Sometimes acne prone skin is hard to deal with. Besides using different skincare products, you can also use a certain face wash to treat different skin issues, including acne.
Since face wash is the first part of skin cleansing, it helps remove oil, dirt, makeup residues, and sweat from the face, which are the major culprits behind acne and breakouts. Since every acne-prone skin is different and has specific requirements, using face washes to eradicate acne and pimples will be highly effective.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Dermatologist Recommended:Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash||Buy on Amazon|
|Multi-Purpose:PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash, 10% Benzoyl Peroxide||Buy on Amazon|
|Non-comedogenic:La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|pH Balanced:DERMA-E Vitamin C Daily Brightening Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|All-in-one formula:Trader Joe’s All-in-One Facial Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|Self-Foaming Formula:EltaMD Foaming Facial Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|Non-Irritating Formula:CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
Here we have listed the seven best face washes for acne and pimple that are hand-picked based on their effectiveness.
Check them out and find your pick.
7 Best Face Washes For Acne And Pimples
1. Dermatologist Recommended: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
- The key ingredient is 2% salicylic acid, which doesn’t over-dry the skin and helps maintain its glow
- It is a lightweight and oil-free face wash offering multiple skin benefits
- It is s budget-friendly option that helps exfoliate the skin and reduce breakouts, blackheads, and whiteheads
- It helps keep excess oil and dead skin cells under control with each wash
What We Don’t Like: It contains dyes and artificial fragrances; therefore, a patch test is recommended, especially for sensitive skin.
[ Read: 15 Best Face Washes For Acne ]
2. Multi-Purpose: PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash, 10% Benzoyl Peroxide
- The key ingredient is 10% benzoyl peroxide that helps reduce redness and skin inflammation
- It has foam texture and maximum strength to help combat different skin issues effectively
- The antibacterial properties of face wash kill bacteria
- It unclogs pores and brings glowing radiance to the skin
- Reduces the irritation caused by cystic pimples
What We Don’t Like: The concentration of face wash is strong, which may cause dryness and irritation to the skin.
[ Read: How to Get Glowing Skin for Brides ]
3. Non-comedogenic: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser
- The key ingredients of this gel cleanser are 2 percent salicylic acid, lipo-hydroxy acid
- It suits oily skin and acne-prone skin effectively, reducing the signs of acne and pimples
- Since it is tested for allergens and came out hypoallergenic, it is suitable for sensitive skin too
- It is free from parabens and other harsh ingredients
What We Don’t Like: It comes with a hefty price tag, and according to some users, it causes skin drying and peeling.
[ Read: 7 Best Men’s Face Washes For Oily Skin ]
4. pH Balanced: DERMA-E Vitamin C Daily Brightening Cleanser
- The key ingredients of this face wash are Vitamin C, niacinamide, green tea
- It is suitable for all skin types and works best for skin that has hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration
- It is pH balanced and cruelty-free brand that helps brighten skin tone and corrects dull sin
- Effectively removes dirt, oil, and grim from the skin, along with makeup residues
What We Don’t Like: It is more pricey than other face washes for acne and pimples.
5. All-in-one formula: Trader Joe’s All-in-One Facial Cleanser
- The key ingredients are Vitamin A and Vitamin B5
- It is suitable for sensitive skin as its formula is gentle and helps calm the irritated skin
- It doesn’t dry the skin and reduces the signs of redness, skin irritation, and inflammation
- Doesn’t strip off the natural oil from the skin and makes it glowy and radiant
What We Don’t Like: it lacks certain ingredients, thus not suitable for people with specific skin concerns.
6. Self-Foaming Formula: EltaMD Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Enzymes are the key ingredient of this self-foaming facial cleanser from EltaMD.
- It is suitable for sensitive skin and helps eliminate pollutants and other skin impurities.
- It infuses oxygen into the skin and makes it more radiant and healthy.
- It is a pH-balanced cleanser containing ingredients like bromelain, which reduces inflammation, and apple amino acids, which help hydrate sensitive skin.
- Free from parabens, phthalates, oil, and sulfate
What We Don’t Like: It contains artificial fragrance. Also, the product comes with a hefty price tag.
7. Non-Irritating Formula: CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
- The key ingredients are ceramides and hyaluronic acid, which makes it suitable for dry and sensitive skin
- It is non-comedogenic and non-irritating
- It is highly effective for certain skin issues such as acne and pimples and skin conditions like eczema
- It softens the skin and stays non-greasy on all skin types
- Free from sulfate and other harsh chemicals
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t lather and contains paraben.
[ Read: CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser Review ]
Now that you know some highly effective face wash for acne and pimple, it’s time to use them and say goodbye to these skin concerns. All these face washes are highly effective and show instant results.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Makeup Removers For Acne-prone Skin
- 5 Best Homemade Face Serums for Glowing Skin
- 7 Best Face Washes For Black Men
- 7 Best Face Washes For Blackheads
- How to Use Turmeric to Reduce Inflammation?
- Top 10 Best Face Cleansers For Acne
- 8 Best Face Washes For Teen Boys
- 7 Best Face Washes For Eczema
- 7 Best Laundry Detergents for Acne Prone Skin
- 10 Best Face Washes For Large Pores