Waxing and shaving are the two most common ways of getting rid of unwanted hair from the body. While both these methods are completely different, what you like better is a personal preference. Some people prefer waxing their bodies, and some like to shave off unwanted hair.
However, there are pros and cons to both these methods. For instance, shaving is less time-consuming and easier waxing takes time and is a more involved method. But, when it comes to results, it makes all the difference.
Waxing Better Than Shaving
What Are The Benefits Of Waxing Vs. Shaving?
Shaving and waxing are hair removal methods, but the results of both are temporary. Over time, the hair grew back. However, if we talk about their lasting effects, the result of waxing lasts longer than shaving.
Benefits Of Shaving
Some major benefits of shaving the unwanted body hair are-
- It is more convenient.
- Takes less time, probably a minute or two.
- Shaving can be done every day.
- It is less expensive.
The best thing about shaving is you don’t need any specialized equipment other than a razor. Also, you don’t need any assistance to shave the hair. It takes just a few minutes to make the skin smooth and hair-free. At the same time, you do not have to wait for the hair to grow out enough for shaving, unlike waxing.
Talking about the cost, shaving is much less expensive than waxing. All you need is a razor that you can buy in a few dollars instead of going to a spa waxing center to get the waxing and spending a huge amount.
Benefits Of Waxing
The major benefit of waxing is its result lasts longer as the process is more involved. You can enjoy a smooth and hair-free feeling for many days. On the other hand, when you shave, the hair starts coming out the next day also; you may experience the problem of ingrown hair.
Another good thing about waxing is it makes the hair less coarse and thick. It is because waxing pulls out the hair from the roots, making it harder to grow back soon. On the contrary, the hair is cut with a blunt end and appears thick and coarse with re-growth when you shave.
Some other benefits of waxing are-
- It is good for sensitive skin that experiences skin irritation due to shaving.
- Waxing exfoliates the skin and removes the dead cells.
- Skin gets smooth and soft for a few weeks.
People with sensitive skin often experience skin rashes after shaving. It may also cause the skin to become dry and pale. If you have had such an experience, switching to waxing will benefit you.
[ Read: How To Heal Ripped Skin From Waxing ]
Is Waxing Painful?
Pulling out the hair from any body part is painful. Also, somebody parts experience more pain than others, like the bikini line, underarms, inner thigh, and upper lip, as they are more sensitive. However, if you continue waxing, the body gets used to it, and it won’t hurt as much as it did the first time.
How much waxing hurt also depends upon the type of wax you use and who is doing it. When it is done by a professional who knows the right direction to pull the hair, it makes all the difference. Pain will be less, and hair will come out right from the roots, keeping the area smooth and hair-free for long.
Some people experience redness, bumps, swelling, torn skin, and sometimes bleeding after waxing. However, it is rare and often happens due to incorrect waxing treatment. People with sensitive skin should always check the ingredients of lotions and wax used for waxing to prevent allergic reactions.
How To Make Waxing A Pleasant Experience?
If you are waxing for the first time and afraid of pain, here are a few ways to soothe it.
- Take a warm shower before heading for the appointment. It will open up the pores and ease the waxing process.
- Exfoliate the body parts you will be getting waxed.
- If you feel pain and swelling after waxing, use a cold and wet cloth on the areas to ease it.
- Waxing may make you susceptible to sunburn, so avoid going directly under the sun and tanning beds for a few days.
- After waxing, use fragrance-free moisturizer to soothe the skin.
- To avoid skin irritation and skin chafing, wear loose-fitting cotton clothes the next day.
Whether you like to shave or wax is completely your decision, and now that you know the major pros and cons, making the right choice won’t be difficult. Your skin type and how long you want a hair-free feeling matter the most.
You Might Also Like:
- Can I Shower After Waxing?
- How To Stop Shaving The Faces Of Females?
- How To Get Rid Of Redness After Waxing
- Why Does My Leg Hair Grow So Fast?
- Do Redheads Have Red Pubes?
- Does Waxing Help With Ingrown Hairs?
- How long Does Redness After Waxing Last
- How Long Does Hair Have To Be To Wax?
- How to Wax Your Legs at Home
- How Long Does A Wax Burn Last
- 7 Best Hair Waxes For Men
- 7 Best Waxes For Coarse Hair