Lots of people complain about the length and thickness of eyelashes. Since eyes are prone to be exposed to a number of environmental factors, it is very common for eyelashes to fall. It is said that unlike hair, eyelashes do not grow naturally. Synthetic methods such as eyelash extensions and makeup enhancers are available to obtain thick and long lashes but this can cause extreme discomfort and is not even healthy in the long run. Very few naturally available oils have been proven to benefit the growth and thickness of eyelashes. One such oil is argan oil.
Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of argan tree which is endemic to Morocco. Argan oil is also used in a number of personal-care products like cosmetics, shampoos, oils, etc. It is also said to be a rich source of ɣ-tocopherol which is said to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Have a look to learn how you could use argan oil for drool worthy eyelashes.
Can Argan Oil be used for Eyelashes?
- Unlike other oils, Argan oil is a very lightweight and does not cause any greasiness when used.
- It contains Vitamin E which makes it a very efficient product for use for achieving long eyelashes which are a desired trait with regards to beauty.
- Argan oil has been used very popularly to improve the texture and general health of hair and skin and poses no side-effects.
- This makes it a good natural treatment for attaining longer and fuller eyelashes.
How to Use Argan Oil for Eyelashes:
Clean Argan Oil:
- Most importantly, it is suggested to use only pure Argan oil for eyelashes.
- Use an old mascara brush which is cleaned and dried before use.
- Dip the brush into Argan oil and gently apply it on the eyelashes by moving it in an upward direction.
- Do not apply too much of it as it can cause a stinging sensation in the yes.
- Once applied, leave the argan oil overnight.
- Doing it regularly can help get longer, thicker and healthier eyelashes.
Tips and Precautions:
- Although not yet proven scientifically, but argan oil is traditionally known to be beneficial in improving hair and skin health. It has been used for centuries to improve hair and even eyelashes both in terms of length and thickness. But it is pertinent to note that the lack of scientific evidence means there is no prescribed quantity or quality of Argan oil to be used for this purpose.
- Use only pure argan oil and ensure it is of the highest quality.
- Do not over apply or use excess of argan oil as it reacts with the eyes and causes a stinging sensation.
- Like the use of any other oil, it is always recommended to do a patch test on the skin or part of hair to ensure there is no reaction to the oil. If there is a severe reaction kindly visit the doctor for remedy.