It gets annoying when you have to remove your leg hair each time you wear a skirt or a short dress. The struggle is real! Imagine your friends asking you to join a party on the weekend for which you also get excited and take out your pretty black dress. But alas, you can’t wear it because the leg hair you shaved in the early morning has outgrown again, and now your legs are no more smooth and silky.
For all the ladies having such issues with their leg hair, we have come up with a detailed guide, helping you get all the answers to your queries. Continue reading to get the best tips on shaving and alternatives to shaving.
Why Does My Leg Hair Grow Back so Fast After I Shave it?
Shaving Makes Leg Hair Grow Faster – Myth or Truth?
This statement is an utter hoax. Shaving does not make the hair grow back faster. Hair growth has nothing to do with shaving.
Hair develops from the hair follicles that reside inside the epidermis, the outer layer of the skin. As the razor glides over the skin’s upper surface, it doesn’t reach the hair follicles. Therefore, if you experience your hair growing faster, it is only because of genetics.
Shaving Makes Hair Grow Back Thicker- Myth or Truth?
This is again a myth. The outgrown hair looks thicker only because the razor cuts them at a blunt angle. It gives them a thicker appearance than they were before shaving. However, their thickness and texture are still the same.
Some Areas of Hair Grow Faster than Others- Myth or Truth?
Yes, this is true. You must have experienced that you have to shave your underarms more often than the legs and arms. It is because the hair growth cycle of every body part is different. Have you ever seen your body hair growing as long as the hair on your head; no, right?
The reason is the difference in their growth cycle. Head hair has a cycle of about 2 to 6 years, while it is 30 to 45 days for your legs and arms. It is the reason why some areas have faster hair growth than others.
[ Read: How Long Does Hair Have To Be To Wax ]
Shaving Tips You Should Know
- Shave in Cold Water – Even though it seems tempting to shave while taking a steamy shower or hot bath, it is not a good practice. Hot water makes the skin puff for some time, due to which more hair remains covered in skin. It prevents getting the best shaving. So while you shave, make sure the water is not hot.
- Shave at The Right Time – If you think every time is right for shaving, you are wrong. The best time to shave is in the evening or before going to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, the legs swell slightly, which goes unnoticed. It causes the same problem as hot showers. Similarly, if you have spent your day mostly standing on your feet, it can also cause swelling.
- Shave in The Right Direction – Running the razor in the right direction helps get the closest shave. Also, it avoids skin irritation and razor burn.
- Rinse and Repeat – To get the closest shave; you should rinse after every stroke. Not rinsing clogs the razor with hair, dead skin, and shaving cream- everything that will not help to get the best result.
3 Best Alternatives to Shaving Leg Hair
Women annoyed with getting razor burn and skin irritation can opt for other alternatives. Some of the best ways to get rid of body hair include-
It is one of the safe and easy ways to remove hair. Waxing is considered a better option than shaving as it gives better results that last longer. Also, waxing leaves the skin smooth and silky for weeks compared to only a few hours that you get with shaving.
2. Hair Removal Creams
The market is flooded with various hair removal creams that come infused with ingredients like Aloe Vera, vitamin E, and many more to leave a healthy and shining skin. All you need is to apply this cream to the desired area and wipe it after a few minutes. The hair gets removed in an instant. However, due to the presence of harsh chemicals that burn the hairs, it is often avoided.
3. Laser Hair Removal
If you do not want your hair to come back, go for laser hair removal treatment. While shaving shocks, waxing hurts, and creams frighten, the laser removes the hair permanently.
If you are fed up with shaving or waxing repeatedly, get professional help and undergo laser treatment- a sure-shot way of getting rid of unwanted body hair.
You Might Also Like:
- Can I Shower After Waxing?
- Why Is Waxing Better Than Shaving?
- How to Get Rid of Ingrown Hairs on Legs
- How Long Does Hair Have To Be To Wax?
- Does Waxing Help With Ingrown Hairs?
- How to Remove Facial Hair with Egg White?
- How To Remove Pubic Hair At Home?
- How to Use Baking Soda for Hair Removal
- How To Remove Hair With Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
- How to Wax Your Legs at Home
- 15 Best Ways How To Run Faster
- 7 Best Numbing Creams For Laser Hair Removal