If you’ve had your hair dyed at the salon, you may have noticed that the stylist washes it off completely after finishing the coloring service. Washing dyed hair right away can make your hair dull. After your stylist takes the time to perfectly color your hair, you will be able to achieve the desired color. If you have ever wondered why salons should wash your hair after coloring it, this article will answer your question.
Wash Your Hair After Coloring
1. Removal Of Excess Dye
Washing the hair after coloring removes excess pigment and also helps the dye spread evenly. The ones in salons are a bit stronger than the dyes and dye kits you have at home.
It removes excess pigment and ensures that your hair doesn’t absorb too much pigment. It paves the way for a much darker complexion than you might expect.
2. Arrange Your Hair For The Following Treatment And Seal The Cuticles
Most hair styling services are best done on your clean hair. After color, the stylist washes your hair to help prepare for your next treatment or service. Also, while washing your hair to cover your cuts isn’t recommended, salons have access to a variety of special products to help seal your cuticles.
3. Using A Luxurious Shampoo
Your hair stylist will wash your hair thoroughly using a luxurious shampoo after coloring it. This service will help you enjoy a comfortable feeling. Also, your hair stylist will give you a relaxing moment to forget your worries while massaging your scalp.
4. Knowing About New Hair Products Through Your Hairstylist
Washing your hair after coloring is a common practice. Many stylists have opportunities to promote every product they use to you. And the shampoos and conditioners used in salons will smell amazing and leave your strands feeling extra soft.
When you choose for your hair, use quality products introduced by stylists, so that you can achieve the desired result.
Certain Reasons Why Salons Wash Your Hair After Coloring
There is nothing more refreshment than leaving a salon with new and beautiful hair color. But have you thought ever, about why our stylist always completes the coloring with shampoo? There are a few reasons behind it, read below to know very clearly,
- It aids to remove any residue from the hair coloring products. It also assists that your color will evenly distribute and will last longer.
- Shampooing helps to open up the hair cuticle, which allows the color to deeply penetrate the hair shaft more easily.
- Washing the hair after coloring also aids to seal in the color and safeguard it from fading too quickly.
- It renders your stylist a final chance to check the color and allows you to make any necessary adjustments if needed.
- They also condition the hair to restore moisture and nourish, which will be ready for the next treatment
On the whole, you will get a lovely scalp and fine head massage.
Time To Wash Your Hair After Coloring
If you are coloring your hair, washing it right away will make your color fade immediately. So washing after 72 hours will give you the color you are looking for. That way, giving adequate time to wash your hair helps enough cover the cuticles completely.
Wait for some time before washing the hair, so that it infuses more color pigments into your hair strands and helps keep your hair shiny for longer. So, washing after three days is beneficial for your hair color.
Prevent The Hair With Proper After-color Haircare
Doing hair coloring is a brilliant one, but the process may alter the natural hair structure. Such alteration makes the hair go damaged. Following after-color haircare is very significant in maintaining the strength of the hair.
You can use sulfate-free shampoos to clean the hair after you have taken a hair coloring treatment. Make sure that those products are also color-safe one. Also, you can have different oils to prevent damage due to hair coloring.
Some Tips To Power Up After Color Haircare
Have a few useful tips to take care of your hair in the correct way.
Limit Hair Washes
Coloring dries the hair as strands tend to lose the natural moisture after a coloring process. Washing the hair frequently can make your hair very dry which leads to breakage and other damage.
If you like to wash your hair, do it with a color-safe shampoo. But use only cold or lukewarm water.
Maintain Correct Health Care Practice
A haircare routine makes sure that your hair receives all essential nutrients as well as moisturization after coloring. After this treatment, hair will tend to get weaker and then prone to damage.
So that, you can take deep conditioning treatment to restore the essential moisture to the hair from root to tip.
Give Some Gap To Do The Next Coloring
Colouring the hair often may seem a great way to keep transforming the hair. But, it will weaken the roots and strands. You can give six weeks gap from the last one to maintain your hair health.
Do a hair coloring treatment with the proper hair care routine to get the best result without affecting hair strength.
Image Credit: freepik
You Might Also Like:
- 11 Side Effects of Hair Dye You Should Know About
- How To Get Rid Of Static Hair?
- How to Remove Hair Dye with Baking Soda?
- How To Remove Hair Dye From Skin at Home?
- 7 Best Blonde Hair Dyes for Dark Hair
- When To Wash Hair Before Coloring or Highlighting?
- 7 Best Hair Colors For 60 Year Old Black Woman
- 7 Best Purple Shampoos For Balayage
- 7 Best Shampoos for Stripping Hair Colour