Colored hair has been in trend for a long time and looks great on black women. However, not every hair color goes well with black skin. Experimenting with different hair colors and finding the right shade takes a lot of hits and trails. While some colors may look good on one, they may look not-so-good on others.
At the same time, once you hit mature age, coloring hair with red or purple just for experimenting may not suit your age. If you are an old black woman confused about what hair color suits you, this article will help.
We have listed the 7 best hair colors for 60 years old black women. All these hair colors go well with black skin and look elegant and subtle on mature women. Check them out and see if you prefer any of them.
7 Best Hair Colors for 60 Year Old Black Woman
1. Mahogany Hair Color: Herbatint Permanent Haircolor Gel
- Adds tinges of brown and natural red highlights to dull hair
- It is an ammonia-free coloring made with organic herbal extracts that gently allows you to lighten the natural hair
- Works to restore vitality and healthier, naturally beautiful hair
- Enriched with the properties of 8 highly pure organic herbal extracts that perform a toning and soothing action
- Gives long-lasting results and is dermatologist tested
What We Don’t Like: The fragrance is overpowering.
2. Caramel Hair Color: L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying + Shine Permanent Hair Color
- Helps maintain color vibrancy and provides silk and shine
- Comes in multiple formulations and styles to deliver long-lasting color
- Combines the latest in technology with the highest in quality for the ultimate in hair color, hair care
- Do not compromise on hair health
What We Don’t Like: The application could be messy if you do it alone.
[ Read: 7 Best Dye For Black Women’s Hair ]
3. Burgundy Hair Color: Garnier Hair Color Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Creme
- Formulated with color boost technology
- Contains a powerful blend of triple fruit oils- avocado, olive, and grape seed
- Also infused with shea butter to make hair healthy and supple
- Non-drip creme formula for easy application
What We Don’t Like: It may make hair dry.
[ Read: 7 Easy Homemade Hair Dye Recipes ]
4. Deep Light Golden Brown: Garnier Hair Color Nutrisse Ultra Coverage Nourishing Creme
- It is formulated to develop rich color that can cover white hair with ease
- Enriched with the goodness of avocado, olive, and shea oils to keep hair well moisturized and protected
- Deeply nourishes the strands and features a non-drip creme formula
- No mess, easy application, and great for coloring white hair
What We Don’t Like: It takes time to produce the desired color, so you must be patient.
[ Read: 7 Best Colors For White Hair ]
5. Light Brown: Clairol Nice’n Easy Permanent Hair Dye
- Helps create three hair tones and highlights with its exclusive Color Blend Technology
- Gives an authentic look wherein the color lasts for more than eight weeks
- Comes with color blend formula, color blend activator, cc plus color seal conditioner, expert gloves
Easy to use
What We Don’t Like: The application may seem messy, but it helps get the best color for white hair.
[ Read: How To Use Hair Dye Without Developer ]
6. Platinum Hair Color: Got2b Metallic Permanent Hair Color
- It helps give you a multi-dimensional metallic look
- The anti-fading effect and head-turning radiance make it one of the best for mature women
- Formulated to give metallic shine for cool and shimmering tones
- Hair nourishing ingredients make it good for hair health
What We Don’t Like: It may make hair dry.
7. Balayage: Clairol Nice’n Easy Balayage Permanent Hair Dye, Blondes Hair Color
- Best for creating trending highlights, making white hair look awesome
- Gives a bold as well as subtle look for a flawless persona
- Infused with hair-friendly ingredients that stay gentle on strands
- Free of nasty ingredients that can make hair fragile and weak
What We Don’t Like: Hair may feel dry after application, but with proper care, they look natural.
[ Read: 7 Best Blonde Hair Dyes for Dark Hair ]
While choosing the hair color, you must look for a hue that matches your complexion. It will ensure that the color won’t look too harsh on you. The list we have shared is based on the preference of mature black women. Also, the products are safe for mature hair.
However, we recommend shampooing and deep conditioning after the hair color process to upkeep hair health for longer. It’s time to say goodbye to grays and look stunning in a new hair color.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Hair Colors For African American Gray Hair
- 4 DIY Dry Shampoo Recipes For All Hair Colors
- 7 Best Hair Dyes For Curly Hair
- Best Purple Hair Dye For Dark Hair
- Pick Out The Best Henna Hair Dye For Your Hair
- Best Black Hair Dye
- Home Remedies for Gray Hair
- How Long Does Permanent Hair Dye Last?
- Can You Dye Your Hair With Food Coloring
- Is Necessary To Wash Your Hair After Coloring
- 7 Best Clarifying Shampoos for Colored Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Stripping Hair Colour