If you want to cover your grays and looking for the best hair color, we have made your search easy by curating a list of the 7 best hair colors for African American gray hair. These colors are great for hair health and keep the healthy.
Check out the hair colors and find your best pick.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Rich Color:Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme||Buy on Amazon|
|Adds Shine and Gloss:L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying Color + Shine System||Buy on Amazon|
|Semi-Permanent Color:Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color||Buy on Amazon|
|Salon Perfection:John Frieda Precision Foam Color||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Long-Lasting Results:Manic Panic Ultra Violet Hair Color Amplified||Buy on Amazon|
|Effective and Affordable:Clairol Natural Instincts||Buy on Amazon|
|Dermatologist Tested and Approved:Revlon Total Color||Buy on Amazon|
7 Best Hair Colors For African American Gray Hair
1. Rich Color: Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme
- Offering intense hydration, this hair color makes strands strong and supple while giving them the desired color
- Enriched with ingredients like avocado, olive, and shea butter that add moisture and nourishment to the strands
- The non-drip formula glides over the strands, easing the process manifold
- The pleasing fragrance and silky texture make it one of the best hair color
- It features an ultra-reflective formula that easily turns dark hair colors to your desired shade
- 23 shades of this hair color are available that you can apply as per your skin type
What We Don’t Like: The color fades faster, and reapplication becomes necessary.
[ Read: 7 Best Products For Curly Gray Hair ]
2. Adds Shine and Gloss: L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying Color + Shine System
- It is a perfect hair coloring kit that can be used at home easily
- It helps deliver a smooth, soft, and shiny look to hair, making them look luxurious
- The results are long-lasting, irrespective of your natural hair color
- Comes with a conditioner and hair serum to keep hair vibrant, silky, and smooth
- Multiple shades are available that you can choose according to your skin type
- Offers good gray coverage and maximum shine
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering smell.
3. Semi-Permanent Color: Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color
- It is a damage-free hair color formula, giving pigmented shade and leaving hair silky soft
- Works best if your hair is pre-bleached platinum to medium blonde
- You don’t need a toner or a developer for this hair color, thus making it suitable for at-home application
- Different hues can be obtained by mixing different shades
- It is available in multiple shades
- Free of ammonia, bleach, and peroxide.
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering smell
4. Salon Perfection: John Frieda Precision Foam Color
- It is a thick, saturating, and foaming formula that deposits color to the strands and locks moisture to avoid hair
- becoming dry and brittle
- It is a non-drip color that spreads easily on the strands and offers good coverage
- Do not give patchy results, and ensures 100% gray coverage
- It is fade-resistant and gives long-lasting results
- Comes with a conditioner that seals the hair color and the essential moisture on the strands
What We Don’t Like: The color may fade fast.
5. Best Long-Lasting Results: Manic Panic Ultra Violet Hair Color Amplified
- It offers stunning hues, and the result lasts for over 6 weeks
- It is easy to combine this color with different shades and create a new look for your hair
- Doesn’t require a developer, thus making the coloring process easy
- Contains 30% more pigment, thus ensuring a long-lasting result
- Available in 23 shades and is free of ammonia, paraben, gluten, and phthalate
What We Don’t Like: The color may transfer, so use it carefully.
6. Effective and Affordable: Clairol Natural Instincts
- Formulated with 80% natural ingredients, ensuring great health and shine for your natural hair
- It helps enhance the natural hair color and makes it appear healthy, radiant, and shiny
- Infused with ingredients like coconut and aloe vera for deep nourishment
- Available in 38 shades and the results are long-lasting
- It is free of ammonia and paraben
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering smell.
7. Dermatologist Tested and Approved: Revlon Total Color
- It has a nourishing formula that offers 100% gray hair coverage, thus best for African American gray hair
- The color lasts for over 6 weeks
- Infused with hemp seed oil and other shade-specific botanical extracts such as black tea extract for dark hair,
- sesame oil for brunettes, cranberry for red shades, and chamomile for blondes
- It has a creamy and non-drip formula and is available in 16 shades
What We Don’t Like: The application is messy.
[ Read: Home Remedies for Gray Hair ]
Now that you know the best hair color for African American gray hair, it’s high time to give them a try and transform your grays into something bold and beautiful.
You Might Also Like:
- Naturtint Permanent Hair Color Review
- 7 Best Hair Fibers For African American
- 7 Best Eyebrow Dyes For Gray Hair
- 7 Best Hair Colors For 60 Year Old Black Woman
- 7 Best Colors For White Hair
- 7 Best Clarifying Shampoos for Colored Hair
- Got2b Metallic Permanent Hair Color Review
- 7 Best Professionals Perm For Color-Treated Hair
- 15 Best Hair Color For Women Over 50
- How To Lighten Purple Hair To Lavender
- 7 Best Oils For Dry Gray Hair
- 7 Best Permanent Root Touch-Up for Grey Hair