Blackheads result from buildup over time. Anything heavy or oily, like excess of skin’s natural oil, sebum, makeup residue, etc., can clog the pores, resulting in blackheads. Fortunately, many skincare products can help manage blackheads.
Using the right face wash alone can help curb the issue. The best face wash for blackheads should have non-comedogenic properties. It means it should prevent pore clogging and remove the entire buildup, residue, and sebum.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Dermatologist-tested:St. Ives Acne Control Daily Face Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|Oil-free and Lightweight:Bioré Charcoal Acne Daily Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|Non-comedogenic:Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
|Non-Foaming:Humane Acne Face Wash, 10% Benzoyl Peroxide||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Sensitive Skin:Simple Micellar Cleansing Water||Buy on Amazon|
|Multi-Purpose:PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash, 10% Benzoyl Peroxide||Buy on Amazon|
|Non-comedogenic:La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser||Buy on Amazon|
Blackheads can be stubborn, and removing them can take a toll. Thankfully, there are products to control and manage them. Here, we have listed the best face wash for blackheads, hand-picked based on their quality and performance.
Keep reading to know more about them and find the one best suits your skin needs.
7 Best Face Washes For Blackheads
1. Dermatologist-tested: St. Ives Acne Control Daily Face Cleanser
- The key ingredients are tea tree oil and 2 percent salicylic acid
- It is an oil-free face cleanser with exfoliating benefits that helps remove blackheads effectively
- Works well for acne-prone skin and minimizes oil in the skin
- Also infused with tea tree oil, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- Helps decrease inflammation and minimize extra oil on the skin
What We Don’t Like: it contains dyes and may cause a tingling sensation on certain skin types.
2. Oil-free and Lightweight: Bioré Charcoal Acne Daily Cleanser
- The key ingredients are charcoal and 1 percent salicylic acid.
- It is suitable for oily, sensitive, combination, and acne-prone skin
- It absorbs oil from the skin, unclogs the pores, and removes blackheads
- The presence of salicylic and glycolic acids, along with charcoal, helps get deep into the pores and promotes essential exfoliation.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of charcoal decrease the inflammation associated with acne
What We Don’t Like: The concentration of salicylic acid is only 1%. Also, it contains fragrance.
3. Non-comedogenic: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
- Glycerine is the key ingredient of this facial cleanser
- It is non-irritating and free of paraben and sulfate
- Suits all skin types, including normal, oily, and combination
- It helps minimize oiliness and prevents clogged pores and breakouts without drying out the skin
What We Don’t Like: It contains artificial fragrances that may seem overpowering to some.
[ Read: CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser Review ]
4. Non-Foaming: Humane Acne Face Wash, 10% Benzoyl Peroxide
- The key ingredient is 10 percent benzoyl peroxide
- It is non-foaming and SLS-free, suitable for oily skin affected by inflammatory Rosacea
- It delivers oxygen to the pores so bacteria can’t thrive and minimize the occurrence of blackheads and whiteheads
- Free from parabens, sulfates, fragrances, or dyes
- It is suitable for the face as well as the body
What We Don’t Like: It comes with a hefty price tag.
[ Read: 7 Best Face Washes For Acne And Pimples ]
5. Best for Sensitive Skin: Simple Micellar Cleansing Water
- The key ingredients are micellar water and Vitamin C, which works well for dry and sensitive skin
- It is dye-free and fragrance-free, suitable for problematic skin
- The presence of skin-friendly ingredients makes it a gentle face wash that removes makeup, dirt, and oil
- It is free from ingredients that could potentially aggravate sensitive skin and cause irritation
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t have active ingredients that target acne.
6. Multi-Purpose: PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash, 10% Benzoyl Peroxide
- The key ingredient is 10% benzoyl peroxide which helps reduce redness and skin inflammation
- It has foam texture and maximum strength to help combat different skin issues effectively, such as blackheads
- The antibacterial properties of face wash kill bacteria
- It unclogs pores and brings glowing radiance to the skin
- Reduces the irritation caused by cystic pimples
What We Don’t Like: The concentration of face wash is strong, which may cause dryness and irritation to the skin.
[ Read: 7 Best Primers For Glowing Skin ]
7. Non-comedogenic: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleanser
- The key ingredients of this gel cleanser are 2 percent salicylic acid, lipo-hydroxy acid
- It suits oily skin and acne-prone skin effectively, reducing the signs of acne and pimples
- Since it is tested for allergens and came out hypoallergenic, it is suitable for sensitive skin too
- It is free from parabens and other harsh ingredients
What We Don’t Like: It comes with a hefty price tag, and according to some users, it causes skin drying and peeling.
So these are some of the most effective and best face washes for blackheads. Now that you know them, it’s time to start using them for fresh, glowing, acne-free, and blackhead-free skin.
You Might Also Like:
- 10 Best Face Mask For Blackheads
- How to Use Baking Soda for Blackheads?
- 7 Best Face Washes For Black Men
- How to Use Hydrogen Peroxide to Remove Blackheads?
- 8 Best Face Washes For Teen Boys
- 10 Best Face Washes For Large Pores
- How to Remove Blackheads for Oily Skin