Hair dyeing can occasionally be difficult because you might not get the outcome you were hoping for with the colour you chose. Even with the proper blend and technique, the right colour can still have flaws along the way. This occasionally leads to hair that is too light compared to what is desired. What do you do in these circumstances? How can a hair colour that is too light be softened? Here are some specific techniques that, with the right safety measures, can be tried at home.
Tone Down Hair Colour That Is Too Light
Methods To Tone Down Too-light Hair Colours
If your hair colour is too light, there are a number of techniques you can try. Although it is best to proceed cautiously and conduct a test first, these techniques may work for some people but not for others.
Use Toning Or Clarifying Shampoo:
Instead of using the typical moisturizing shampoo, you can tone down your hair at home by using clarifying or toning shampoo. The bleaching agents used in these shampoos naturally rob the hair of its original colour. Although exercising caution is the best course of action, using conditioner and steam oil frequently will help prevent hair damage and drying out. Here are a few shampoos that can be used with the colours:
- Use blue shampoos to darken and colour your hair if you are a brunette.
- Use purple shampoos on blondes to balance out their bright yellow hair.
- For others: Beach blondes like platinum and silver/white hair can both benefit from using silver shampoos.
A Mixture Of Coconut And Olive Oil:
You can always use a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil to help you darken your hair if it is too light. Olive oil not only makes your hair shiny and smooth, but it also contains a lot of gold tones, which helps to balance out both the dark and light tones. Coconut oil serves as a moisturizer and prevents roughness. Here is how to apply it:
- Mix olive oil and coconut in 1:1 part in a bowl.
- Gently heat the mixture in a pan or microwave.
- Get it lukewarm and apply it to clean and damp hair.
- Keep it overnight if possible.
- Rinse with warm water, shampoo and conditioner as usual.
At home, in your kitchen, is yet another best-kept option. One of the best ways to maintain the health of your hair while also toning the colour is coffee. There are many uses for coffee, including hair care. They are said to help restore the smoothness and silkiness of hair because they contain bioflavonoids and polyphenols. Here is a method you can use to apply for toning down the hair:
- Coffee should be brewed and set aside to cool.
- In a plastic bag, combine ground coffee and conditioner to make a paste.
- After it has cooled, let the brewed coffee sit in your hair.
- Gently massage the scalp after thoroughly applying the paste.
- After an hour, thoroughly shampoo your hair and then leave in.
Citric acid is present in Lemon; it has acidic properties that aid in dissolving the hair pigment and revealing the lighter pigment. The characteristics and results are comparable to how it affects the skin. To reduce the appearance of darker shades and hair colours, it also removes the oxidized coating from the hair. If you use too much lemon juice, it can dry out your hair and promote unfavourable hair growth, so be sure to dilute it with water. Here is the method you can use to apply to tone down the hair colour:
- Dilute the juice with water.
- Mix the juice with the conditioner on the shampoo and apply.
- For the best result, sit in the sun as it will help break down the acidic components of the juice.
- After an hour or so, wash the hair thoroughly with shampoo.
Vinegar And Vitamin C:
Both of these can help to lessen the light pigmentation in your hair. While vinegar’s acidic properties help to remove hair colour, vitamin C also helps to fade hair colour. Please check to see if this acid is compatible with your hair before using it, just as a word of caution.
1. If You Are Using Vinegar:
- Mix the vinegar with the shampoo and give it a good shake.
- Apply it well on your scalp.
- Rinse it with cold water 2-3 times.
2. If You Are Using Vitamin C
- Mix the powder to form the paste with little water.
- Damp your hair and apply. Cover it for an hour with a shower cap.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner thoroughly.
- Try it at least 2-3 times alternatively until you get the desired result.
Baking Soda And Lemon:
Another combination that can be used to successfully lessen hair pigmentation and restore its natural colour is this one. Since both of these have the ability to lessen hair lightning, combining them will produce useful results. Here is a technique to use:
- Mix water, lemon juice, and baking soda to make a paste.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo before applying, and make sure to completely drain the water.
- Apply the paste, then wrap a towel around your head for about 20 minutes and wash your head with warm water.
Bring On The Heat:
Flat irons can also be used to lower the intensity. To bring the light tone down into more natural colours, you can get professional assistance with flat iron rods. However, using too much heat can harm your hair permanently, so it’s always best to follow a professional’s advice.
In conclusion, you can successfully bring the light tone down on your own at home. But when it comes to bleaching the hair, it is always advised to ask a professional for guidance or assistance. Making decisions on one’s own can have consequences. So, visit a salon or ask a person with hair care knowledge for advice.
You Might Also Like:
- 15 Best Hair Color For Women Over 50
- Best Orange Hair Dye For Your Hair
- Certain Guidance To Fix Orange Hair With Box Dye
- How To Create Grey Hair Shiny Silver?
- 7 Best Shampoos for Stripping Hair Colour
- How to Use Baking Soda for Hair Removal?
- Kim Kardashian Contouring and Highlighting Tutorial
- Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Benefits + Recipe
- How To Remove Hair Dye Stain From Sink
- 7 Best Bleach For Dark Hair
- 7 Best Colors For White Hair
- 7 Best Permanent Root Touch-Up for Grey Hair
- 7 Best Toners For Orange Hair