The day to day life is characterized by countless activities such as playing, working, cooking and sunbathing. This means that picking up burns is quite inevitable. Luckily, there are certain home-remedy procedures that do great magic. Coconut oil is widely used all over the world due to its amazing healing properties. The following are 3 best ways to use coconut oil for burns.
Can you Use Coconut Oil for Burns?
Coconut oil contains many beneficial properties that make it valuable when it comes to fighting burns. Some of them include:
- It has skin penetrating properties and reaches out to the tissues fast.
- It accelerates skin cell regeneration. It also fastens production of skin collagen hence speeding up skin repair.
- It inhibits infections from toxins and also prevents parasitic attacks.
- It has anti-inflammatory qualities that assist to reduce pain and irritation.
- Contains vitamin E and antioxidant qualities.
- It moisturizes the skin and gives it a cooling effect. This prevents peeling, blistering, scarring and protects the affected area from further damage.
Types of Burns:
Burns are categorized into 3 types based on severity.
- 1st-degree burns- these are the mild burns that often affect the outer layer only.
- 2nd-degree burns- moderately severe burns that are characterized by more pain. They may also affect some nerves and blood vessels.
- 3rd-degree burns– they are the most severe. They include fire and severe chemical burns.
Experts recommend that you use coconut oil to cure 1st-degree burns and some of the relatively fair moderate burns as well. In case of severe burns, you should seek medical help for special treatment.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Burns
1. Lavender Oil and Coconut Oil for Burns
Lavender essential oil has numerous health benefits that were discovered more than 2000 years ago. It is largely used for its antioxidant, antimicrobial, sedative and calming properties. When used with coconut oil for burns, it does magic that surpasses your imagination. It is like a self-esteem retriever.
Ingredients & Preparation:
- 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
Preparation is as simple as cycling:
- Add the few drops of lavender oil in the coconut oil.
- Stir well to ensure that they mix perfectly.
- To reduce scar formation and to ensure that the wound is clean, run cold water over the burn.
- Carefully apply the mixture to the burn and cover it wholly.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes to allow penetration to occur after which you should wash it off.
Repetitions: Repeat this process daily until your burn heals.
[ Read: How to Use Aloe Vera for Burns ]
2. Lemon Juice and Coconut oil for Burns
This combination is normally used to treat burns as well as eradicate those annoying scars.
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil.
Preparation & Application:
- Mix both in a bowl. Stir the mixture well to create a uniform mixture.
- Run cold water over your burn and dry it completely using a clean cloth.
- Gently apply your resulting mixture over the burn.
- Let It rest; you may choose to wash it off or let it dry by itself as the skin absorbs it.
- Apply severally in a day and on a daily basis. This will facilitate the healing process and reduce the chance of leaving scars.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut oil for Burns
Acetic acid has a magical spell on many normal injuries. In relation to healing burns, you should mix it with coconut oil. This mixture works wonders on sunburns. In fact, sometimes it heals them in less than 24 hours.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Clean cloth
- Cold water
- Wash the clean cloth with cold water
- Splash a little acetic acid on it
- Run the cloth on the sunburn. In less than a minute, it shall have dried the skin, and stopped the itching.
- Run a sufficient amount of oil and rest for about 20 minutes to allow the skin to absorb.
You may repeat this procedure for some days or just follow up with coconut oil. This promotes healing and eases up peeling by exfoliating and lubricating the area. It works wonders and makes the redness disappear in hours.
- Always go for organic, virgin and cold-pressed coconut oil. It works best.
- To speed up healing and moisturize even further, you can always add vitamin E.
- For perfection, do not rely on coconut oil alone. Eat balanced diets, get sufficient amount of sleep and drink a lot of water.
- If the burns prove to be stubborn, see a doctor check existence of any infections that may require special care.
That is the magical experience of coconut oil. Use it to heal sunburns, rope burns, acid burns, water burns, minor chemical burns and radiation burns. You will surely love the results, and your beauty will be restored.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Sunburn Relief?
- CeraVe Healing Ointment Vs Aquaphor: Which Is Best?
- How to Use Aloe Vera to Treat Burns?
- How to Use Honey to Heal Wounds?
- Top 10 Natural Remedies For Keloids
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Acne
- How to Treat Sunburn with Apple Cider Vinegar
- How to Treat Head Lice with Coconut Oil