Both male and female use razors occasionally to remove hair from their face or body. However, it might come with unpleasant consequences. One such consequence is razor bumps. This is a type of skin irritation which usually occurs when you use a razor on your skin. It might lead to swelling, burning, and itching. As a matter of fact, it can also cause you to have bumpy rashes on the skin. It causes much discomfort. However, there are natural ingredients to get rid of it and one such ingredient is apple cider vinegar.
Can Apple Cider Vinegar Treat Razor Bumps?
Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory and calming properties which work to reduce itching sensation and the inflammation on the skin. Moreover, the acetic acid which is present in it will help in preventing infection.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Razor Bumps
Apple cider vinegar is a great natural remedy and is ideal for healing an extensive range of skin conditions.
How to use:
- You can directly apply apple cider vinegar on the affected area for the skin to absorb it or make a face pack out of it.
- To apply apple cider vinegar directly, you have to use a cotton ball.
- Apply it on the razor bump before bath.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
Repetitions: Repeat this twice in a day till it heals completely.
[ Read: How to Use Baking Soda for Razor Bumps ]
2. Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
Applying honey might seem strange at first but it is pretty effective. It serves as an antiseptic and can hydrate the skin. If you use it in the effects area, it can alleviate the signs.
- Apple cider vinegar and
How to Do:
- To prepare the recipe, you need one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it properly in a bowl. Apply it to the areas of razor bump.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Repetitions: Do this twice every day to get the result that you desire.
Best Time to Apply: Before Bath.
[ Read: How to Use Aspirin for Razor Bumps ]
3. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
Bragg’s apple cider vinegar is one of the best available in the market. You will all about it over the internet. You will find in most of the grocery stores. It has pale to amber color.
- Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar.
How to Do:
- Pour some of it on a cotton ball and apply it on the affected area. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Keep in mind that since it is an acidic product, it might burn for some moment.
Best Time to Apply: Before bath.
No of Repetitions: Doing this every day will help you to get rid of the razor bumps.
[ Read: How To Get Rid of Razor Bumps Naturally ]
How Long Does it Take for The Razor Bumps to Go Away?
Usually, razor bumps last for a week, unless you irritate or pick it. If you do then it is going to last longer. The natural healing process lasts for a week and then it will start to disappear on its own. However, with gentle exfoliation and the treatment mentioned above, you will be able to speed up the process.
Preventing Tips for Razor Bumps
- Even though there is the efficacious solution for combating razor bump, there are many things you can do for reducing it. Take a look at some of the tips that you need to keep in mind in case you want to avoid dealing with razor bumps.
- Make sure that you use a clean razor. Get rid of unclean and rusty razor blades and replace the blades from time to time.
- Wash your skin prior to shaving. This is because dirt accumulation might lead to uneven surface which increases the risk of razor bump.
- It is important to lubricate. Use shaving cream to provide your skin with the lubrication that it requires.
- If you shave too quickly then it might cause you to develop a razor bump. Hence, you need to take it slow and easy. Make sure that you take long strokes. Rinse your blade with water after every stroke.
Many people feel that razor bump is something that they will have to live with. However, that is not the case. If you opt for the right treatment, you will be able to get rid of them. Explore various options and find out the method that is suitable for you.