Coconut oil and baking soda have numerous benefits. They are known for their cleansing, exfoliation, moisturizing, and other positive effects on the skin, face, and hair. Despite various useful characteristics of the 2 ingredients, people are skeptical to use them on the skin. Let us learn more about using this combination on the skin.
How to Use Coconut oil and Baking Soda on The Face?
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and baking soda and warm them a bit.
- This will help in combining the ingredients easily and create a smooth paste.
- To this, add 1-2 drops of essential oil as per your skin types, such as tea tree oil for acne-prone skin, vitamin E oil for aging, and others.
- Use some lukewarm water to wet the face and apply the mixture on it in upward circular motions.
- The mixture has to be massaged onto the skin to exfoliate. This can be repeated for 5-10 minutes.
[ Recommended: Natural Ways to Clean Your Face Without Soap ]
Is it Safe to Use Coconut oil and Baking Soda on Your Face?
This combination forms a natural face wash with no preservatives or chemicals, hence making it completely healthy. But it is important to use coconut oil and baking soda in a 2:1 ratio instead of a 1:1 ratio to avoid any harsh effect on the skin.
Who Should Avoid The Treatment?
- Everyone might not have a positive impact on the skin on using coconut oil as it might clog the pores and make acne worse. This is true for those with oily skin.
- Also, those having sensitive skin need to speak to a dermatologist before using it on the skin to avoid chances of irritation.
- Similarly, baking soda is strongly alkaline and hence might alter the natural pH balance of the skin which is between 4.5 to 5.5.
- The natural oils of the skin might be stripped off, making it prone to bacteria and other harmful organisms.
The impact of coconut oil and baking soda varies for different skin types. So, after using it, if any negative outcomes are observed, it is better to stop using it immediately and try other safer organic facewashes available in the market.
- What Happens When You Rub Ice Cubes On Your Face
- Homemade Baking Soda Face Mask Recipes
- The 15 Best Face Washes for Acne
- 8 Best Face Washes For Teen Boys
- 7 Best Oils For Face Massage