Pineapple is a tropical fruit that is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. The proteolytic enzyme called bromelain present in it helps in protein metabolism. The antioxidants prevent cell damage caused by harmful substances. Pineapple is also rich in fiber content which is very effective in proper digestion of the food and in weight loss.(1)
How do Pineapples Help in Weight Loss
Hydrates the Body: Lack of proper water content and minerals in your body will make you crave for food. Pineapple has a good amount of water and when taken in the juice can give a satiated feel.(2)
Increases Body Metabolism: The enzyme bromelain present in pineapple helps in easy protein metabolism. This is very helpful if you are trying to lose fat from your body. Bromelain also works with lipase enzyme which helps in fat digestion and curbs your appetite. When your body metabolism increases, stored fat will be used and this will lead to weight loss.(3)
Promotes Digestion: Pineapple juice also helps in easy digestion of food including meat as it contains bromelain. The fiber content of the fruit also promotes easy movement of food through the digestive tract and elimination of fat.(4)
Vitamin C and Antioxidants Keep You Healthy: The vitamin C and antioxidants in pineapple keep your immune system healthy and functional. By remaining healthy you will be able to be more active and will be able to exercise to achieve your goal of weight loss.
[ Read: 8 Healthy Weight Loss Drinks ]
How to Prepare Pineapple Juice for Weight Loss?
Always use freshly prepared pineapple juice as the nutrient content decreases when you keep the juice for hours.
- Put 1 cup of peeled and chopped pineapple pieces into a blender or mixer.
- Add 1 cup of water and blend it make a smooth juice.
- Add more water according to the consistency you need.
- Pour in a glass.
Best Combinations: Pineapple with Other Ingredients to Lose Weight
Pineapple can be used with other ingredients to lose weight effectively. Some of the best combinations are.
Pineapple and Lemon Juice for Weight Loss
Make a juice by adding pineapple, 1 lemon juice, and a few mint leaves with one glass of water. Drinking this juice helps in removing fats from the body and preventing bloating.
Pineapple and Cucumber Juice for Weight Loss
Prepare juice with a half cup each of pineapple and cucumber and 1 celeries stick by adding ½ cup water. Adding cucumber increases the fiber content and reduces the calories in juice. This will keep you fuller for longer.
Pineapple and Ginger for Weight Loss
Blend together 1 cup of pineapple, 1-inch piece of ginger, and mint leaves. This juice will help in improving digestion and preventing bloating. This will make your tummy look flat.(5)
[ Read: 10 Healthy Detox Juices for Weight Loss ]
Pineapple and Kiwi Juice for Weight Loss
Blend together ½ cup of pineapple and ½ cup of kiwi fruit with water. This juice is healthy as it is rich in fiber and less sugar content than pure pineapple juice.
What is the Best Time to Drink?
Freshly prepared pineapple juice which is not filtered and has the fiber content will keep your stomach full and hence a good choice to use as snacks in between meals. The fullness will prevent you from bingeing. You can take pineapple juice after your daily exercise also.
It is important that you should not add any sugar to the juice if you want to reduce weight. Limit the daily intake quantity to two glasses as excess juice will increase calorie intake.
- Bromelain, the enzyme complex of pineapple (Ananas comosus) and its clinical application. An update- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3287010/
- Pineapple, raw, all varieties- https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/169124/nutrients
- Physiological and molecular study on the anti-obesity effects of pineapple (Ananas comosus) juice in male Wistar rat- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6170270/
- Potential role of bromelain in clinical and therapeutic applications- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4998156/
- The Amazing and Mighty Ginger- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92775/
You Might Also Like:
- Best Fat Burning Foods – 40 Healthy Foods That Help You Burn Fat
- 28 Significant Benefits Of Pineapples (Ananas) For Skin, Hair, And Health
- 12 Healthy Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes
- The Health Benefits of Granny Smith Apples