it would irritate for your scalp.
- You can repeat this procedure for 3 times a week and it will help you to get the real time benefits.
- Avoid any lice shampoo on the same day as it may affect your scalp.
- You can do it alternate day to see the best results.
Benefit: Using this remedy you can easily combat the eggs that helps your hair to grow faster with a good strength.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff:
- apple cider vinegar
- fenugreek seeds
How to do?
- take acv and fenugreek seeds to make a smooth paste
- Apply this resultant paste on your scalp
- wait for 30 minutes then rinse your hair thoroughly
- repeat the same process regularly
Benefit: Apple cider vinegar helps to maintain your ph level of your scalp.
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar at Home?
The best method is to prepare apple cider vinegar at home.
Ingredients You Need:
- 5 kg of ripe apples;
- sugar – 70 g;
- hot boiled water;
- Gauze or a soft cloth with fine netting.
How to Prepare?
- Apples should be cleaned properly with water; remove the core and cut each in 5 – 7 pieces.
- Take a comfortable fold pan and add sugar.
- Mix well.
- Pour hot water. The water should cover the layer of apples at 5 cm above the level.
- Then you should cover the container with a cloth or gauze, elastic fixing the edge.
- Remove pan in a dark place for 2 weeks.
- Mix the apples and the sugar 2 times a day. This should be done essentially with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- The froth forms on the surface after 2 weeks and is consistently distributed over the entire area.
- Then spread over the glass bottles.
- After bottling vinegar in containers you need to come back to the same place, for completion of the fermentation process. Only after another 14 days, apple cider vinegar is now ready for use.
- Fermented vinegar is essential to pour into other bottles.
- ACV can last for 6 months if stored in a cool place.
The variation in the number of methods available to use apple cider vinegar for attaining healthy hair proves its role as an effective therapy for getting rid of any problem that is related to your hair. Always remember to use only pure and organic apple cider vinegar to avoid any side-effects.