Headache is a common type of pain experienced in the head portion which can spread up to neck. There are different types of headaches and common among them are:
- Tension-type headaches
- Cluster headaches
- Sinus headaches
- Hormone headaches
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Headaches:
- Apple cider vinegar is quite popular for its excellent medicinal properties and the health benefit it offers.
- One can use it for treating multiple health conditions which also include headaches and migraines.
- It can act in a perfect way for headaches or migraines which are caused because of blood sugar hike or even for digestion problems.
- Presence of potassium in Apple Cider helps in treating Migraine pain better.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Headache:
There are many ways of using apple cider vinegar for treating headache problems. Below are discussing 2 such ways.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey for Headaches:
Honey has always been proven to have headaches as it is rich in minerals especially potassium and magnesium. These allow blood to flow well to the brain and hence relaxes the arteries.
- Apple cider vinegar
Preparation Time: 5 Mins
- Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Take 8-ounce of water in glass
- Mix apple cider vinegar and honey with water and drink that daily.
How it work: It helps in setting the pH levels of the body to fight the reason causing headache.
Repetitions: Daily for 10 to 12 days or till sign of improvement noticed.
Best time to Apply:
- Morning empty stomach
- Afternoon before lunch
- Night before dinner
- Drink the mix slowly to allow the body to accept its benefits.
- Scientific evidence are available which clearly states that it can help in preventing and treating problems of migraines and the pain associated with it
[ Read: How to Use Peppermint Oil for Headache ]
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Peppermint Oil for Headache:
Apple cider vinegar in combination with peppermint oil can treat the problems of headache well. A combination of water mint and spearmint is a result of this herb called peppermint.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Peppermint Oil
- Clean Piece of Cloth
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
- Take a clean piece of cloth
- Take cold Apple cider vinegar (ACV) 10 to 15 cap of bottle
- Now add 5 to 6 drops of peppermint oil in it
- Soak the clean cloth for 10 minutes in the ACV and peppermint water
- Now squeeze the cloth and compress your forehead with it
How it Work: It cool down the tension nerves in head
Repetitions: Continue till you get relief
Best time to Apply: When you have headache
- Check the cold water temperature which you skin can tolerate.
- This will help you to soothe the pain you are having on your head. Peppermint oil is known as one of the most effective migraine-fighting essential oils.
Tips, Precautions, and Warnings:
- Apple cider vinegar is considered safe for general use for treating headache.
- Exceptions are there for patients suffering from diabetes or prediabetes. You need to consult your doctor to know the dose which you can consume for ACV while taking it with honey and water. If advice not taken by doctor then that can affect the level of blood sugar in your body.
- If you are suffering from gastroparesis, also known as slow emptying stomach, you need to be careful. Consuming too much ACV is not good for you as it may slow the process of digestion in you.
Besides taking ACV for treating headache it is important for you to work on your stress level and tension. ACV can help in getting rid of it for a certain time, but it may revamp back if you do not care for your health. Visit your doctor for advice and checkup to know as what other ways you can adopt to control the problem of headache.