The dandelion plant has been used as a medicinal plant since 900 AD as it is highly nutritious with different vitamins and minerals needed by the human body. Dandelion helps in weight loss by promoting healthy metabolism and active waste elimination.
How to Make Dandelion Tea for Weight Loss?
Dandelion herbal tea can be made using the leaves, roots, and petals of the flowers. You can use fresh leaves and roots or you can use the tea available from stores in the form of teabags, dried powder or capsules. Dandelion tea can be used as a substitute for coffee as the tea tastes similar to coffee and it is free from caffeine.
[ Read: 6 Best Detox Teas for Weight Loss ]
Dandelion Leaf Tea for Weight Loss
It is easy to make dandelion tea using young plants. Harvest young plants that are free from chemicals and clean them. Pour it with boiling water over 1-2 teaspoons of leaves of the plant. Keep for 5 to 10 minutes and strain. Your dandelion tea is ready.
[ Read: How to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss ]
Milk Thistle and Dandelion Tea for Weight Loss
Milk thistle and dandelion tea can help in weight loss as milk thistle help in removing excess fat from the body and dandelion acts are diuretic and removes excess water. Together these herbs can breakdown fat and cholesterol deposits. You can add 1 tsp of dried leaves and seeds of milk thistle along with dried dandelion leaves and steep in hot water to make the tea.
[ Read: How To Use Milk Thistle For Weight Loss ]
Dandelion Root Tea for Weight Loss
One can use dried dandelion roots or dried and roasted roots to make dandelion tea. you can dry the fresh roots by keeping the chopped roots in the oven for two hours at high heat. To make the tea take 1-2 teaspoons of dandelion root in dried form and add 1 cup of boiled water. Keep it for 5-10 minutes for steeping and strain. You can sweeten the tea with a teaspoon of honey if needed.
[ Read: 10 Best Teas to Lose Weight Easily ]
Dandelion Tea Weight Loss Benefits
- Dandelion has a diuretic effect and eliminates excess water from the body by increasing urination.
- It improves the functioning of the liver and the liver plays a major role in eliminating fat and other toxins from the body.
- Prevents digestive ailments, constipation and hence prevents bloatedness and weight gain.
- By using dandelion tea as a substitute for coffee, you can reduce the calorie intake, resulting in weight loss.
- Drinking dandelion tea which has antioxidant property avoids the cell damage caused by free radicals.
Best Time to Drink Dandelion Tea for Weight Loss
You can use dandelion tea a substitute for your morning coffee or you can drink it in between your meals. However, you should not take more than two cups of dandelion tea per day. Taking excess dandelion tea may result in excess water loss from the body.
Consuming dandelion tea is safe when taken in small quantities. However, people who are allergic to plants should avoid taking this tea. Dandelion may also decrease the effectiveness of antibiotics. It is better to take medical advice before you opt for dandelion tea for weight loss.
You Might Also Like:
- Garcinia Cambogia: Health Benefits and Side Effects
- How to Drink Oolong Tea for Weight Loss
- Oziva Acv Matcha Tea Weight Management And Gut Health
- 10 Essential Oils for Weight Loss: How It Helps