After piercing the nose, a bump appears at the site. This occurs often because of infection or allergic reactions but it can be healed. Though the nose piercing looks beautiful, you need to get rid of the bump for a better look and experience.
Reasons for the Appearance of Nose Piercing Bump:
Some Reasons why the Bump Appears are as Follows:
- Some fluid is trapped in it creating a lumpy or bumpy look.
- Occurrence of a granuloma which is an inflamed tissue in the form of a raised spot, having a reddish appearance. It is a type of response of the body’s immune system to fight something harmful for the body. It can be some bacteria, virus, or just a reaction to the jewelry.
- Allergic reaction to the nose pin is another major reason. Some people are allergic to metals other than gold or silver.
- Hygiene is not maintained while and after piercing can lead to infection.
- Scar occurs because of Keloid which is a raised scar.
[ Recommended: How to Use Sea Salt for Piercings ]
How To Get Rid Of A Nose Piercing Bump?
The nose piercing bump may be painful, itchy, or have tenderness but firm while touching. Generally, it takes 4-6 months to get healed but needs to be kept clean to avoid the condition from worsening.
Here are some home remedies that can be tried to get rid of the bump:
- Aftercare Procedure with Sea Salt Solution: This is essential to avoid infection after piercing. The area needs to be cleaned regularly with saline solution at least 2 times every day. Take ⅛ to ¼ of a teaspoon of sea salt in a cup of warm pure water to rinse the pierced area with clean hands and then let it dry
- Also, the non-allergic jewelry should not be removed unless the nose piercing is healed. Also, one has to be careful while getting dressed, to ensure that the piercing doesn’t get knocked.
- While swimming, it is better to cover the piercing with a waterproof dressing.
- Lotions, cosmetics, or other similar products along with hypoallergenic jewelry must be avoided.
- Tea Tree Oil: This can be used for dehydrating and reducing the bump size. You can apply it directly to the area.
- Using Warm Compress: This is effective in removing the trapped fluid under the skin, thus reducing the bump size. To make a warm compress, soak a clean washcloth in hot water and gently hold it onto the pierced site for some time. Forcing the bump to remove the trapped fluid should be avoided as this can lead to scarring as well as irritation.
[ Recommended: How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Piercings ]
If you want to eliminate the chances of occurrence of a nose piercing bump, make sure to get it done hygienically with experienced professionals as they will take all measures for a safe and better experience. Besides this, taking the steps mentioned above can help you easily heal it.