Chewing gum is a good way to exercise your gums, but it is definitely not a way to make your face skinnier. Chewing gum reduces the face fat is one of the most common myths or misconceptions that people have.
When you chew chewing gum, your gums workout, but it has nothing to do with the fat on your face. The fat will reduce, and the face will look skinner is not true. If you casually chew one or two gum pieces in a day, it is fine until you enjoy it. However, chewing it continuously to reduce the face fat may cause more harm than help.
Chewing Gum Make Your Face Skinnier
It can cause several side effects like-
- Paining jaws
- Injury to jaw joint
- Demineralization of enamel
- Dental cavities
- Sound of popping or clicking when you open your mouth.
Since chewing gum constantly for many hours could cause so much discomfort, it should always be avoided. People with migraine and tension headaches should avoid chewing gums, which can trigger such aches. Apart from these, chewing gum can also cause disorders and injury to the jaw joint.
Enjoying chewing once in a while only for recreation and taste is fine but making it a habit could cause side effects.
If chewing gum cannot reduce face fat, how can you make your face look skinnier? Here are some most effective tips that you can follow to reduce face fat.
Tips To Reduce Face Fat
When you want to reduce fat from one spot of the body, it is called spot reduction. But, it is not possible to reduce fat from only one part without an overall reduction in weight. Therefore, to make a face look slimmer, you need to follow the below tips.
1. Focus on a Balanced Diet
What you eat tells about your body fat. The role of a balanced diet is more pronounced than exercise when you want to reduce your weight. A balanced diet includes fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and unsaturated fats in sunflower, fish, soybean, and olive oils.
Once you start taking a balanced diet, the overall weight reduction starts that helps the face to look slimmer.
You should completely avoid taking trans fats like fried, baked, and packed foods. It includes biscuits, pizzas, cookies, spreads, etc. Count your calories when overall weight reduction is the motto. Calorie intake should not be more than calories spent.
[ Read: Facial Yoga Exercises to Reduce Wrinkles ]
2. Let Your Face Exercise
To tone the facial muscles, you can start some facial exercises. They help in improving facial appearance and slowing down aging. However, you should know which facial exercise will suit you the best. Some facial exercises that you can include in your daily routine include the following-
- Lower jaw movement- Keep your face straight, and your chin raised. Now, move your lower jaw forward and backward. Repeat a few times.
- Open your mouth wide- In this exercise, open your mouth wide and keep it open until the count of 10. Now slowly close the mouth. It will activate the muscles around the upper lips and keep the face skin tight. It is useful to prevent skin from sagging.
- Lion Pose- It is a yogic posture wherein you have to exhale with your tongue out and, with each exhale, roar like a lion. It will release the tension around the jaw, neck, and face. Repeat it five to six times a day.
3. Strength Training
Regular exercise and strength training are other ways to keep the skin healthy. Basically, the idea is to stay active, which is key to healthy weight loss. Once the overall body weight manages, the face also starts looking slimmer as the excess fat melts.
It is advised to exercise for at least 30 minutes daily for weight management. If you can’t go to the gym, just work out at home. Walking and jogging are also good ways to manage weight and stay fit.
4. Facial Treatments
If none of these works, you can go for facial procedures that help you remove the excess fat from the face surgically. Different cosmetic procedures can help you achieve a sharp jawline with reduced face fat.
Botox injections, chin augmentation, neck lift, and neck liposuction are some of the most common procedures that come under it.
Out of many ways to reduce face fat, chewing gum is the least effective. In fact, there is no fat reduction by just chewing gums. So, if you are chewing gums only to make your face look slimmer, stop right now and indulge in healthy food and lifestyle to attain it.
You Might Also Like:
- 8 Easy Homemade Face Scrubs for Every Skin Type
- Glo Skin Beauty Clear Complexion Pads Review
- The Best Skin Care Routine For Your 30s
- How Do Celebrities Lighten Their Skin Permanently?
- How to Make Your Face Look Thinner – Makeup and Fashion Tricks
- Does Being Tan Makes You Look Skinnier?
- Does Short Hair Make You Look Fatter?
- Best Exercises To Improve Your Posture