Nowadays every women fashioning of hair changes according to the situation and kind of parties they are attending, but every time using chemicals on your hair whenever you change your hairstyle and color, makes your hair dull and grey. Why to torcher your hair with such chemicals? To have healthy hair try to use some homemade hair dyes and packs. Hence we have shared some of the homemade hair dyes which may be useful to your hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
1. Black Tea
Black tea has the ability to turn blonde hair to brunette or black hair. Black tea has tannic acid which helps to darken hair over time. You can also use coffee as coffee also has dark color and act as stain to your hair.
- Brew 6 tablespoons of strong black tea or 6 tea bags or coffee powder
- Make little thick tea and let it cool
- Apply it to your have and soak for 30 minutes
- Wash your hair with warm water
Henna helps to decrease the amount of premature graying of hair as it has tannin compounds that darden the hair, it also contains Vitamin E that makes hair soft. The proteins and antioxidants present in this plant helps your hair to stay healthy.
- Boil black tea leaves in water
- Let the water be warm
- Poor a cup full of henna powder in the water and mix well till it become a thick paste
- Let it soak for 8 hours
- Apply the paste to your hair and wait for 30 min and wash with cold water.
[ Read: How Long Does Permanent Hair Dye Last? ]
3. Carrot/ Beetroot Dye
Carrots are said to be good supplement food and also good for hair. It contains vitamin A, which helps to combat hair loss and strengthen the hair. Whereas beetroots have carotenoids which help to grow and it has natural food pigments that help to get red or purple color effect on your hair.
- Take any of the juice like carrot or beetroot juice and mix with coconut or carrier oil
- Mix both of them and and set for an hour
- Apply the juice to your hair and cove with shower cap and wash after an hour.
[Read: How To Remove Hair Dye ]
This dye will help your hair to lighten and render a reddish tinge, it is a natural hair dye for black and brown hair. You can see a drastic change, but not the same for everyone. It also helps to stimulate circulation and encourage the growth of hair and reduce hair fall.
- Take ½ cup cinnamon powder
- And take ½ cup of conditioner
- ½ cup lemon or honey and mix well
- Set aside for 40 min and apply the lotion to hair
- And wash after half an hour.
[ Read: Best Henna Hair Dye For Your Hair ]
5. Soy and Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps to balance the scalp pH level and makes your hair smoother, silky and shiny and also moisturizes. Vinegar has color treated hair that prevents it from fading. But don’t often use it as it has an acidic character. Soy contains proteins like glycine that helps to moisture and condition your hair and also help in darkening your hair.
- Take ½ cup soy
- And ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Mix them and set for 20 min
- Wash your hair with conditioner before use and apply this mixture and wait for 10 min and wash
6. Sage Dye
Sage leaves contains tannin pigment that helps in darkening the grey hair, that acts as hair dye
- Take half cup dried sage and 1 cup of water
- Boil dried sage in water for half an hour
- Let it cool down and stain
- Resin your hair with shampoo and conditioner then give a last wash with sage dye and let it set for 15 to 20 min and wash your hair.
7. Saffron Dye
Saffron are mostly used for grey hairs; they give you beautiful golden hued locks that cover white hair. It also helps to repair follicles and improves your hair growth.
- Take 1 tablespoon of standard saffron
- 2 cups of water
- Boil saffron in water for 20 min
- Let it cool down
- Apply to the scalp and hair and wash for 30 minutes followed by shampooing and conditioning.
Following all these may result to some extent. By following these dyes your hair will be conditioned with good health, silky and shiny too.. We have listed some of the effective dyes that may be useful. Remember to apply the suitable dye which suits your hair type.
You Might Also Like:
- Can You Dye Your Hair With Food Coloring
- How To Bleach Dreads
- How Long Does It Take To Get Dreads
- Best Black Hair Dye
- How to Remove Hair Dye with Baking Soda?
- 5 DIY Natural Hairspray Recipes For All Hair Types
- How To Mix Bleach For Hair?
- Can You Dye A Synthetic Wig?
- Will My Hair Dye Run In A Swimming Pool?
- How Long Does It Take To Dye Hair?
- How To Remove Hair Dye From Skin at Home
- Can I Use Hair Dye on My Eyebrows
- 7 Best Shampoos for Stripping Hair Colour
- 2 Best Homemade Hair Lightening Spray With Lemon